• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

why such the faith in Stambouli Mumorn? you seen him play much?

To be fair I've seen enough of him in a Spurs shirt to think he's going to be a player. And yes I'm aware he hasn't had many minutes for us!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Dembele is not going to want to stick around if he is not in the first team and I do not think that he shows any signs of forcing his way in any time soon.
what do you base this on? that he's currently not in the team right now?

I think Dembele will be a starter soon enough.

what do you base this on? that he's currently not in the team right now?

I think Dembele will be a starter soon enough.

He has all the tools to be a great player and has had them for 4 years, showing no signs of being anything to me then another Jenas but maybe Poch can coach him better.

Tried to stay off here yesterday....just could not handle the negativity...nice to see a new sherwood thread:)

To be honest I was not enamoured by Poch's selection yesterday, I think he has made some strange decisions thus far..,I would like Poch to be given time, some of the players in our squad I cannot wait until they go.

That result hurt yesterday! I really am trying to stay positive but losing at home to West Brom and Saudi Sportswashing Machine, given how much they were struggling is soul destroying to me! I dont think we have a divine right to win any game but those two results are unacceptable to me.

A big part of me feels like we should just sell all the under peforming high earners and just go with the kids..... get Pritchard in, go with a midfield of Carrol, Bentaleb & Mason, Kane up front, Dier & Velkovic at the back.

That makes no sense whatsoever but I am struggling to remember a time I have felt so disconnected to our squad! I think its worse because I know they are not terrible but they keep putting in flat peformances.

Sorry that was depressing I know...oh well Villa need three points and have lost their last five! any team playing like d**sh** desperately need a fixture vs our pus**s in white! Go Tottenham give the villa what they need! :(

He has all the tools to be a great player and has had them for 4 years, showing no signs of being anything to me then another Jenas but maybe Poch can coach him better.

Dembele is an upscale version of Jenas, probably with more ambition/motivation

All the tools, great athlete, zero intelligence, don't think you can coach that in.

I'm sure I remember Dembele actually saying he doesnt watch any football.......doesn't seem the type who wants to improve

[tweet]526862302847721472[/tweet]

I've exceeded my number of free reads, could only read the headline, but looks like they're trying to stir up something here.

Dembele is an upscale version of Jenas, probably with more ambition/motivation

All the tools, great athlete, zero intelligence, don't think you can coach that in.
I don't think it's football intelligence he lacks, it's belief in his own ability IMO. Early vids of him show a different Dembele, one that played a lot more instinctively. Now he seems to 2nd guess himself all the time. I think AVB's time in charge is partially to blame and the possession at all costs philosophy has embedded itself deeply in his playing style now. I still think there is a chance he might fulfil some of his potential if he can just break out of that mindset. A good coach could change him and hopefully that coach is Poch. Considering our indifferent form there may be an opportunity for him to stake a claim for a starting spot again.

Poch has ended up like avb with the same high line high pressing game. Are the players in secret revolt ? Ade tried more under Sherwood, verts refusal to sign and putting in half hearted performances...just saying, the press and Internet will be on poch's back soon. I hope he and levy are ready.

Poch has ended up like avb with the same high line high pressing game. Are the players in secret revolt ? Ade tried more under Sherwood, verts refusal to sign and putting in half hearted performances...just saying, the press and Internet will be on poch's back soon. I hope he and levy are ready.

how many games would you say we've played a high-line pressing game?

[tweet]526862302847721472[/tweet]

I've exceeded my number of free reads, could only read the headline, but looks like they're trying to stir up something here.

How can we have a Spanish clique? Are Soldado and Ceballos really that domineering over the rest of the squad?

you think we've played a high line with pressing in every game so far :eek:

i must have been watching a different team this season as i only recall that being the case in 2, 3 games.

I must admit that I have not picked up on us playing the same high line tactic this season as we did under AVB. I would say that we are playing deeper this year.

you think we've played a high line with pressing in every game so far :eek:

i must have been watching a different team this season as i only recall that being the case in 2, 3 games.

No. I am saying we are trying it and failing . This was Pochs tactic at Soton. It was successful there. Why do you think he would have changed it?

I must admit that I have not picked up on us playing the same high line tactic this season as we did under AVB. I would say that we are playing deeper this year.

definitely, we also seem to be willing, of late, to soak up a bit pressure and try and catch our opponents on the break.

not that we're player on the counter, but it's clearly part of how we're playing

Back