• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I always thought Chadli was targeted as a backup for Bale. When Bale left it was all 'who is this guy? For that fee he must be ****'.

You seriously have to question anyone who thinks Chadli could be a back up for Bale.

Someone has to be held accountable. If the Manager isnt holding onto the reigns in terms of transfers and he isnt being successful then how can he be held accountable? Lets be honest if Poch isnt successful he will be giving the old heave-ho

There is something fundamentally wrong at the top when it comes to transfers and unfortunately that has meant we have a bunch of players who are a) overrated or b) not what the Manager needs in terms of implementing his tactics. As mentioned before, I dont think a DoF is redundant per se but the positions focus and role should be on ensuring we as a club are well equipped in footballing matters over things like structure of the academy, scouting network or even carry out negotiations of player transfers. I dont think a DoF should be having a say in buying players - that ought to be left to Poch in this case. My view though.

Someone will be held accountable - at the appropriate time. 9 games in to the season is not that time.

Lamela had 3 PL starts before this season, Capoue had 8, Chadli had 15. "New to the league" might have been a poor choice of words, but I definitely think they are still adjusting and settling into the league and that they will get better from the games they're now playing.

Players new to a league tend to do very well at the beginning and for their first seasons......looks like it ain't the case at Spurs

I dont think anyone did. The obviously replacement for Bale was Lamela, he was the one considered to have that 'x factor'....

I think the plan was the Willian would replace Bale (short-medium term), Lamela would replace him (medium-long term) and that Chadli would replace Demspey.

Chadli was judged as a replacement and written off by many, when that was never the intention behind the signing. Much like Zokora and Carrick.

Chadli was judged as a replacement and written off by many, when that was never the intention behind the signing. Much like Zokora and Carrick.

How exactly do you know that wasn't the intention?

you're so quick to tell others that they don't know what the DOF is doing and who he's signings were but you pass of your opinion as fact. How do you know what the intentions of the DOF was with the Chadli signing? did he tell you personally that Chadli was not meant to be the replacement?

Yes, under Redknapp - the guy that a hell of a lot never wanted, and were happy to see go. It's like the guy who's looking for this perfect girlfriend that doesn't exist...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Agree with so many of your points.

Hate to say it but our best two managers of recent years have been Redknapp and TS - in terms of results, style and having a go at doing things the 'Tottenham way.' Both made mistakes and were often awful in the press but the underlying fact was that many people never accepted them and jumped on any bad thing they did.

I don't want to put TS in the Redknapp bracket as he made mistakes and wasn't convincing. However the way constantly sniped at their intelligence, lack of football knowledge, characters was plain embarrasing.

My argument is that as spurs fans we rejoice over 'sexy' appointments and we feel often that international, flavour of the month managers are the right fit for our club and we are more willing to buy into it. It's exactly the same with the players..... Look at how many people have backed 40 odd million pounds worth of talent in Paulinho and Soldado, who both have to go down as two of the worst singings of our history. Yet you see comments such as 'but he's an international,' 'he is showing glimpses of class' when they have a 6/10 game. In comparison people jumped on Bentelab, Rose, Kane, Townsend at any chance they got. All of these players have done more for the cause than those two imposters.

Mason is new to the team and for 30mins he completely bossed the midfield yesterday - not perfect but had that been paulinho people would have been rejoicing.... I am now waiting for the insults to fly his way when an inevitable poor performance occurs ' what do you expect from an academy player... Why is poch playing him ahead of established internationals' etc etc.

As fans we need to take a long hard look at ourselves and realise that from top to bottom, we are all part of the problem. Constantly harking back to the glory days - we haven't been a top top team for 30 odd years and we won't be for a while yet. We need a big dose of realism and actually try and see that sexy and stylish often will
lead to nothing but desperate disappointment.

The foundations are there (youth set up, squad, manager (I think), plans for growth..... It is going to take time and a lot of hard work and upset to get anywhere from where we find ourselves

If we carry on sinking towards the relegation spots at the current rate, we'll have Pulis in by Christmas. I said back in the summer that's what would happen if Poch did another Ramos.

Interesting, if that is true then it's not very clever! I have no problem with the DOF system in the way I described it, but if players are being bought that the manager doesn't rate then it's just ridiculous and seems ludicrous that a clearly intelligient person in Levy would want this?

Except the 4 he wanted would have almost definitely included pauliniho and soldado, who he used constantly and from the off, they almost definitely didn't include Erickson , who was the best of the s club 7 last year.

LCLC, I don't often agree with a lot of your posts, but your last one here is very good in IMV.
Other than paulinho and vlad we have a very good squad, it's just missing something. A leader? Well bale by example so is that the answer, or a leader like Terry, Keane or bremner? Someone who's going to make you do it or else.
Everyone pins there hopes of a philosophy these days but that will take time. Will Poch get the time? Is he earning the right to that time? I hope so

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Pulis or Benitez. Would'nt suprise me.

Pulis or Warnock are the logical conclusion if the UKIPish reactionaries force Levy to abandon another project. Another cycle of flip-flopping and squads that are the polar opposite of the preference of the procession of new coaches.

Or we could remember the 9 months it took Rodgers to get things in place at Liverpool, or Poch at Southampton, and have some patience for once.

Pulis or Warnock are the logical conclusion if the UKIPish reactionaries force Levy to abandon another project. Another cycle of flip-flopping and squads that are the polar opposite of the preference of the procession of new coaches.

Or we could remember the 9 months it took Rodgers to get things in place at Liverpool, or Poch at Southampton, and have some patience for once.

Rodgers had suarez though and pouch done ok/ quite well at Southampton nothing more.

Not in anyway saying that we should get rid of pouch now though... That would be insane.

But the question remains do good managers/ good fits need time... Exclude Saf and someone please give me examples... Bacuse I can't think of any. Also why are managers to be given time, but players not?

Exactly, we need to be patient. Poch may make decisions that you don't agree with but he has his philosophy, sees performances everyday in training, will speak to coaches about player attitude, will have access to things like practice games, finishing drills and will be in close contact with sports scientists giving him advice.... End of the day we have to trust him and back him.

Good point about Rodgers and I do feel we can do something similar apart from the fact we need more 'gardening work' in terms of shipping players out and let's not forget that Rodgers was given a budget that poch simply will not get. This makes getting the right players in very hard. Also Liverpool already had top draw players in Gerrard and Suarez and I don't see us having anyone who can be the catalyst for a real upturn in results.

Poch is in a difficult place and I feel that judging by our summer activity, has been sold down the river already

Agree with so many of your points.

Hate to say it but our best two managers of recent years have been Redknapp and TS - in terms of results, style and having a go at doing things the 'Tottenham way.' Both made mistakes and were often awful in the press but the underlying fact was that many people never accepted them and jumped on any bad thing they did.

I don't want to put TS in the Redknapp bracket as he made mistakes and wasn't convincing. However the way constantly sniped at their intelligence, lack of football knowledge, characters was plain embarrasing.

My argument is that as spurs fans we rejoice over 'sexy' appointments and we feel often that international, flavour of the month managers are the right fit for our club and we are more willing to buy into it. It's exactly the same with the players..... Look at how many people have backed 40 odd million pounds worth of talent in Paulinho and Soldado, who both have to go down as two of the worst singings of our history. Yet you see comments such as 'but he's an international,' 'he is showing glimpses of class' when they have a 6/10 game. In comparison people jumped on Bentelab, Rose, Kane, Townsend at any chance they got. All of these players have done more for the cause than those two imposters.

Mason is new to the team and for 30mins he completely bossed the midfield yesterday - not perfect but had that been paulinho people would have been rejoicing.... I am now waiting for the insults to fly his way when an inevitable poor performance occurs ' what do you expect from an academy player... Why is poch playing him ahead of established internationals' etc etc.

As fans we need to take a long hard look at ourselves and realise that from top to bottom, we are all part of the problem. Constantly harking back to the glory days - we haven't been a top top team for 30 odd years and we won't be for a while yet. We need a big dose of realism and actually try and see that sexy and stylish often will
lead to nothing but desperate disappointment.

The foundations are there (youth set up, squad, manager (I think), plans for growth..... It is going to take time and a lot of hard work and upset to get anywhere from where we find ourselves

Yep. Our last decent team was 2010, but that team took 6 years to build. Unfortunately all the best players got cherry picked/grew old so we need to start again. And this will keep happening until we can pay the same wages as teams above us.

Yep. Our last decent team was 2010, but that team took 6 years to build. Unfortunately all the best players got cherry picked/grew old so we need to start again. And this will keep happening until we can pay the same wages as teams above us.

It will still happen after then too.

Every team in the world has to overhaul and rebuild every 5 years or so. Our problem is not that we're having to do it, it's that we keep starting, get cold feet, and limp on without the structural reforms that will bring longer term success.

Summer 2011 was the time we needed to start planning our next team, but Redknapp reverted to type and starting signed Parker, Friedel, Saha and Nelson, instead of more players like Sandro and Walker

I'm more confident now than I have been for a while that we are on a path to better things, but I do worry that the reactionaries will boo Pulis or Warnock into the club.

It will still happen after then too.

Every team in the world has to overhaul and rebuild every 5 years or so. Our problem is not that we're having to do it, it's that we keep starting, get cold feet, and limp on without the structural reforms that will bring longer term success.

Summer 2011 was the time we needed to start planning our next team, but Redknapp reverted to type and starting signed Parker, Friedel, Saha and Nelson, instead of more players like Sandro and Walker

I'm more confident now than I have been for a while that we are on a path to better things,
but I do worry that the reactionaries will boo Pulis or Warnock into the club.

Why? What do you see that makes you think this?

Back