• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Wow, reading through some of these pages is just Wow.

Do people really think his job could be on the line or is it a case you want it to be?

What happened to backing the manager and let him have time to get his ideas across?

It's not the Manager or Chairman we should be pointing the finger at it is the bunch of overpaid ****s who don't give a **** about this club that need to go.

Kaboul
Verts
Chiriches
Paulinho
Chadli
Lamela
Adebayor
Eriksen

Can all do one for all I care.

Would much rather see

Lloris

Naughton Dier youngster Rose

Bentaleb Mason

Lennon Dembele Townsend

Kane​

Atleast there would be fight and genuine disappointment when we lose / losing.

Modric and Bale may not have been Tottenham but they appreciated the fact we gave them the chance and had passion for the club. The tarts we have now think they are better than they are. We need to buy more unknowns rather than these "next big things".

And they get slated week in, week out by their own fans for poor tactics, no goal threat and sloppy defending.

ANd have finished in the top four for the past 17 years and get to play against the likes of Dortmund and Bayern while we get Dynamo Cheekygirls and some team from the North Pole.

I wonder whether it occurred to Poch that Saudi Sportswashing Machine would get a right *******ing at half time and come out of the traps quickly - as they did. Because from the way things panned out - 6 ****ing seconds - it didn't appear that way. Jokers.

Whatever the 'structure' at this club, Poch knew it coming in. If he didn't, he got bad advice. He wasn't handcuffed and hog tied (as far as I know). When we came knocking, he made a choice, and nobody forced him to quit Soton. What was it about THFC that he found so enticing? Maybe he couldn't believe his luck and came for the fame and fortune? And/or maybe he came cos he liked the look of this young(ish) 100mil Top6 squad and felt they would do well in his 'system'? Surely he didn't feel like he'd have to have a total clean out. Regardless of any improvements or additions needed, players or structure, we should be doing better, and looking better, than we are now. There is no getting around that...and Poch would prolly tell you the same. And no, I'm not saying sack him right now.

Last edited:
Yeah, and what difference has that made in Wenger's case? Zilch! The fans still think the negative things they do. In fact, they get more irate with the defence Wenger gets from above. Results (and a long-term strategy that makes sense and is clear) will do the job.

What difference really would Levy giving a 'vote of confidence' do after today? We have lost one more game than we have won; not good but not the end of the world yet.

Not the fans...but the journos, commentators ... General public opinion...which in turn sways the fans.

Wow, reading through some of these pages is just Wow.

Do people really think his job could be on the line or is it a case you want it to be?

What happened to backing the manager and let him have time to get his ideas across?

It's not the Manager or Chairman we should be pointing the finger at it is the bunch of overpaid ****s who don't give a **** about this club that need to go.

Kaboul
Verts
Chiriches
Paulinho
Chadli
Lamela
Adebayor
Eriksen

Can all do one for all I care.

Would much rather see

Lloris

Naughton Dier youngster Rose

Bentaleb Mason

Lennon Dembele Townsend

Kane​

Atleast there would be fight and genuine disappointment when we lose / losing.

Modric and Bale may not have been Tottenham but they appreciated the fact we gave them the chance and had passion for the club. The tarts we have now think they are better than they are. We need to buy more unknowns rather than these "next big things".

Backing the manager is a fantasy as far as Spurs fans go - 9 games in and people are already pulling their hair out looking for someone to blame, no point waiting to see what Pochettino can make of the squad - everyones decided this is as good as it gets with him, the players are **** the DoF is **** the manager can't do any better and the chairman is useless - we've had the full repitoire over the last 12 hours or so

Worst start to a season since Ramos.

"And that was it. 67 per cent of possession and yet only one effort other than Adebayor's early goal on target. Tottenham ended the day already eight points behind where they were at this stage last season.

For the record, Christian Gross and Doug Livermore are the only two managers to have got their Tottenham careers underway with fewer than 11 points from their opening nine games in a three-points-for-a-win era.

Both of them lasted less than a year in charge; neither of them have ever managed in England again.

Spurs have won just one of their last seven Premier League games with a trip to Aston Villa on Saturday next to come.

Pochettino may shrug his shoulders and claim otherwise, but his reputation is now very much on the line."

It's still only 9 bloody games!

For the record Saudi Sportswashing Machine also only had 2 shots on target. Swings and roundabouts to a very large extent.

The comparison with last season is a funny one, considering that with 8 points more than we currently had at this stage AVB was still gone by Christmas. Should tell you something about how relevant a total point score at this stage of the season really is. Even more so when it's the first 9 league games ever under Poch.

Two of the names most frequently brought up in the summer when people were claiming that we had missed out on the managerial targets we should have gotten were Rodgers and Martinez. 9 games into his first season at Liverpool Rogers had racked up 10 points. http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2012-2013/custom-table). Martinez, after a summer of not selling any big players and seemingly getting most of their transfer targets are currently on 12 points.

Only 9 bloody games...

(Not only aimed at Yermiyahu)

I agree. Consider that AVB had 19 points from the first 9 games of last season.

We were just as shocking though, relying on dodgy penalties and other teams not going for our throats as they still thought we were Spurs from yesteryear.

It was just as bad, if not worse than what we're seeing now. And it was obviously getting worse too.

It's still only 9 bloody games!

For the record Saudi Sportswashing Machine also only had 2 shots on target. Swings and roundabouts to a very large extent.

The comparison with last season is a funny one, considering that with 8 points more than we currently had at this stage AVB was still gone by Christmas. Should tell you something about how relevant a total point score at this stage of the season really is. Even more so when it's the first 9 league games ever under Poch.

Two of the names most frequently brought up in the summer when people were claiming that we had missed out on the managerial targets we should have gotten were Rodgers and Martinez. 9 games into his first season at Liverpool Rogers had racked up 10 points. http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2012-2013/custom-table). Martinez, after a summer of not selling any big players and seemingly getting most of their transfer targets are currently on 12 points.

Only 9 bloody games...

(Not only aimed at Yermiyahu)

Saudi Sportswashing Machine only had two shots, but its an out of form Saudi Sportswashing Machine sitting in the bottom three, at home. After already losing at home to West Brom and having got smashed by City and Liverpool what teams are we waiting for to play against to start winning points?

We drew with Sunderland, is that our level? I don't see anyone calling for Poch's head, but a realistic examination of the quality of the players at his disposal and acknowledging the size of the task ahead isn't of order is it, be it 1 game, 9 games or 37 games?

Saudi Sportswashing Machine only had two shots, but its an out of form Saudi Sportswashing Machine sitting in the bottom three, at home. After already losing at home to West Brom and having got smashed by City and Liverpool what teams are we waiting for to play against to start winning points?

We drew with Sunderland, is that our level? I don't see anyone calling for Poch's head, but a realistic examination of the quality of the players at his disposal and acknowledging the size of the task ahead isn't of order is it, be it 1 game, 9 games or 37 games?

Look at the post I responded to. Do you think it called for "a realistic examination of the quality of the players at his disposal and acknowledging the size of the task ahead"? You might not be calling for Poch's head, but there are others who are a lot more negative about him than you are.

How about beating 2nd placed Southampton or 4th placed West Ham then? We haven't had a great start, we're clearly not in good form. But at the same time we're three points behind Arsenal and Liverpool, two points behind Man United and one point behind Everton. I'm sure we wanted to have more than 11 points at this stage of the season, but we did get those 11 points somehow - probably from the games you didn't list.

the moment we couldnt win at sunderland is the moment i knew we werent up to much. we really struggle with the mental side of things, just typical tottenham *******s, go 2-1 up and hit the post, **** about then concede. its just what we do

Look at the post I responded to. Do you think it called for "a realistic examination of the quality of the players at his disposal and acknowledging the size of the task ahead"? You might not be calling for Poch's head, but there are others who are a lot more negative about him than you are.

How about beating 2nd placed Southampton or 4th placed West Ham then? We haven't had a great start, we're clearly not in good form. But at the same time we're three points behind Arsenal and Liverpool, two points behind Man United and one point behind Everton. I'm sure we wanted to have more than 11 points at this stage of the season, but we did get those 11 points somehow - probably from the games you didn't list.

Yes, we have accumulated 11 points from 9 games. Keep up those sort of statistics and we'll be in a relegation battle. Do you have cause to believe there will be an upturn in results?

Yes, we have accumulated 11 points from 9 games. Keep up those sort of statistics and we'll be in a relegation battle. Do you have cause to believe there will be an upturn in results?

Yes, I think we'll improve as the season progresses under our new manager and our younger players gain experience and the players that are new to the league settle in a bit more.

Yes, I think we'll improve as the season progresses under our new manager and our younger players gain experience and the players that are new to the league settle in a bit more.

Which new players, Fazio and Stambouli? We don't classify Lamela, Chadli etc as new to the league do we? Maybe Stambouli will have a big impact and drag us up the table. I certainly hope so.

Which new players, Fazio and Stambouli? We don't classify Lamela, Chadli etc as new to the league do we? Maybe Stambouli will have a big impact and drag us up the table. I certainly hope so.

Lamela had 3 PL starts before this season, Capoue had 8, Chadli had 15. "New to the league" might have been a poor choice of words, but I definitely think they are still adjusting and settling into the league and that they will get better from the games they're now playing.

Im hearing a lot of excuses and reasons for our poor form here and very little about Poch's own poor decisions and mistakes or any reasons why we shoud be confident he has the ability to improve. We could quite possibly be in the relegation zone in the next week or two if we carry on like this. If that happens even the biggest optimist here would see Levy pulling the trigger.

Im hearing a lot of excuses and reasons for our poor form here and very little about Poch's own poor decisions and mistakes or any reasons why we shoud be confident he has the ability to improve. We could quite possibly be in the relegation zone in the next week or two if we carry on like this. If that happens even the biggest optimist here would see Levy pulling the trigger.

I am hoping yesterday was the straw that broke the camels back with a few. I see it as Poch keeping faith than making poor decisions but the time has now come to get rid of the ***** in that team. I would also try something new, new players, new formations, new tactics. I suggested going back to 442 and just back to basics, thats how it should be.

got to agree

Sadly I'm not shocked that some ppl have called for poch to be sacked. We won't get relegated this season, we may finish around mid table at worst and 5-6th at best.

We can't keep replacing managers hoping to somehow find the right manager. A manager can only do so much with the players at his disposal, poch wud of seen the comments from Sherwood last season and he has obviously given most players at the club a chance to prove ppl wrong. I think poch wud of learned a hell of a lot yesterday. We have bought too many nice guys.

If u look at the best teams they have players that want nothing else but win, win and win. Kompany, terry, rooney to name a few. Who do we have in our side that plays with that fire? I can't think of anyone.

Thankfully poch questioned the players mentality yesterday so he sees the problem as well, no use having fancy flair players if u have no one willing to run through a break wall for the team.

Back