• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

@DeanoAustin if there is a source it is united asking him to write something like this to unsettle Poch. There is no way Poch's people would have given this indication. No way Spurs would have either. United only just sacked Mourinho, how could they have this info? Its made up trash, and needs calling out. Watch Poch's news confrence, if you want real information.

If poch is interested he doesn't have to 'put out feelers' in the press, he has SAF ear ffs.
And if he has been in touch with utd dows anyone really think utd would want the press leaking it? Especially if they are looking for a caretaker, it is after all supposedly the best job in football, so which manager is going to take it knowing he's out in the summer regardless?
Not saying poch won't go in the summer, although I don't, but if he is no journo is going to know it, and definitely not from him. He had way to much dignity for that.

If poch is interested he doesn't have to 'put out feelers' in the press, he has SAF ear ffs.
And if he has been in touch with utd dows anyone really think utd would want the press leaking it? Especially if they are looking for a caretaker, it is after all supposedly the best job in football, so which manager is going to take it knowing he's out in the summer regardless?
Not saying poch won't go in the summer, although I don't, but if he is no journo is going to know it, and definitely not from him. He had way to much dignity for that.

If it was Poch or someone close to him it may not be to leave Spurs, he might be trying to send a message to Levy. I believe The Times have some information others don’t but that doesn’t mean that Poch even wants the job.

When he came out and gave the “be brave” speech and the “with me or another” quotes, there were people on here saying he was sending a message to Levy through the press. He’s not above doing it, nor should he be.

@DeanoAustin if there is a source it is united asking him to write something like this to unsettle Poch. There is no way Poch's people would have given this indication. No way Spurs would have either. United only just sacked Mourinho, how could they have this info? Its made up trash, and needs calling out. Watch Poch's news confrence, if you want real information.

Fair point. That’s not beyond the realms of possibility either to be fair. They have their cheerleaders out already. I’m just waiting for Old Whiskey Nose to throw in his two cents.

If it was Poch or someone close to him it may not be to leave Spurs, he might be trying to send a message to Levy. I believe The Times have some information others don’t but that doesn’t mean that Poch even wants the job.

When he came out and gave the “be brave” speech and the “with me or another” quotes, there were people on here saying he was sending a message to Levy through the press. He’s not above doing it, nor should he be.

I don't believe the sending a message thing, poch doesn't seem like a guy who isn't prepared to tell you something to your face, nor do I think he is dumb enough to think that levy would put up with that for long.
By all accounts poch and DL have a great relationship, so why would he use the press to hat a message across, makes no sense to me.

I don't believe the sending a message thing, poch doesn't seem like a guy who isn't prepared to tell you something to your face, nor do I think he is dumb enough to think that levy would put up with that for long.
By all accounts poch and DL have a great relationship, so why would he use the press to hat a message across, makes no sense to me.

What do you think his ramblings at the end of last season were about?

Can't see him at Man U, a bit like when Dembele said 'Spurs is my English club', I think Poch feels the same and has too much dignity to go to Man U. Madrid is another matter entirely, but also a softer blow.

What do you think his ramblings at the end of last season were about?
About being brave? Fudge knows, but I would put good money on it having nothing to do with a message to DL.
Can you really see DL putting up with that?
Does poch really strike you as someone that doesn't have the integrity to speak to his boss about a problem and not go running to the press?
Since he's been here poch has jettisoned pretty quickly any new signings that haven't been up to his standards, so is it really beyond the the realms of possibility that this summer he has said we need to be brave and not spend on projects, even if it means our fitst pucks or nothing?

Watch Poch's press confrence in the OMT. He would not conduct himself in such a way. He talks about Furguson winning the title after 6 years at united, and says there is plentry of time for me at Spurs, by way of comparison.

Also think he might do better at Madrid than United. Pep and Klopp at their clubs makes winning the league exceptionally hard for the next three or four years.

About being brave? Fudge knows, but I would put good money on it having nothing to do with a message to DL.
Can you really see DL putting up with that?
Does poch really strike you as someone that doesn't have the integrity to speak to his boss about a problem and not go running to the press?
Since he's been here poch has jettisoned pretty quickly any new signings that haven't been up to his standards, so is it really beyond the the realms of possibility that this summer he has said we need to be brave and not spend on projects, even if it means our fitst pucks or nothing?

I think it was VERY CLEAR what Poch meant by being brave; he even qualified it by saying we needed to act differently in the transfer market by not waiting until the last minute to buy players so that we could get them integrated into the team/squad quicker and start the season in quicker mode. He made another point about how this last summer was going to be even more crucial given the world cup and that we needed to be more prepared to do these things earlier etc.

If that wasn't a message to Levy pleading him to change the way we traditionally did our transfer business, then what was it exactly?

Daily Star are running the same story Deano, just FYI

I think it was VERY CLEAR what Poch meant by being brave; he even qualified it by saying we needed to act differently in the transfer market by not waiting until the last minute to buy players so that we could get them integrated into the team/squad quicker and start the season in quicker mode. He made another point about how this last summer was going to be even more crucial given the world cup and that we needed to be more prepared to do these things earlier etc.

If that wasn't a message to Levy pleading him to change the way we traditionally did our transfer business, then what was it exactly?
But we all know that when Poch says something he doesn’t actually mean what he says, it’s the complete opposite, or is that rule only if what he says puts the club in a positive light?

I don't know what it was, I would respectively suggest neither do you.
It's only our interpretations, but that's what we are here to discuss, would be a dull forum otherwise :)

But we all know that when Poch says something he doesn’t actually mean what he says, it’s the complete opposite, or is that rule only if what he says puts the club in a positive light?

This isn't really about positive or negative in it's own right; what do YOU think Poch was saying at that time?

I don't know what it was, I would respectively suggest neither do you.
It's only our interpretations, but that's what we are here to discuss, would be a dull forum otherwise :)

Unless we cannot understand simple English anymore, i think it was very clear.
I could bring up the actual quotes, articles and videos, but of course it would be put as "Poch was misquoted" or "English isn't his first language so it was lost in mistranslation" etc etc so i'll not bother

This isn't really about positive or negative in it's own right; what do YOU think Poch was saying at that time?
I think it was a throw away line by someone whose English is far from perfect at an emotional time after we’d just lost a semi final and it’s embarrassing that it’s still being discussed, but that’s just my view.

Back