• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

What are your worries?

I havent seen Trippier and Wimmer this season. The excuse he made for benching Davies could have been made for benching Walker and Dier and playing the aforementioned two. I am glad that he benched Christian for Moussa.

I'm sure his methods are scientific in terms of gauging fatigue. But for me Davies and Janssen should have started over Dier and Kane, who have looked popped since the start of the season. It was maybe also a game for Trippier over Walker (Walker hasn't been showing it in the same way as the other two, but he's played an awful lot).
Dier was playing at centre half, which shouldn't be too taxing in terms of fitness. Kane got his second goal of the season, which I think is excellent in terms of his confidence.

I havent seen Trippier and Wimmer this season. The excuse he made for benching Davies could have been made for benching Walker and Dier and playing the aforementioned two. I am glad that he benched Christian for Moussa.
I think Davies was benched due to his poor performance against Monaco (I think it was probably the same for Lamela and Eriksen as well).

Wimmer picked up a muscle injury in pre-season. Walker has arguably been our best player so far this season. I am sure that you'll get a chance to see a few more fringe players against Gillingham. I think that Poch has done quite well at giving everyone game time whilst bedding in players and getting results.

Wimmer picked up a muscle injury in pre-season. Walker has arguably been our best player so far this season. I am sure that you'll get a chance to see a few more fringe players against Gillingham. I think that Poch has done quite well at giving everyone game time whilst bedding in players and getting results.

Poch doesnt seem to think Wimmer is injured. IIRC pre the Sunderland match, he said Rose was the only player missing.

@Finney, he said Davies had played a number of games in a row and needed resting.

Poch doesnt seem to think Wimmer is injured. IIRC pre the Sunderland match, he said Rose was the only player missing.

@Finney, he said Davies had played a number of games in a row and needed resting.
As had Walker.... but he didn't rest him despite actually having an alternative full back fit. I still think Davies was 'dropped' as opposed to 'rested'.

He rested a few players yesterday, I think that's perfectly fine, the last thing I want to see is half the side replaced each game. It creates a total lack of continuity and its actually unfair on the perceived second string as they are playing with other "2nd stringers" in a disjointed side, so generally not able to show their best in a potentially struggling team.

It's far better to do what Poch did yesterday, swap in 2 or 3 players each time (or when necessary) not wholesale changes.

The only question mark for me was not playing Davies, it meant we had to shuffle players around when there was no real need IMO.

All in all it was a comfortable win/performance and should have been more, we had various record breaking stats yesterday, most attempts this season, most saves by oppo GK, possession, etc. so no idea why the negativity?!

What a weird article.

Funny how they missed the most important one:

ChNfymmW4AAu8TZ.jpg:large

Back