• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I wouldn't say they were title ready until he started adding his compatriots, they didn't look like it under Rioch, even with that back 5 and Bergkamp, the mf he built was crucial

I didn't think Rioch did that badly, bad picking up Petit, Anelka, Vieira and later Henry for almost nothing certainly Wenger get it started. It's that midfield grit and a proper goal machine up front that's missing now as well. The change from counter attacking to tippy-tappy football hasn't exactly improved their fortunes of course.

Exactly. I would also be happy as Larry if we had a squad full of his signings.

And if we had been in the CL for more than a decade and had vast sums of money available we could have. Given that position I don't think he's doing too well any longer.

he basically bashed the fans (showed some balls basically) and then started saying how Levy was breaking promises, wasn't happy Bale was sold when he was told that he wasn't leaving. Signings that he didn't want etc. - nothing to do with the Liverpool + Emirates Marketing Project results although I imagine in Levys eyes they were used as an excuse to get rid.

I'd love to know where you found out about that because it doesn't correspond with anything that I have heard.

At one point we were virtually on a par with the ****. Since Wenger arrived, the gap has just got bigger and bigger until those oh so brief halycon days under Rednapp.

Exactly. I would also be happy as Larry if we had a squad full of his signings.

We could have if we had a wage bill and transfer budget to match. I don't think that they are getting value for money out of the market at the moment.

At one point we were virtually on a par with the ****. Since Wenger arrived, the gap has just got bigger and bigger until those oh so brief halycon days under Rednapp.

Yes. We were on a level with them when the PL was formed. Sugar's short sightedness meant that we missed the PL and Champions League gravy train and we have been playing catch up ever since.

For the first time I have doubt about Poch. Yeah yeah, knee jerk smee jerk. It was not the result today per se, nor the team not really adapting to his Southampton style tactics that has me worried. No it's the decision to play Ade and his use of subs that have me questioning what he is seeing on the pitch. IMO he wasn't very proactive today in making tactical changes or subs to change the course of the match. Players will respond to a meritocracy and if they see players getting in ahead of them or players staying on the pitch when they are playing **** then that will affects thiings. It also affects those players on the pitch who feel that their spots are secure irrespective of what they do.

Today he was bad IMO but I won't get the torches and pitchforks out of the shed just yet. He must do better though.

No, he won't.

It's not like we're in any danger of being relegated or even close to it. We're 4 points off 5th, 6 points off West Ham in 4th. Based on last season's results we've had a tough run so far and we're one point better off. Unlike ManU, who have played mostly dross and had their trickiest games at home.

By the same token, you could also say we are just 3 points above the relegation zone and could be in the bottom 3 come next weekend.

By the same token, you could also say we are just 3 points above the relegation zone and could be in the bottom 3 come next weekend.

Today was a disappointing result but I do not see any signs of us getting dragged into a relegation battle. I would hope that the board are looking to judge Poch over a longer period than the first two and a half months.

what I want to see from poch is a reaction, something that shows me he is the right man to push us on and is not just content to keep getting bad results and blaming it on not having the right players in his squad (not that he himself is using that excuse). Like it or not he can do nothing about that until next summer (unless he or levy pulls off s miracle in the winter). It's now about using the resources to hand the best way he can. Some players need to be dropped, as they are woefully out of form. There's some egos that need to be kicked in the fanny, but I worry that poch doesn't have that in him. I guess we'll see soon enough.

At the moment it is painfully obvious what we lack- pace and width in the team. Rose provides some width on the left but we don't have anything on the right so we're woefully unbalanced.

And up top we need ADE to provide a better link up with the rest of the forwards and score some goals for us. My big worry is that as shown last year ADE is not great a leading the line on his own, he needs a partner up top. So we won't see the best of him under pochs system.

We need more width. I'd have Lennon on the right and consider dropping Lamela. I'd want Lennon to stay wide and get crosses in. I'd have Kane instead of Chadli, just behind Soldado. Eriksen can play from the left, cutting in whilst Rose attacks down the left wing as an attacking full back.

Without the width, we get too caught up in the centre, we are unable to spread the play and we don't have players in space often enough.

Chadli has been decent this season but I think Kane would score more goals.

We all want Lamela to succeed, he scored two great goals midweek, but we need width and as we have no attacking right full back, who is match ready, then we need to consider alternatives. Lennon is the only one that I can see from our options.

The lack of early subs when it was obvious Saudi Sportswashing Machine had changed their approach baffled and annoyed. They clearly targeted the (young CB in his first PL Season) Dier and he should have brough Lennon on far earlier to strengthen the right flank. That's one of many areas Poch failed today.

He isn't exactly succeeding any longer and he walked into a ready made title challenging team, only needing a couple of additions. Now he's taken them back to where they were, but he's unable to see the glaring holes in his squad.

It's funny P55 holds Wenger up as an example - i wonder how he'd react was he an Arsenal fan watching his manager neglect to the defensive midfield for the best part of a decade and set his squad up for the season with only 5 defenders!

It's funny P55 holds Wenger up as an example - i wonder how he'd react was he an Arsenal fan watching his manager neglect to the defensive midfield for the best part of a decade and set his squad up for the season with only 5 defenders!

I don't know an Arsenal fan who doesn't wish that they still had Dein overseeing their transfer activity.

The problem is that a lot of fans have unrealistic expectations, expect immediate success and are just looking for excuses to blame someone instead of accepting that we are where we should be.

Blame Levy for the manager having unrealistic targets. Blame Levy for other clubs not wanting to sell. Blame Levy for richer clubs offering more money. Blame Levy for bigger wanting to sign our best players and doing so by any means necessary. Blame Levy for sacking someone the fans turned on long ago. Blame Levy for not spending money we don't have and then blame him for the ticket prices.
This was about Poch right?

I dont think we can talk when theyve been in the CL for the last 15-16 years. This is what I mean by us 'berating' other teams when in actual fact we would have loved the success they have had...

Theyre not perfect but we are far far FAR behind them.

Levy decides what's unrealistic and what isn't. Levy decides whether or not to low-ball clubs with ludicrously low offers that **** off chairmen (Aulas at Lyon complained bitterly about this) and potentially end transfers before they even get off the ground. Levy's the one who tries to fob fans off with stupidly transparent stunts like throwing around imaginary 30 million pound bids for strikers on deadline day. Levy's the one who sold our best player for more than 80 million pounds and then somehow succeeded in missing out on most of AVB's primary targets. Levy's the one who hires managers with talk of 'ambition' and 'backing' before offering them cheap bargain buys on deadline day (provided of course that they've kept quiet like good little managers and watched the eternal primary objective of a profitable window come into view). Levy's the one who coldly demands of managers that they play the players he wants them to play (because he couldn't stomach selling them for less than their value just to comply with the manager's wishes), and sacks them when they inevitably bristle at the cheek of it all. And together, Levy and Lewis are the ones who decided that Tottenham Hotspur Football Club wasn't worth a penny of their own money and was best used to make a massive profit on the purchase price without a single cent going into it to keep it competitive at times when it could have done with the infusions, when the clubs all around it were spending money to secure positions that eventually yielded returns sufficient to justify those investments.

Levy sets the second-highest ticket prices in the league. Fans expect value for that money, not being told to shut up and appreciate the sub-par fare being served up with their own cash (which will ultimately be used to net the owners a fat profit without any investment on their part). Tell me, when looked at from that angle, does it seem strange to you that the club's got such a miasma hovering around it?

You want realistic expectations, lower the prices to a level that allows for people to feel that they're getting what they're paying for.
The commercialization of football brings about situations like these, and while ENIC have cleverly avoided fan discontent at the policies used to run the club (via the appointment of a succession of disposable targetmen in the DoF and head coach positions, to be disposed of when the fans inevitably look in their direction first), sooner or later people will realise that they're not getting what they're paying for, and that the club they once thought was theirs is now pencilled in as 'profitable venture - zero investment or financial commitment required' in ENIC's portfolio, while they themselves are being asked to pay ludicrously high ticket prices for the privilege of watching the manager glumly trying to make a collection of bargain buys, inherited 'value' players and second-choices work while the players he really wanted are prancing away at some other club because.....the ticket prices weren't high enough to pay for them.

And then they go home and are told that they have unrealistic expectations, that they are fools for wanting immediate success and that they should just accept that we as a club are where we should be: with another profit made in the transfer window, the second lowest net spend over five seasons, the second highest ticket prices in the league, and a team that's just gone down 2-1 to Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home without so much as a whimper.

I want Poch to stay. I won't judge him until I feel he has the players he wants and the players he needs to implement his philosophy. I cannot say the same for our owners. And I can't blame the fans at the Lane or on the internet for feeling angry at the situation our club is in.

I did read the entire post, but I wanted to focus on the bolded bits because I happen to completely agree. I know what people will say, if you don't like it, then don't buy the tickets, the fact is I don't. Been on the waiting list for a ST for 6 years now, but I'm not sure I would go to every game because it's a rip off at the moment.

Who has called for the manager to be sacked?

I make no bones that I want Baldini out - and out now
The DoF system needs to go.

Bring in a facilitator but the Manager decides which players to bring in based on the tactics he wants to implement. Cortese, as The DZA says would be enough.
Levy's job us to put in place effective Management systems for all THFC Businesses, the key one being the Business on the pitch. The DoF is a dud system for us. See the track record.

Back