• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Right now the points are all that matters
while its tru, its not points against poorer opposition that will help us against Emirates Marketing Project. For that I'd rather count on form.

That said, we won and we pick up the 3 points and kick on .... but are you confident right now with our results against the top teams like Emirates Marketing Project and Arsenal ? If not why ?>

I think we were superb first half, and then decelerated as they accelerated, so we looked poor second half, and tired after 70. But perhaps we just got complacent, that shouldn't happen against bigger teams.

We certainly would benefit from Kane Dier Dembele being fully fit though

while its tru, its not points against poorer opposition that will help us against Emirates Marketing Project. For that I'd rather count on form.

That said, we won and we pick up the 3 points and kick on .... but are you confident right now with our results against the top teams like Emirates Marketing Project and Arsenal ? If not why ?>

Suffice to say we have City next weekend and if you offered me a draw now I would not take it. Not because I think we will win but because I think on any given day we can beat any team in this league and next weekend we could win. We have a team that should fear no other team in this league. Win, lose or draw I am confident we will not make it easy for them.

I have noticed something about pundits and journalist this season, even though we are undefeated they say we are not convincing, funny thing though, in the past when Chelsea, Man Utd or Emirates Marketing Project would scrape a win by the odd goal they would say they ground out a result and that is the mark of champions.

I have noticed something about pundits and journalist this season, even though we are undefeated they say we are not convincing, funny thing though, in the past when Chelsea, Man Utd or Emirates Marketing Project would scrape a win by the odd goal they would say they ground out a result and that is the mark of champions.
The reason for this is that most pundits and jounalists are clams

Agree with you, and hope the lack of hype and focus, continue.

I believe we can beat anyone. Even City and Arse.

What we have done by picking up these points against poorer opposition is taken some pressure of us in the big games. We don't have to rely on beating Emirates Marketing Project to be where we want to be. Even if we lose against City and all other results go against us next weekend we'll be 6th. For me there or thereabouts where we want to be with an aim of challenging for another top 4 finish.

When United last won the league under Ferguson they picked up 2.85 points per game against the bottom half of the table. They won 19, drew none and lost 1 game. They picked up 10 more points than Emirates Marketing Project and Arsenal against the bottom half. They lost against City, Chelsea and ourselves at home. But they still won the league by 11 points.

Our win at Middlesborough yesterday showed our squad strength. From our almost unanimously agreed first XI of last year we were 'missing' Five players ( Rose, Lamela, Dier, Dembele and Kane). That's almost half a team of top quality internationals. Yet we still won and ( if we had converted a few of our chances in the first half or been awarded any of three reasonable penalty claims) we would have won comfortably. and this is with two players still bedding in to our style ( VJ and Sissoko). All good as far as I am concerned.

Our win at Middlesborough yesterday showed our squad strength. From our almost unanimously agreed first XI of last year we were 'missing' Five players ( Rose, Lamela, Dier, Dembele and Kane). That's almost half a team of top quality internationals. Yet we still won and ( if we had converted a few of our chances in the first half or been awarded any of three reasonable penalty claims) we would have won comfortably. and this is with two players still bedding in to our style ( VJ and Sissoko). All good as far as I am concerned.

Lets hope Sissoko takes a good look at the effort that Janssen putting in. Vincent was dead on his feet at the end, he put in a great shift effort wise.

Lets hope Sissoko takes a good look at the effort that Janssen putting in. Vincent was dead on his feet at the end, he put in a great shift effort wise.

I think (and hope) it is just new team nerves with Sissoko.He showed with France he has the overall application.

Yeah! And probably our weakest area last year was our squad depth. We've done great business buying roughly equivalent level type players to really give us a squad that is flexible and gives Poch the options to switch it around like you say.

Listen to all clam pundits and opposition fans though and they say we had a bad window :rolleyes:... the more they say this the better I think, we're back to flying under the radar.

Back