• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

And they get slated week in, week out by their own fans for poor tactics, no goal threat and sloppy defending.

That's why I said neutrals, fans are usually too biased to be a good judge of their club's football.

Honestly won't you be happy if wenger had ade and kaboul as captains and paulinho for Wheelchair?

Find me any Arsenal fan that think any of Flamini, Arteta, Ramsay or Wheelchair are decent DMs :lol:

When all their defenders are fit, the have six (6) senior defenders. This is a team that has had 14 consecutive years of CL money and pay more wages than Chelsea now.
Their squad is actually quite poor given all that expenditure; they have more ACMs than necessary and if we were similarly imbalanced as an establish CL team I'm sure we'd be calling for someone's head.

In terms of who from our team would get into theirs? According to Gooners I know: Capoue (instead of all their DMs), Vertonghen (alongside Koscielny; they think Mertersacker is big liability long-term), Soldado (they said that he's make Ozil look begter than Giroud does) and Eriksen (instead of Wheelchair or even Cazorla).

Lloris is a given right?

Levy is open to some criticism in my view, but how exactly is Levy to do anything different in this sense?
Please elaborate what you mean by this: Should Levy be the one coming out to give the post-match interview for MOTD??

Levy should be making assurances for the manager/team/player transfers/budget ...wherever it's possible to placate the fans and get them backing the club (and manager).

Especially during low times like now...it's open season on poch and he is at mercy of the press, how would you want him to be at his best?

Sure there's a risk that the media may try to play havoc, but levy can take some attention and load away from poch and work like a team.

And of course we don't and won't believe everything in the rags, but the silence creates its own whispers and rumours that affects the supporters and the players.

Levy should be making assurances for the manager/team/player transfers/budget ...wherever it's possible to placate the fans and get them backing the club (and manager).

Especially during low times like now...it's open season on poch and he is at mercy of the press, how would you want him to be at his best?

Sure there's a risk that the media may try to play havoc, but levy can take some attention and load away from poch and work like a team.

And of course we don't and won't believe everything in the rags, but the silence creates its own whispers and rumours that affects the supporters and the players.

It's been 9 games. NINE. If Levy has to come out to speak to the press now, then we all better pack our bags and go home

Find me any Arsenal fan that think any of Flamini, Arteta, Ramsay or Wheelchair are decent DMs :lol:

When all their defenders are fit, the have six (6) senior defenders. This is a team that has had 14 consecutive years of CL money and pay more wages than Chelsea now.
Their squad is actually quite poor given all that expenditure; they have more ACMs than necessary and if we were similarly imbalanced as an establish CL team I'm sure we'd be calling for someone's head.

In terms of who from our team would get into theirs? According to Gooners I know: Capoue (instead of all their DMs), Vertonghen (alongside Koscielny; they think Mertersacker is big liability long-term), Soldado (they said that he's make Ozil look begter than Giroud does) and Eriksen (instead of Wheelchair or even Cazorla).

Then the **** fans you know are numpties. Vertonghen over Meatsucker - joke: Eriksen instead of Fatty Carzola - never in a million years, and as for Capoue - they just cant have seen him play. Lloris is the only one that would definitely play for them imo.

It's been 9 games. NINE. If Levy has to come out to speak to the press now, then we all better pack our bags and go home

It's been 9 games for MP, what about last seasons shambolic showing, we reset so often he'll never get questioned if it's all down to results under the current manager.

It's been 9 games for MP, what about last seasons shambolic showing, we reset so often he'll never get questioned if it's all down to results under the current manager.

Then the **** fans you know are numpties. Vertonghen over Meatsucker - joke: Eriksen instead of Fatty Carzola - never in a million years, and as for Capoue - they just cant have seen him play. Lloris is the only one that would definitely play for them imo.

They are Gooners, of course they are numpties!

But objectively, I think Mertersacker is a big liability for them because of his chronic lack of pace. It was cruelly exposed away at the top 6 last season (except us of course). Verts with his "who gives a ****" may annoy at times, but over a season I think he'd form a better partnership with Koscielny for sure.
Eriksen in the latter half of last season I'm pretty sure did more than Fatty C did in their entire season. Happy to be corrected though.
Capoue is slow and ponderous BUT he is a DM that 7 times out of ten in their side would do the job. As exposed as our CBs have been, have you seen how exposed their CBs constantly are?
Lloris, well nothing to discuss there.

I feel we are a key juncture as we have very winnable games in the next month. Arsenal are running on empty in terms of their squad buys and planning and remember they are only 3 points ahead of us, having been gifted 3 points by Sunderland; as an example we played MUCH better up there and did ourselves in with a comical og in the last 7 mins.

This could easily be the season they slip out of the top 4. Sadly, we may not be quite there to take advantage, but believe me, if Wenger wasn't at the helm they'd be so far ahead of us that we'd feel we had more chance of catching Emirates Marketing Project.

Wenger is truly holding them back and long may it continue!

You are pulling my chain, right? They do have defensive midfielders. Flamini, Arteta, Wiltshire and Ramsey can all play there. Agreed that they havent found another Viera or Petit. However, they have been decimated by defensive injuries this season and are still miles better than us defensively. They will be in the top four come the end of the season despite these impediments. Unfortunately.

To not acknowledge the quality of their squad compared to ours is just ridiculous. How many of our players would get into their first team?

Bringing quality in to the discussion only serves to deflect away from the point im making - of course they have better quality players they're an established top level PL side who have reguilar CL on offer and can attract better players as a result (along with higher wages etc) the point is they still have problems building their squad - it's as unbalanced as ours and you could probably say it's far thinner and that is despite having one man in charge and all the above factors in their favor.

None of those players you mention are dm's btw well Flamini is but he was released by a terrible Milan team for being past it - the others need to be played alongside a DM - i see you ignored the number of defenders in their squad - id love to see your reaction should a DoF ever leave us so woefully threadbare despite spending 50m net in a summer window

Interesting to see that you expect levy's participation in the press as a bad sign.

That's exactly my point. Levy should be singing off the same song sheet as poch, and ochestrating it to begin with.

Bringing quality in to the discussion only serves to deflect away from the point im making - of course they have better quality players they're an established top level PL side who have reguilar CL on offer and can attract better players as a result (along with higher wages etc) the point is they still have problems building their squad - it's as unbalanced as ours and you could probably say it's far thinner and that is despite having one man in charge and all the above factors in their favor.

None of those players you mention are dm's btw well Flamini is but he was released by a terrible Milan team for being past it - the others need to be played alongside a DM - i see you ignored the number of defenders in their squad - id love to see your reaction should a DoF ever leave us so woefully threadbare despite spending 50m net in a summer window

I dont know ****'s squad well enough to comment about the individual positions you state. However, Wenger's philosophy is to play fast attacking slick football, played with pace and incision. Yes, he naturally gravitates towards attacking players, but when all are fit and firing they are an undoubted pleasure to watch. They have built a strong first team, although it may be their squad is a bit unbalanced, I still believe it will see them come good by the end of the season. Sometimes it is better to have a smaller well drilled squad that just a plethora of meh numbers as we seem to have.

Interesting to see that you expect levy's participation in the press as a bad sign.

That's exactly my point. Levy should be singing off the same song sheet as poch, and ochestrating it to begin with.

Why would it be anything else other than a bad sign after 9 games?
Levy has said what he needed to say when Poch was appointed; after that point he doesn't need to give weekly updates to the press - that's Poch's job after the game.

And who says him and Poch aren't singing from the same hymn sheet?

The time you can guarantee they aren't is when Poch says something along he lines of "The chairman has assured me that x player will not be sold"...and a few months later that player is sold!

Worst start to a season since Ramos.

"And that was it. 67 per cent of possession and yet only one effort other than Adebayor's early goal on target. Tottenham ended the day already eight points behind where they were at this stage last season.

For the record, Christian Gross and Doug Livermore are the only two managers to have got their Tottenham careers underway with fewer than 11 points from their opening nine games in a three-points-for-a-win era.

Both of them lasted less than a year in charge; neither of them have ever managed in England again.

Spurs have won just one of their last seven Premier League games with a trip to Aston Villa on Saturday next to come.

Pochettino may shrug his shoulders and claim otherwise, but his reputation is now very much on the line."

Why would it be anything else other than a bad sign after 9 games?
Levy has said what he needed to say when Poch was appointed; after that point he doesn't need to give weekly updates to the press - that's Poch's job after the game.

And who says him and Poch aren't singing from the same hymn sheet?

The time you can guarantee they aren't is when Poch says something along he lines of "The chairman has assured me that x player will not be sold"...and a few months later that player is sold!

Of course the chairman shouldn't in olive himself with game to game comments. Look at how arsenal do it, time and time come in to defend wingers purchase and budget etc. you'd be naive to think half of this is true by the way, it's all a pr exercise to get the press positive and the fans cheering.

Worst start to a season since Ramos.

"And that was it. 67 per cent of possession and yet only one effort other than Adebayor's early goal on target. Tottenham ended the day already eight points behind where they were at this stage last season.

For the record, Christian Gross and Doug Livermore are the only two managers to have got their Tottenham careers underway with fewer than 11 points from their opening nine games in a three-points-for-a-win era.

Both of them lasted less than a year in charge; neither of them have ever managed in England again.

Spurs have won just one of their last seven Premier League games with a trip to Aston Villa on Saturday next to come.

Pochettino may shrug his shoulders and claim otherwise, but his reputation is now very much on the line."

A more relevant comparison would be Avb vs poch. Not just results but also performances ... I see a lot of similarities...and the same problems.

Of course the chairman shouldn't in olive himself with game to game comments. Look at how arsenal do it, time and time come in to defend wingers purchase and budget etc. you'd be naive to think half of this is true by the way, it's all a pr exercise to get the press positive and the fans cheering.

Yeah, and what difference has that made in Wenger's case? Zilch! The fans still think the negative things they do. In fact, they get more irate with the defence Wenger gets from above. Results (and a long-term strategy that makes sense and is clear) will do the job.

What difference really would Levy giving a 'vote of confidence' do after today? We have lost one more game than we have won; not good but not the end of the world yet.

Back