• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

United don't just need a good manager. They need one that will instantly restore dignity, respect and ambition, someone who has title-winning credentials to muffle the mouthiest of Mancunian critics.

The only man presently packing the complete tool kit to do this job is Zinedine Zidane.

Pochettino's time may well come with bigger clubs. Or he may well create that 'big club' job for himself with Spurs. But moving to Old Trafford in the midst of all this turmoil would be a perilous move for him. There isn't a solid base for him to build on. Zidane, on the other hand, is completely at east dealing with shifting circumstances within the foundation of a top club, both as a player and as a manager.

Zidane has all the credentials to put every player on United on notice that if they aren't up to performing to the required level, they will be gone. He's done it all with Real and if he is at United, he possesses the clout to bring everyone in line and ready to play his brand of football.

At United, Pochettino would be regarded by the veteran core of miscreants as a developmental coach, one for the future. They'd fcuk him around no end while they did what they wanted. That's not what he wants and we can only hope he knows this.

Do you think that he'll do the same as he did in the summer and use the interest from another club to get Levy to splash cash on players?

No, i think he'll sit, wait, take stock and judge his/our situation afterwards, depending on how brave he truly thinks we are

No one in particular mate, just a lot of panic mode going on. :)

Ah fudge it, I was just starting to enjoy our season and look forward to Christmas. This sort of stress and worry has me back in my comfort zone.

The sky is falling in, the sky is falling in...

Someone close to him. He doesn’t have an agent but he has a number of people who are close. Maybe even Poch himself. Who knows. But I’d be surprised if The Times just made it up.

Be interested to see if Ballague throws his opinion out there.
So how do you know it’s from his camp?

Someone close to him. He doesn’t have an agent but he has a number of people who are close. Maybe even Poch himself. Who knows. But I’d be surprised if The Times just made it up.

I’d never be suprised if a paper made something up ... 10% of the truth becomes the whole truth as it has a small amount of substance
We have a press that bugged the phones of dead people to hear their messages

I’m with you, only thing I’m curious of is why doesn’t he just deny it? If he really isn’t going, what’s the harm in saying he isn’t?

Is it because he feels it’s good to keep a high value, and he feels a responsibility to get the best contracts possible for Perez, Miki and Jiminez? As well as his own family of course.

I don’t really buy the idea that he ‘doesn’t want to lie’ because if he doesn’t want to go, he doesn’t have to. No one blames him if he goes to United after Levy sacks him.

He must know that speculation is going to be constant. Why not kill it? Genuinely curious as to the answer, not criticising him.

A) Even if Poch 'Killed the speculation' with a statement, it wont end and they'll twist word etc to sell as many papers and cliks until a new Manager HAS been appointed - see the Madrid speculation

B) It's definitely in his interest to keep Levy on his toes and REALLY find out if he's interested in reaching for the top of the football tree, i.e. being brave re pushing the club onwards on the field

B) It's definitely in his interest to keep Levy on his toes and REALLY find out if he's interested in reaching for the top of the football tree, i.e. being brave re pushing the club onwards on the field

I think that he'll know where Levy is and he wouldn't have rejected Madrid and signed a new contract in the summer if he was unhappy with that.

If Poch goes, I want us to try for Simeone.

I know, I know -- boring, defensive. But wins! And we'd never lose to Arsenal again.

Phuck Eddie Howe or some muppet like that.

Hopefully Poch stays, but if Utd make him a serious offer, I think he would take it.
We've done boring, thank you very much (cough AVB).

Well it’s an opinion but papers (the gutter press aside) don’t usually go that definitively without a very credible source.

Mauricio Pochettino wants United job but would cost £34m

Mauricio Pochettino wants to be considered for the Manchester United manager’s job next season despite having four-and-a-half years left on his contract at Tottenham Hotspur.

The Argentinian is understood to regard the opportunity of moving to Old Trafford as too good to turn down, although it would cost United £34 million in compensation to prise him from Tottenham, which would take the club’s total bill for sacking José Mourinho earlier today past £50 million.

Pochettino refused to rule out the possibility of moving to United when asked about his intentions in a press conference today and is believed to have given the prospect serious thought already.

Despite his attachment to Tottenham and good working relationship with chairman Daniel Levy the 46-year-old is understood to have deep frustrations about the way the club his run, particularly regarding the lack of backing he has received in the transfer market, a tightly-controlled wage structure, the failure to offload players he no longer wanted last summer and delays to the opening of their new stadium.

Pochettino will have to continue operating within such financial restrictions at Tottenham for several years even after the stadium is open, which would not apply to him at Old Trafford.

While United may not appear to be the right fit for a manager who values a strong work ethic and team unity above a superstar culture, Pochettino has doubts about whether he can achieve all his ambitions at Tottenham, who have not won a trophy for ten years. Despite being criticised by some observers for prioritising Champions League qualification ahead of silverware, Pochettino is very ambitious and is not content with finishing in the top four every year.
Pochettino is also coveted by Real Madrid, who are also planning to make a permanent managerial appointment at the end of the season, but views the United job as a greater opportunity as it is becomes available less frequently.

Ballague wants him at Madrid
Gives him some clout to then go get a load of self promoting work and the man who wrote the autobiography of poch at spurs and is part of him inner circle *as usual complete b******

I think that he'll know where Levy is and he wouldn't have rejected Madrid and signed a new contract in the summer if he was unhappy with that.

You and i both know things change very quickly in football; he could easily have signed a contract when he did with our situation then being totally different to what it was at the end of the window and what it is now. Jose got a new contract only a few months ago, for example...

They do it every day.

I may be proven wrong but not that I recall. The Times seem very sure of themselves in a way other media outlets aren’t.

That said, I’d have put the mortgage, wife and kids on Toby being a United player by now so nothing is certain.

If anyone is on Twitter, please call out this cun1 @MattHughesTimes

"it is thought that" Poch would find the job too good to turn down = the jorno thinks that. There are no sources. Spurs are obviously not the source, and United would not be able to say that with any certainty right now. Ergo Matt Twunt Hughes made it up.

Then the jorno says Poch "didn't rule out" going to united in his press confrence. Watch the confrence, I posted it in the OMT. Poch says 'my focus is solely on Spurs' words to that effect. Lost respect for the Times in putting together a tabloid piece like this. Please call out @MattHughesTimes

Back