• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Levy will not change course. I don’t think he will buy a Pochettino stay, not sure we can even afford that anyway.
Pochettino will stay if he wants.

I don’t think he quite realised the maelstrom a club like United can be. No matter what they say he will have little time to get them winning.

Nor me mate.

I was convinced when he got the SCBC job that he’d be gone within 6 months never to be seen again. I was underwhelmed when he got the Spurs job and thought he’d be another AVB or Ramos.

I was utterly and completely wrong. The man gave me my love for the club back after AVB and Tactics Tim. Everything about him has been top, top class and I’m more than a bit afraid that my best time supporting this club is coming to an end and it may not be this good again for a long time.

I was convinced when he got the SCBC job that he’d be gone within 6 months never to be seen again. I was underwhelmed when he got the Spurs job and thought he’d be another AVB or Ramos.

I was utterly and completely wrong. The man gave me my love for the club back after AVB and Tactics Tim. Everything about him has been top, top class and I’m more than a bit afraid that my best time supporting this club is coming to an end and it may not be this good again for a long time.

It might get even better. No one knows.
Its what make this game so involving and interesting.

It might get even better. No one knows.
Its what make this game so involving and interesting.

Agreed. I’m not convinced he’s gone. I just think it’s a possibility and can see the attraction of the United job. I hope our fans show him how much he means to us over the next few games.

Whose to say we won’t be the best club in the world though?

Right now I think Dortmund are the best club in Europe football wise... they also tick every box off the pitch

And why isn’t Simeone being linked as he has done similar things at Atletico to Poch here but won things

Simeone has been linked. He probably isn't as odds on as Poch for a few reasons, including his (I think) lack of English, him being Mr Atletico, his recent successes with Atletico and, perhaps most importantly, the fact that he is basically like a much less combative version of Mourinho. I think the board will want someone completely different, in terms of approach to the players, media, club etc.

Remember there are some big egos at United and they may want a big name more beholding of thier inflated self.
Pochettino has won nothing bla bla bla.
United will be no walk in park for ANY new manager.

Sigh. He is going nowhere. Anyone who thinks he is STILL does not understand the man.
It doesn’t take much to figure him out, he is very open. The problem is that most people (including pundits) say what THEY want and what THEY would do if given the chance.

I believe Zidane, Conte and Ancelotti will all be in the frame.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Toby, Trippier, Dier, Sanchez, Moura, Davies, Sissoko, Son, Foyth and Alli all came in since Poch has been manager.

He’s improved Harry, Eriksen, Winks, Dembele, Jan, Lamela and Rose.

Well indeed. It is easy to forget that in this period, Man Utd finished 2nd and have won a league cup and Europa league. You don't do that if you have poor players. Poch came into a club which hadn't finished in the top 2 for 5 decades and hadn't won a trophy in a while (in fairness, still haven't).

Listen, Mourinho is clearly one of the best managers in the world. Or at least was. There are still elements of that there. However, he is a toxic motherfudger who has spent the last 2 years taking constant shots at the players, the fans, the board and even the club itself. Imagine the manager of Man Utd talking about how we went out of the CL to fudging Seville because the club don't have enough European heritage. What an arrogant tool. So players aren't thriving there.

Poch improves players. He makes players playing poorly play better. Not everyone of course. But the majority of those willing to at least buy into his methods do.

DDG has been pretty much the best keeper in the world, if not at least top 3, for a good 4-5 seasons now but has not had managers improving him for 5. Dalot is highly rated. Bailly also was and has a lot of great attributes. Shaw was one of the ost highly rated lbs at Southampton and Poch had him playing really well. Pogba should be the absolute heartbeat of that team and can be (and has been) an incredible player. Fellaini is not unlike some of the physical specimens we have in the centre of the park ourselves. Martial was rightly one of the highest rated teens just a few years ago and has so much talent. Rashford likewise. Lukaku has faults but can play a lot better than he is right now. And Sanchez was, until his move to Man Utd, one of the best players in the league.

There is a core there of very good players, many of whom have been attacked constantly in the media by Mourinho.

Poch started with this:

Hugo Lloris,
Danny Rose, Younès Kaboul, Eric Dier, Kyle Naughton, Aaron Lennon, Christian Erikse, Étienne Capoue, Nabil Bentaleb, Emmanuel Adebayor, Érik Lamela
Subst

Lewis Holtby, Andros Townsend, Harry Kane, Brad Friedel, Michael Dawson, Ben Davies, Soldado

Apologies for the bold, not sure how to take it off.

Sigh. He is going nowhere. Anyone who thinks he is STILL does not understand the man.
It doesn’t take much to figure him out, he is very open. The problem is that most people (including pundits) say what THEY want and what THEY would do if given the chance.

Definitely going nowhere now so I think people need to chill on that. Also think he's staying in the summer but slightly less sure about that.

Either way, I'm not going to bother myself and will enjoy him either way!

Definitely going nowhere now so I think people need to chill on that. Also think he's staying in the summer but slightly less sure about that.

Either way, I'm not going to bother myself and will enjoy him either way!

A couple of sensible posts mate.

But if this is going to happen, I think it’ll snowball and won’t go to the end of the season whatever people’s intentions right now. If Poch gets his head turned, he’ll be quizzed at every press conference for 6 months. Our season could be derailed. Levy won’t allow that to happen. It wouldn’t be a workable situation.

If he’s going to go, and it’s not a certainty in my mind, I see him going from us early in the new year. Imagine he’s the United manager in waiting and it ends up being a fight between them and us for fourth place and Poch is still managing us.

If he goes, I’m also optimistic that Levy inserts a big “hands off our players for 3 years” clause.

There aren’t many coaches as good or better than him. And of those that are who could we attract? Hardly any if any at all. Meaning it will most likely be at least a slight downgrade and will probably be another punt, many of which previously haven’t worked before we got to Poch....

A slight downgrade heavily underplays it mate. It is not impossible that we get a coach in his class but with our track record I would say the chances are slim. We've been here before, losing him is a blow that could tske years to recover from. We lose his philosophy of blooding the youth, we lose his ability to work seamlessly with Levy, we lose his ability to bring the best out of under performing players. We lose his hunger, his drive his connection with the fans. He is our best manager since Keith Burkinshaw, who left in the mid 80s! He is the only manager of the last 30 years who gives me confidence that we will win a big trophy.

Levy is a brilliant chairman and will do his best for the club. This is the biggest test of his tenure keeping Poch is so important to the ongoing success of this project.

Last edited:

I’m with you, only thing I’m curious of is why doesn’t he just deny it? If he really isn’t going, what’s the harm in saying he isn’t?

Is it because he feels it’s good to keep a high value, and he feels a responsibility to get the best contracts possible for Perez, Miki and Jiminez? As well as his own family of course.

I don’t really buy the idea that he ‘doesn’t want to lie’ because if he doesn’t want to go, he doesn’t have to. No one blames him if he goes to United after Levy sacks him.

He must know that speculation is going to be constant. Why not kill it? Genuinely curious as to the answer, not criticising him.

I’m with you, only thing I’m curious of is why doesn’t he just deny it? If he really isn’t going, what’s the harm in saying he isn’t?

Is it because he feels it’s good to keep a high value, and he feels a responsibility to get the best contracts possible for Perez, Miki and Jiminez? As well as his own family of course.

I don’t really buy the idea that he ‘doesn’t want to lie’ because if he doesn’t want to go, he doesn’t have to. No one blames him if he goes to United after Levy sacks him.

He must know that speculation is going to be constant. Why not kill it? Genuinely curious as to the answer, not criticising him.

The Times are reporting he wants the job. That’s come from his camp. So he either will go or he’s trying to use the situation to get what he wants (squad investment I’d bet).

If he is going, it’s a bad situation. Levy won’t want to go into the new stadium with a lame duck manager or with Poch having to be put on gardening leave or something. I can’t see Poch lying to the media just to avoid that sort of situation because he values his integrity. This will be an interesting few weeks.

Posts like this are why I love you Steff.

People who believe this flimflam need to get their head examined, and looking at this that's (unsurprisingly) a decent proportion of the forum.4

Now that's all I'll say on this silliness.

The Times are reporting he wants the job. That’s come from his camp. So he either will go or he’s trying to use the situation to get what he wants (squad investment I’d bet).

If he is going, it’s a bad situation. Levy won’t want to go into the new stadium with a lame duck manager or with Poch having to be put on gardening leave or something. I can’t see Poch lying to the media just to avoid that sort of situation because he values his integrity. This will be an interesting few weeks.

What camp is this you refer of?

Back