• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I think it was a throw away line by someone whose English is far from perfect at an emotional time after we’d just lost a semi final and it’s embarrassing that it’s still being discussed, but that’s just my view.

I think you are mixing up the "me or another coach" with the transfer dealings quotes, which came several weeks afterwards. Maybe your memory is the embarrassment?;)

Unless we cannot understand simple English anymore, i think it was very clear.
I could bring up the actual quotes, articles and videos, but of course it would be put as "Poch was misquoted" or "English isn't his first language so it was lost in mistranslation" etc etc so i'll not bother
That doesn't mean it was a message or threat to DL though. I bet every manager says the same thing. Things conspired against us, maybe.

I think you are mixing up the "me or another coach" with the transfer dealings quotes, which came several weeks afterwards. Maybe your memory is the embarrassment?;)
Yea I was talking about the “if not me then with another coach” line that was repeated adinfinim on here for months after.

Whatever he meant by the being brave line he seems happy enough that we were, or that there were valid reasons we weren’t, as he has been directly quoted as saying hé is happy with the transfer activity repeatedly for months now. Oh and signing a 5 year deal since the brave quotes as well.

Like I say, it’s a bit embarrassing that a throw away comment gets regurgitated even after he’s put it to bed many times since with actions and words.

That doesn't mean it was a message or threat to DL though. I bet every manager says the same thing. Things conspired against us, maybe.

Threat? No, but just a "come on let's do this" message. Not every manager says things to the media the way Poch did. In fact, that was the first time Poch said ANYTHING so public like that about how we do our transfers so again i don't think it can simply be passed off as a 'throwaway comment' as suich. The intention for the comment was very clear.

It's possible things conspired against us and i for one hope that is the case AND that Poch feels the same..

There's no point taking it out on him, he's just doing his job. He was probably given half an hour to cobble something together and it will be one of half a dozen United stories they run tomorrow.

Yeah all “journalism” these days is just flimflam.

The best plan is to ignore them. Don’t buy papers and don’t click on their articles (and don’t call into talk sport ha)

Haven’t bought a paper in forever due to this

Yea I was talking about the “if not me then with another coach” line that was repeated adinfinim on here for months after.

Whatever he meant by the being brave line he seems happy enough that we were, or that there were valid reasons we weren’t, as he has been directly quoted as saying hé is happy with the transfer activity repeatedly for months now. Oh and signing a 5 year deal since the brave quotes as well.

Like I say, it’s a bit embarrassing that a throw away comment gets regurgitated even after he’s put it to bed many times since with actions and words.

Not as simple as that; Poch has also criticised our lack of transfer dealings SINCE he signed - before Inter away - and even recently before the Barca match - about how we didn't have a place for certain players in the final CL squad. You can choose one way or another as to how you view them.
The idea his comments about our transfer dealing and how we should operate in the transfer marker - given before AND after he has signed a deal and since we have had ZERO transfer dealing - should just be totally ignored is naive at best.

Taking stock of what he said is simply trying to take an objective and critical overview of the situation we find ourselves in and is not in itself negative

Yeah all “journalism” these days is just flimflam.

The best plan is to ignore them. Don’t buy papers and don’t click on their articles (and don’t call into talk sport ha)

Haven’t bought a paper in forever due to this

Yeah, you just pick up the Metro on the way to work you tight git:p

I agree with your overall point btw

The thing is, as much as we want to see Poch backed this transfer window, no one is going to sell their top talent mid-season. Take N'Dombele for instance; even if we could afford him, Lyon would not let him go when they have the UCL last 16 to play him in.

Well poch did leave soon for us so I think anything is possible. However we are above man u in the table and off the pitch too, so it will not be a simple decision for poch should he be open to it. I think the idea of winning something in the era of new white hart lane will be something important to poch ....who I read to be an old fashioned guy who values history, sentimentality and meaning in life.

Sent from my SM-T835 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

What I do know is that if Pochettino leaves Spurs for United is that I will feel betrayed. I suspect that feeling will be the same for every member of the Spurs family - chairman, players, fans etc

I’m with you, only thing I’m curious of is why doesn’t he just deny it? If he really isn’t going, what’s the harm in saying he isn’t?

Is it because he feels it’s good to keep a high value, and he feels a responsibility to get the best contracts possible for Perez, Miki and Jiminez? As well as his own family of course.

I don’t really buy the idea that he ‘doesn’t want to lie’ because if he doesn’t want to go, he doesn’t have to. No one blames him if he goes to United after Levy sacks him.

He must know that speculation is going to be constant. Why not kill it? Genuinely curious as to the answer, not criticising him.

He has denied all of these things before. His line is always "unless the chairman thinks differently"...why even dignify it any further? The only way he walks is if Levy fudges him. And the only way Levy will fudge him is if he goes back on. agreements made last summer...it has little to do with "whether he gives him money in January", in fact, consider that it might have as much to do with Poch making sure Levy doesn't "drop a big money signing present" in his lap that he doesn't want. Remember, he is effectively the DoF alongside Poch and a couple others.

He doesn’t have an agent as I mentioned already. However, that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have people close to him that could put out messages to pursue an agenda which may, or may not, be to leave us for United.

Oh come ON Deano, look, play the game if you want but at least know the players!!!! Poch is NOT that sort of bloke, given his track record anyway. Why would he need to "leak an ag
If it was Poch or someone close to him it may not be to leave Spurs, he might be trying to send a message to Levy. I believe The Times have some information others don’t but that doesn’t mean that Poch even wants the job.

When he came out and gave the “be brave” speech and the “with me or another” quotes, there were people on here saying he was sending a message to Levy through the press. He’s not above doing it, nor should he be.

The single biggest issue is that no-one has interpreted that statement properly!!!!! It did NOT mean "give me a squillion quid or I am off" it simply meant that the time has come to NOT buy "filler" and ONLY buy the best...and iff we cannot, then don't fudging buy ANYONE just to fill numbers that don't need it.

Funny how NO-ONE jumped on his anger at the CL squad situation, something caused directly by having too many "filler" players...

Grealish might be the finest example of all. Even I wanted him here as I thought he'd be a fine fit. Yet here we are, 3rd, best points total ever, in the last 16 of the CL, Q?F of a cup and not even with our first 11 fully fit for more than a couple of games this season. Skipp and Winks doing the business. I'd say Poch was sadder about losing Amos to injury than not signing Grealish.

The press are tossers. They tell us we're not good enough, but suddenly now our manager is the "only one" for the Utd job? What gonad*s it all is.

Look at the stadium.
Look at the players.
Look at the relationships.
But most importantly, look at (and listen to) the man.

He isn't going now or in the summer UNLESS Levy fudges him. And I do not see that happening.

My take on this after sleeping on it is this.

Not anywhere has poch said he wants to leave, he said he cannot answer this question. I think this is the best answer he can give as he can't come out and say he doesn't want the job, which doesn't mean he wants the job but he might just want to give Levy a push for money to give some signings or even a payrise who knows.

Also, not anywhere is there any quote from Poch saying he does want the job and all these headlines from the Times and Telegraph saying "poch wants United job" have no quotes from anyone or even mention sources close to the club so it's all flimflam to get us to click on them (which I did).

It could also be a conspiracy to mess up our best ever run in the Premier league as maybe people do now see us as a bit of a threat and they want to destabilise us. GHod forbid anyone breaking the sky red and blue top 4, even though we have done this consistently for the last whatever years.

I also wouldn't put it past United calling all of these ex players Fletcher, Nevolle x2 even non united players, those that have a voice in the media to put out a statement saying that Poch should be the next manager and is the one for the job.

Levy is not stupid, he sold to united before when we needed the money and united were miles ahead of us, however this time round we are miles ahead of them and we don't need to sell our players and certainly don't need to sell our most important person in the squad (yep I said it, poch is and I admit that).

This would be worse than Berbatov to united but I can't see it this morning.

Let's get the fudging stadium open even with a leak in the roof and show Poch that he's our man.

I'm 35 but thinking of making a banner saying something like "Poch is the man, united can fcuk right off their time in the sun has gone, and those that think otherwise can fcuk right off too. GGG has changed and you ain't getting his man as we have a new stadium and are gonna win the league" .

Although I don't think I could fit that on a banner.

Last edited:
Oh come ON Deano, look, play the game if you want but at least know the players!!!! Poch is NOT that sort of bloke, given his track record anyway. Why would he need to "leak an ag

The single biggest issue is that no-one has interpreted that statement properly!!!!! It did NOT mean "give me a squillion quid or I am off" it simply meant that the time has come to NOT buy "filler" and ONLY buy the best...and iff we cannot, then don't fudging buy ANYONE just to fill numbers that don't need it.

Funny how NO-ONE jumped on his anger at the CL squad situation, something caused directly by having too many "filler" players...

Grealish might be the finest example of all. Even I wanted him here as I thought he'd be a fine fit. Yet here we are, 3rd, best points total ever, in the last 16 of the CL, Q?F of a cup and not even with our first 11 fully fit for more than a couple of games this season. Skipp and Winks doing the business. I'd say Poch was sadder about losing Amos to injury than not signing Grealish.

The press are tossers. They tell us we're not good enough, but suddenly now our manager is the "only one" for the Utd job? What gonads it all is.

Look at the stadium.
Look at the players.
Look at the relationships.
But most importantly, look at (and listen to) the man.

He isn't going now or in the summer UNLESS Levy fudges him. And I do not see that happening.
i

I don’t entirely agree with what you’re saying Steff but I love your positivity. What a great post to wake up to...

Back