• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

My Pulis thread got locked! But you know this would be so Levy -- he's tried everything else. A few more losses and he'll pull the trigger again. I'm just gonna stop expecting anything good for us now :lol:

No, he won't.

It's not like we're in any danger of being relegated or even close to it. We're 4 points off 5th, 6 points off West Ham in 4th. Based on last season's results we've had a tough run so far and we're one point better off. Unlike ManU, who have played mostly dross and had their trickiest games at home.

I already named SOF, Mourinho, Wenger, LVG above. Almost all successful managers I am aware of in this country have the final (and crucial) say on all matters transfer related. Certainly they have to live within financial criteria dictated by the board, but it is inconceivable to me that the managers listed would be dictated to by a committee on who they should buy or sell. Still less that they would live with players foisted on them. Look what happened when Abramavitch foised Shevchenko and Torres on managers. That didnt work out too well as I recall.

Pep must have a pretty big say at Bayern, with the Spaniards they have signed since he went there.

And these clubs have massive amounts of money to spend.

What about all the flops Ferguson signed? 10s of millions down the drain. Without the Ronaldo money it would look bad.

Wenger is holding Arsenal back with his transfer strategy, but they still overspend when does sign someone.

The problem is that a lot of fans have unrealistic expectations, expect immediate success and are just looking for excuses to blame someone instead of accepting that we are where we should be.

Blame Levy for the manager having unrealistic targets. Blame Levy for other clubs not wanting to sell. Blame Levy for richer clubs offering more money. Blame Levy for bigger wanting to sign our best players and doing so by any means necessary. Blame Levy for sacking someone the fans turned on long ago. Blame Levy for not spending money we don't have and then blame him for the ticket prices.

Levy decides what's unrealistic and what isn't. Levy decides whether or not to low-ball clubs with ludicrously low offers that **** off chairmen (Aulas at Lyon complained bitterly about this) and potentially end transfers before they even get off the ground. Levy's the one who tries to fob fans off with stupidly transparent stunts like throwing around imaginary 30 million pound bids for strikers on deadline day. Levy's the one who sold our best player for more than 80 million pounds and then somehow succeeded in missing out on most of AVB's primary targets. Levy's the one who hires managers with talk of 'ambition' and 'backing' before offering them cheap bargain buys on deadline day (provided of course that they've kept quiet like good little managers and watched the eternal primary objective of a profitable window come into view). Levy's the one who coldly demands of managers that they play the players he wants them to play (because he couldn't stomach selling them for less than their value just to comply with the manager's wishes), and sacks them when they inevitably bristle at the cheek of it all. And together, Levy and Lewis are the ones who decided that Tottenham Hotspur Football Club wasn't worth a penny of their own money and was best used to make a massive profit on the purchase price without a single cent going into it to keep it competitive at times when it could have done with the infusions, when the clubs all around it were spending money to secure positions that eventually yielded returns sufficient to justify those investments.

Levy sets the second-highest ticket prices in the league. Fans expect value for that money, not being told to shut up and appreciate the sub-par fare being served up with their own cash (which will ultimately be used to net the owners a fat profit without any investment on their part). Tell me, when looked at from that angle, does it seem strange to you that the club's got such a miasma hovering around it?

You want realistic expectations, lower the prices to a level that allows for people to feel that they're getting what they're paying for. The commercialization of football brings about situations like these, and while ENIC have cleverly avoided fan discontent at the policies used to run the club (via the appointment of a succession of disposable targetmen in the DoF and head coach positions, to be disposed of when the fans inevitably look in their direction first), sooner or later people will realise that they're not getting what they're paying for, and that the club they once thought was theirs is now pencilled in as 'profitable venture - zero investment or financial commitment required' in ENIC's portfolio, while they themselves are being asked to pay ludicrously high ticket prices for the privilege of watching the manager glumly trying to make a collection of bargain buys, inherited 'value' players and second-choices work while the players he really wanted are prancing away at some other club because.....the ticket prices weren't high enough to pay for them.

And then they go home and are told that they have unrealistic expectations, that they are fools for wanting immediate success and that they should just accept that we as a club are where we should be: with another profit made in the transfer window, the second lowest net spend over five seasons, the second highest ticket prices in the league, and a team that's just gone down 2-1 to Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home without so much as a whimper.

I want Poch to stay. I won't judge him until I feel he has the players he wants and the players he needs to implement his philosophy. I cannot say the same for our owners. And I can't blame the fans at the Lane or on the internet for feeling angry at the situation our club is in.

No, he won't.

It's not like we're in any danger of being relegated or even close to it. We're 4 points off 5th, 6 points off West Ham in 4th. Based on last season's results we've had a tough run so far and we're one point better off. Unlike ManU, who have played mostly dross and had their trickiest games at home.

I hope you are right, coz I really think we have to gamble at some point and give a manager some time to do his thing.

No, he won't.

After 9 games last season we were 4th with 19 points, and AVB still didn't finish the season

After 9 games last season we were 4th with 19 points, and AVB still didn't finish the season

He wasn't sacked for a lack of results, just like Redknapp before him. Why some refuse to accept this I don't know, but it's handy not to if you all you want to do is **** off Levy.

He wasn't sacked for a lack of results, just like Redknapp before him. Why some refuse to accept this I don't know, but it's handy not to if you all you want to do is **** off Levy.

So why exactly was AVB sacked, this is a genuine question as I really thought it was because of the beatings we took at the hands of City and Liverpool?

And these clubs have massive amounts of money to spend.

What about all the flops Ferguson signed? 10s of millions down the drain. Without the Ronaldo money it would look bad.

Wenger is holding Arsenal back with his transfer strategy, but they still overspend when does sign someone.

I wish someone would hold us back like that. Qualified for the CL in how many successive years, won cups and leagues, had an invincible season, presides over a club that has a new ground and makes profits. Yes I would like a real failure like that. At least he is a manager that IS responsible for the players he signs.

agreed. he wasn't happy with the way the club was run. I imagine Levy didn't like this.

I wish someone would hold us back like that. Qualified for the CL in how many successive years, won cups and leagues, had an invincible season, presides over a club that has a new ground and makes profits. Yes I would like a real failure like that. At least he is a manager that IS responsible for the players he signs.

He isn't exactly succeeding any longer and he walked into a ready made title challenging team, only needing a couple of additions. Now he's taken them back to where they were, but he's unable to see the glaring holes in his squad.

So why exactly was AVB sacked, this is a genuine question as I really thought it was because of the beatings we took at the hands of City and Liverpool?

relations with the board apparently, he was unhappy about certain players we'd signed who "were definitely as good as the ones he wanted just cheaper" when these players failed to perform it was obviously his fault, no chance that we'd actually lumbered him with a load of dross, as many matches since then have proven

he basically bashed the fans (showed some balls basically) and then started saying how Levy was breaking promises, wasn't happy Bale was sold when he was told that he wasn't leaving. Signings that he didn't want etc. - nothing to do with the Liverpool + Emirates Marketing Project results although I imagine in Levys eyes they were used as an excuse to get rid.

He isn't exactly succeeding any longer and he walked into a ready made title challenging team, only needing a couple of additions. Now he's taken them back to where they were, but he's unable to see the glaring holes in his squad.

His 'failure' with them last season, an FA cup win and a CL place would have done for me

There was no common ground between André Villas-Boas and Daniel Levy as they met briefly after Tottenham Hotspur's 5-0 humiliation at home against Liverpool. And there had to be if they were to continue. Both men were hurt and as Levy sought answers, Villas-Boas bristled.

The conversation turned to whether Spurs could employ two strikers, for example, and Villas-Boas interpreted this as a suggestion that he should play Emmanuel Adebayor who he wanted out of the club, who had been a source of friction and who has been a crushing disappointment, despite being the highest earner. The conversation was not constructive.

Quickly the decision was taken to reconvene yesterday morning and, shortly after 10am, Villas-Boas and Levy decided that the time was right for the head coach to go. Technically he was not sacked and, in truth, the sense around Villas-Boas was that he wanted to go and was relieved it was over. He and Levy have never been, according to a source close to the Portuguese, a “dynamic duo”. By the end the relationship between the pair was ever more remote; it was not a meeting of minds.

That's from Jason Burt in the Telegraph.

He could have fought for his job, but he wanted out.

Blimey there are some real drama queens on here, we've lost a game today, it is a set back nothing more, we should be use to them, us Spurs fans. I am not going to make wild, unrealistic predictions like Poch is going to be the next Bill Nick, I just take one step at a time. We have been very inconsistent this season but we need to keep the faith. What I do believe wholeheartedly, is we have an excellent coach, who given the right backing and time will do well here. I also believe that Levy will give him time unless it looks like we are in danger of relegation and I don't believe that will be an issue.

I wouldn't say they were title ready until he started adding his compatriots, they didn't look like it under Rioch, even with that back 5 and Bergkamp, the mf he built was crucial

Back