• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Tried to stay off here yesterday....just could not handle the negativity...nice to see a new sherwood thread:)

To be honest I was not enamoured by Poch's selection yesterday, I think he has made some strange decisions thus far..,I would like Poch to be given time, some of the players in our squad I cannot wait until they go.

That result hurt yesterday! I really am trying to stay positive but losing at home to West Brom and Saudi Sportswashing Machine, given how much they were struggling is soul destroying to me! I dont think we have a divine right to win any game but those two results are unacceptable to me.

A big part of me feels like we should just sell all the under peforming high earners and just go with the kids..... get Pritchard in, go with a midfield of Carrol, Bentaleb & Mason, Kane up front, Dier & Velkovic at the back.

That makes no sense whatsoever but I am struggling to remember a time I have felt so disconnected to our squad! I think its worse because I know they are not terrible but they keep putting in flat peformances.

Sorry that was depressing I know...oh well Villa need three points and have lost their last five! any team playing like d**sh** desperately need a fixture vs our pus**s in white! Go Tottenham give the villa what they need! :(

I made a very similar comment to my mate on the way home...

Right now I'd gladly see a team that had a massive young English influx just so I could invest some interest...

Imagine having walker right back with Dier and one other centre back and rose left back
In front of them a combination of Carroll, Bentelab and verjovic (can't spell his name so apologies) with Mason, Pritchard and Kane up front... Yeah it may not be balanced but I'd love to see tags just once

I must admit that I have not picked up on us playing the same high line tactic this season as we did under AVB. I would say that we are playing deeper this year.

I agree it's slightly deeper but nevertheless a high line with fullbacks committed in attack. Similarly a lot of goals through the wings.

Edit: goals conceded that is

because we don't have the players to play that way

So, you think he has jettisoned his successful tactics at Soton to play in a way to suit our players. If that us the case , he has failed on both counts. This half way house explains our dismal performances thus far.

So, you think he has jettisoned his successful tactics at Soton to play in a way to suit our players. If that us the case , he has failed on both counts. This half way house explains our dismal performances thus far.

but you've been crying out for him to play 442 for the last few weeks :rio:

and you done the same with AVB - so now a manager is actually adapting to what's available to him you're complaining about that too? :rolleyes:

I think it's more of the players failing to apply his ideas properly that leaves us with a half hearted and unconvinced team playing.

[tweet]526862302847721472[/tweet]

I've exceeded my number of free reads, could only read the headline, but looks like they're trying to stir up something here.

Wow shocked (I shouldn't be ) at a completely made up article with some **** trying to drum up discontent amongst fans.

If we lose v villa them I am sure more people may start to turn. Everyone said he needed time yet when we actually start badly people begin to turn on our manager right away.

Don't get the obsession with Rodriguez - Kane is a similar player and if we are gonna sign anyone in jan then they have to have power and pace.

you think we've played a high line with pressing in every game so far :eek:

i must have been watching a different team this season as i only recall that being the case in 2, 3 games.

We chase the ball, which is not quite the same as pressing.

Interesting here from Miguel Delaney(journo that covers Tottenham) on the Second Captains podcast https://soundcloud.com/secondcaptai...a-man-utd-corner-watching-tv-with-roy#t=43:11

Particularly when he says this:
"From going to spurs a bit you do hear stories behind the scenes. And the suggestion for the moment is basically that while all the players are actually very impressed with Pochettino and the way he plays, he's not overly impressed with a lot of them."
"A lot of this squad, even players that only came last year, are already kinda conditioned to the idea that this is a club where the long term principles aren't really allowed to bed down."
"And you get at so many of these clubs this idea that 'well the players will be here for longer than the manager' "

Interesting here from Miguel Delaney(journo that covers Tottenham) on the Second Captains podcast https://soundcloud.com/secondcaptai...a-man-utd-corner-watching-tv-with-roy#t=43:11

Particularly when he says this:
"From going to spurs a bit you do hear stories behind the scenes. And the suggestion for the moment is basically that while all the players are actually very impressed with Pochettino and the way he plays, he's not overly impressed with a lot of them."
"A lot of this squad, even players that only came last year, are already kinda conditioned to the idea that this is a club where the long term principles aren't really allowed to bed down."
"And you get at so many of these clubs this idea that 'well the players will be here for longer than the manager' "

Cheers for sharing. Definitely interesting. Lines up with some other stuff we're hearing I think.

Patience, patience, patience. For me at least.

Reading a fair few comments saying 'yeah but what about Poch's mistakes?'.

I'm really not seeing any glaring mistakes to the point that they can obviously be called out upon as reasons for our poor form. The same selection that gave us the poor second half also allowed us to completely dominate the first, which to me makes it much more likely that the explanation Poch gave about the mentality being wrong, and players losing their heads, being the right one. There was nothing glaringly wrong with his tactics or selection.

Tried to stay off here yesterday....just could not handle the negativity...nice to see a new sherwood thread:)

To be honest I was not enamoured by Poch's selection yesterday, I think he has made some strange decisions thus far..,I would like Poch to be given time, some of the players in our squad I cannot wait until they go.

That result hurt yesterday! I really am trying to stay positive but losing at home to West Brom and Saudi Sportswashing Machine, given how much they were struggling is soul destroying to me! I dont think we have a divine right to win any game but those two results are unacceptable to me.

A big part of me feels like we should just sell all the under peforming high earners and just go with the kids..... get Pritchard in, go with a midfield of Carrol, Bentaleb & Mason, Kane up front, Dier & Velkovic at the back.

That makes no sense whatsoever but I am struggling to remember a time I have felt so disconnected to our squad! I think its worse because I know they are not terrible but they keep putting in flat peformances.

Sorry that was depressing I know...oh well Villa need three points and have lost their last five! any team playing like d**sh** desperately need a fixture vs our pus**s in white! Go Tottenham give the villa what they need! :(

Agree with a lot of this. My enthusiasm for watching SPurs has, I hate to say, dwindled over the last couple years - initiated by AVB's mind-numbingly boring tactics, then the farcical appointment of Deadwood and now exacerbated by a lot of the sh1te in our squad. Our squad doesnt come across as a cohesive group - just a bunch of individuals who have no connection with the fans let alone the club

I also would like to see us ship out some of the supposedly bigger names who dont perform and are just happy to take their few million £ per year - get rid of Paulinho, Kaboul, Dembele, Chiriches and Adebayor. Build a team around Eriksen, Walker, Verts, Lloris, Dier, perhaps Lamela (given he's young so has time to improve) and a couple of the more promising youngsters like Mason. At least there might then be some more rapport between fans and players

Agree with a lot of this. My enthusiasm for watching SPurs has, I hate to say, dwindled over the last couple years - initiated by AVB's mind-numbingly boring tactics, then the farcical appointment of Deadwood and now exacerbated by a lot of the sh1te in our squad. Our squad doesnt come across as a cohesive group - just a bunch of individuals who have no connection with the fans let alone the club

I also would like to see us ship out some of the supposedly bigger names who dont perform and are just happy to take their few million £ per year - get rid of Paulinho, Kaboul, Dembele, Chiriches and Adebayor. Build a team around Eriksen, Walker, Verts, Lloris, Dier, perhaps Lamela (given he's young so has time to improve) and a couple of the more promising youngsters like Mason. At least there might then be some more rapport between fans and players

I think Lloris, Verts, Dier, Walker, Mason, Eriksen, Lamela, Kane is a fantastic core of a side for the next 5 years. I would say it easily has as much potential as the Gomes, King, Dawson, Corluka, Modric, Huddlestone, Lennon, Pav core we were putting in place in 2008. I also think our support players like Soldado, Chadli, Rose, Capoue are also much better than we had in 2008 (Bent, Bentley, BAE, Zokora), and Stambouli and Fazio are still big unknowns who might become major players.

On the contrary though I'm really excited about this new team/era. Having proper homegrown players like Kane, Mason and Townsend is fantastic, and Lloris, Lamela, Eriksen are definitely the right type of overseas players

I think Lloris, Verts, Dier, Walker, Mason, Eriksen, Lamela, Kane is a fantastic core of a side for the next 5 years. I would say it easily has as much potential as the Gomes, King, Dawson, Corluka, Modric, Huddlestone, Lennon, Pav core we were putting in place in 2008. I also think our support players like Soldado, Chadli, Rose, Capoue are also much better than we had in 2008 (Bent, Bentley, BAE, Zokora), and Stambouli and Fazio are still big unknowns who might become major players.

On the contrary though I'm really excited about this new team/era. Having proper homegrown players like Kane, Mason and Townsend is fantastic, and Lloris, Lamela, Eriksen are definitely the right type of overseas players

Lloris won't be sticking around for us to build something, he's in his prime and needs to play at the top now. Verts is looking doubtful (although not a lost cause) that he will be here for too much longer either, and if Eriksen reaches his potential Id hazard a guess he would leave in maybe 2 years' time. I agree with your sentiments though....

Lloris won't be sticking around for us to build something, he's in his prime and needs to play at the top now. Verts is looking doubtful (although not a lost cause) that he will be here for too much longer either, and if Eriksen reaches his potential Id hazard a guess he would leave in maybe 2 years' time. I agree with your sentiments though....

Lloris actually strikes me as someone who is more concerned with being happy than pursuing a move to Madrid or Barca. He didn't want to leave Lyon because he was settled there - the club initiated the move because they needed the money.

We might not stand in his way if one of the Spanish giants come in for him and he behaves in a dignified way, but I can't see him actively seeking a move.

To me he's also not at his peak yet. While he's up there with Neuer as the very best in the world, his distribution and decision-making can/will still improve.

Remember he was also the first to put his head above the parapet and sign a new contract when Poch was announced as manager.

Lloris actually strikes me as someone who is more concerned with being happy than pursuing a move to Madrid or Barca. He didn't want to leave Lyon because he was settled there - the club initiated the move because they needed the money.

We might not stand in his way if one of the Spanish giants come in for him and he behaves in a dignified way, but I can't see him actively seeking a move.

To me he's also not at his peak yet. While he's up there with Neuer as the very best in the world, his distribution and decision-making can/will still improve.

Remember he was also the first to put his head above the parapet and sign a new contract when Poch was announced as manager.

Can you not see the parallels between what you are saying and what a lot thought before Bale left?

I have no doubt he is a top pro and very dignified, but he will be off if the opportunity arises and we haven't managed to achieve CL....

Real will need a new keeper at the end of the season, we are their feeder club, Lloris will go there. Well, that's what I think anyway ))

Back