• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I don't see how the answer is to move in the opposite direction of every other top club in Europe and give the manager even less time to coach the players.

The manager MUST be in charge of transfers. Can you imaging Wenger, Mourinho, Van Gael or SOF being dictated to in this respect. What we need is a transfer facilitator like those top teams have. ie a person that does what the manager wants, given the transfer budget made available to them by the board. What we do not need or want is a duff DOF.

Our fans who attend games pay the second highest ticket prices in the league. Yet we are unique, in that we also expect them to accept that fact but still pretend that they're happy with the sub-par fare currently being served up.
Stop blaming the fans. If anything, the only mistake they've made (and I've made, to be fair) is falling for the old trick of blaming the manager/DoF every time. It is time to look at the way the club is being run as the real reason for fan discontent (charging outrageous prices but offering next to no accountability to the fans, nor any success on the field to merit such high prices or even any support from the owners to the managers they themselves appoint). Don't question the fans who pay through their noses and then watch Nelsen and Saha come in on a free, or Keane and Berbatov being replaced by Pavlyuchenko and Bent, or the profits being made in every transfer window, or Modric being replaced on deadline day by Dembele because the chairman wouldn't pay enough to secure Moutinho.

The problem is that a lot of fans have unrealistic expectations, expect immediate success and are just looking for excuses to blame someone instead of accepting that we are where we should be.

Blame Levy for the manager having unrealistic targets. Blame Levy for other clubs not wanting to sell. Blame Levy for richer clubs offering more money. Blame Levy for bigger wanting to sign our best players and doing so by any means necessary. Blame Levy for sacking someone the fans turned on long ago. Blame Levy for not spending money we don't have and then blame him for the ticket prices.

I don't see how the answer is to move in the opposite direction of every other top club in Europe and give the manager even less time to coach the players.

I think what some of us who are not to pleased with the Director of football system think is that the Director of football has to much power in who gets signed for the team.

I would be all for a position being made for someone who could speak several languages who could travel Europe and finalise deals for the club. But I want the head coach/manager to be the one who decides solely who we sign. He can and should use recommendations from scouts and of course Levy the chairman can tell him to work within a frame work for example you can not spend x amount on a 30 year old.

Not sure how well it works around Europe either as a lot of clubs at our level seem to get through managers pretty quickly. I am discounting the man u and real madrids of the world and looking at clubs of our level.

Re. the Rodgers post, like Harry once said, it's still about players. Rodgers with Suarez and a fit Sturridge = good football and results. Without them, they are sh1t. Rodgers isn't doing anything different either way.

Unfortunately for Poch, we don't seem to have a squad of players capable of taking on his ideas in the way that his Southampton players were. These players were also not good enough for whatever AVB was trying to do and they didn't work wel under Sherwood either. Even worse, in some cases, they have been zero improvement over players we already had.

For that, Baldini needs to be fired imo. Best part of £100m spent to go backwards, that's on him. We'd be better off getting the bloke who brought Poch to Southampton in the first place, and letting the two of them sort out the mess.

If you want an example of short term ism in football today, it's the fact that fans are citing west ham and Southampton as teams to aspire to. It's ludicrous.

From wanting to emulate borussia dortmund we now want to play like fat Sam

I think you have missed the point. We do not aspire to that type of football, but I for one am envious of the players they have bought that have had an immediate effect on their respective teams. Can the same be said for the players we have signed?

No it's really not that difficult. If as you describe him a halfwit like Sherwood could do it on a regular basis, how difficult can it be?
The dinotard didn't have the team playing better, he just had a highly motivated Ade, who is an incredible player.

Re. the Rodgers post, like Harry once said, it's still about players. Rodgers with Suarez and a fit Sturridge = good football and results. Without them, they are sh1t. Rodgers isn't doing anything different either way.

Unfortunately for Poch, we don't seem to have a squad of players capable of taking on his ideas in the way that his Southampton players were. These players were also not good enough for whatever AVB was trying to do and they didn't work wel under Sherwood either. Even worse, in some cases, they have been zero improvement over players we already had.

For that, Baldini needs to be fired imo. Best part of £100m spent to go backwards, that's on him. We'd be better off getting the bloke who brought Poch to Southampton in the first place, and letting the two of them sort out the mess.

And this is the key. We have many players who HAVEN'T performed now under three ****ing managers within a year. Yet managers are getting the blame. I still think it was wrong to sack AVB but considering he lost his desire and felt promises weren't me I can understand why everything happened. I feel we need to make sure Poch is a happy man, give him what he wants because he has the desire, the hunger, he wants to succeed. And I am confident.

Who has called for the manager to be sacked?

I make no bones that I want Baldini out - and out now

I think you have missed the point. We do not aspire to that type of football, but I for one am envious of the players they have bought that have had an immediate effect on their respective teams. Can the same be said for the players we have signed?
I think the point is that it's incredibly short term thinking

Who has called for the manager to be sacked?

I make no bones that I want Baldini out - and out now

Quite a few. Heres a cracker:

John, a @SpursOfficial fan: “We must sack Pochettino now and get Frank de Boer. This is just not good enough.” #THFC

Just what I wanted to say Rodgers did average to poor with Liverpool to Suarez became world class, we did well when we had Bale become world class.

So yeah it is all about the players that is why we should be scouting for players that can become world class, I guess he thought Lamela would fit that profile but for the fee we paid we should have got better and I do not think we should pay those sort of fees.

We should be looking at in this country dele alli or in Europe Balkkai(spelling) the Belgium lad, both have the potential to become world class, neither might. But they would not break the bank.

It also ****es me off to see the lad West Ham brought from France banging in goals when I said in the summer we should cut our losses on Soldaldo and go for some bloke from Europe/Africa. I also mentioned Berhanio at West Brom but because of inverted racism that was shot down.

The dinotard didn't have the team playing better, he just had a highly motivated Ade, who is an incredible player.

On that basis, TS deserves credit for getting the best out of Ade - something neither AVB nor Poch has been able to do

I think what some of us who are not to pleased with the Director of football system think is that the Director of football has to much power in who gets signed for the team.

I would be all for a position being made for someone who could speak several languages who could travel Europe and finalise deals for the club. But I want the head coach/manager to be the one who decides solely who we sign. He can and should use recommendations from scouts and of course Levy the chairman can tell him to work within a frame work for example you can not spend x amount on a 30 year old.

Not sure how well it works around Europe either as a lot of clubs at our level seem to get through managers pretty quickly. I am discounting the man u and real madrids of the world and looking at clubs of our level.

I don't think any of us have any idea who signs who or how the transfer committee works and are just looking for someone to blame.

Because right now we have players that neither AVB or Pochettino wanted (a realistic assumption in my opinion) and dont have certain players they did want. I would like us to give Pochettino three/five years and hold all the reigns to the playing squad and ins and outs.

Not every club who has the DoF is successful and not every club who doesnt have it is successful. Its a blanket statement to just say 'opposite direction of every top club...'. I dont see how shifting from this so called norm would make us any less successful. I want our Manager to have the best possible opportunities for success and in my view it will only happen if theyre allowed to bring in the players THEY want. Given that a coach/Manager is either retained or sacked dependent on performance, I think him having control of ins and outs is a reasonable responsiility to have.

We have spent £100 odd million (even more) in turning into a fairly mediocre side with square pegs in round holes.

Just what I wanted to say Rodgers did average to poor with Liverpool to Suarez became world class, we did well when we had Bale become world class.

So yeah it is all about the players that is why we should be scouting for players that can become world class, I guess he thought Lamela would fit that profile but for the fee we paid we should have got better and I do not think we should pay those sort of fees.

We should be looking at in this country dele alli or in Europe Balkkai(spelling) the Belgium lad, both have the potential to become world class, neither might. But they would not break the bank.

It also ****es me off to see the lad West Ham brought from France banging in goals when I said in the summer we should cut our losses on Soldaldo and go for some bloke from Europe/Africa. I also mentioned Berhanio at West Brom but because of inverted racism that was shot down.

tickle my balls with a feather. We should mainly buy players that can / will improve the team. Have any of our recent purchases proved successful?

I think Lloris was the last one to be a good buy.

We're are honesty no better off under Poch as we were under AVB imo, neither poor managers but found or are in the process of finding out that the core of players at the club lack the fight and belief to challenge for top four. Not only that but it's clear that for the most part our transfer dealings over the last 2 to 3 years have been very disappointing with more duds than successes and that is in the process of really hurting us.

I fully back Poch because I am sick of the manager merry-go-round, but this could take a few years of mid table finishes before Poch gets the fighters and workers he needs.

On that basis, TS deserves credit for getting the best out of Ade - something neither AVB nor Poch has been able to do
Not really. Ade was clearly pi55ed off at being expected to work for a living under AVB and was already motivated to show him. He just needed putting back in the team.

That Ade's gone now so we need more - it won't be easy unless we find another top class striker or the £300k per week it will probably take to motivate Ade.

Back