• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I think losing only one league game thus far is pretty decent going, I think he has made us a difficult side to beat and more solid defensively...these are his starting blocks, hopefully the attacking side will follow shortly...though saying that our goal difference looks healthy.

We are a top 6 team in order to push on from that we need to be more clinical...but most crucially I think we need 2-3 more players with more quality and were in business.

However what may I am really pleased with how Poch is going about things and how were a young hungry squad keen to learn and put in the hard work.

If people seriously think about it our dropped points...Stoke & Leicester in paticular....we could be right up there and saying our season had been amazing thus far.

Poch has got us competitive and we are not a walkover for anyone....think about poor ol Jose's men who have lost half the league games they have played this season.

yeah, if this is off form I have to question whether Spurs ever been in form in my lifetime

We have had better form on paper but I've never seen us play 10 leagues games back to back where we have been the better side in every game. That's includes the 87 team which is the best I've seen for one season

I can't remember the redknapo run when Ade came in but we had a crazy run then of back to back wins and that out is in the champions league. We also arguably had better players then

I think losing only one league game thus far is pretty decent going, I think he has made us a difficult side to beat and more solid defensively...these are his starting blocks, hopefully the attacking side will follow shortly...though saying that our goal difference looks healthy.

We are a top 6 team in order to push on from that we need to be more clinical...but most crucially I think we need 2-3 more players with more quality and were in business.

However what may I am really pleased with how Poch is going about things and how were a young hungry squad keen to learn and put in the hard work.

If people seriously think about it our dropped points...Stoke & Leicester in paticular....we could be right up there and saying our season had been amazing thus far.

Poch has got us competitive and we are not a walkover for anyone....think about poor ol Jose's men who have lost half the league games they have played this season.

Can I ask where you think we need to strengthen?

For me we need a genuine alternative to Kane and that's it for the season. If we can do that we can get top 4 for me and maybe higher

What seems to have changed is out poor performances in other competitions is not affecting our league form. Plus the advantage that our current europa league away games are in nice locations against reasonable teams. Bournemouth were very poor, however we have been the best team probably in all of our games so far.

I think we are probably the 5th best team in the league, our destiny will be decided by chelsea this year. Come the turn of the year if they have not improved i could see poch changing his focus and betting everything on the league

We have had better form on paper but I've never seen us play 10 leagues games back to back where we have been the better side in every game. That's includes the 87 team which is the best I've seen for one season

I can't remember the redknapo run when Ade came in but we had a crazy run then of back to back wins and that out is in the champions league. We also arguably had better players then

agreed, i'm not thinking about results, i'm thinking about performance, we've played 10 games this season and unquestionably been the better side in every single one, we are really building something great here, patience needs to be afforded

So is the general thinking we were going to sell Lamela to finance Berahino? Now that Lamela and Dembele have proved to be valuable squad members, the only player we don't need is Townsend. Is it feasible that we could sell Townsend in January, for the same amount we would have to pay for Berahino?

So is the general thinking we were going to sell Lamela to finance Berahino? Now that Lamela and Dembele have proved to be valuable squad members, the only player we don't need is Townsend. Is it feasible that we could sell Townsend in January, for the same amount we would have to pay for Berahino?
I don't think so. It seemed that we pulled the plug on Lamela going a few days before the end of the window whereas we were making bids for Berahino right up until a couple of hours before the transfer deadline.

We could sell him to part finance the Berahino deal - having more capital so the deal is structured better from WBA's perspective - I doubt that it'd cover the whole cost and it'd rely on us finally being able to get Townsend to agree to leave

I don't think so. It seemed that we pulled the plug on Lamela going a few days before the end of the window whereas we were making bids for Berahino right up until a couple of hours before the transfer deadline.

The Berahino stuff on deadline day was just for show IMO. I think it was dead several days before.

It was just like we pulled out of selling Fazio a few weeks before deadline when we settled on not getting a new CM

We could sell him to part finance the Berahino deal - having more capital so the deal is structured better from WBA's perspective - I doubt that it'd cover the whole cost and it'd rely on us finally being able to get Townsend to agree to leave

I still think Townsend is more valuable in our system than Dembele. He also of a better age and doesn't have a short contract like MD.

Swapping Townsend for Berahino would also imbalanced, with 3 LWFs (Son, Berahino and Njie) and only 1 RWF (Lamela)

And Everton, who we completely dominated, and Swansea. We're looking at 8 additional points right there, which would have put us comfortably in first. But even if we had managed a couple of those, we'd still be in the title (yes, title!) mix. But the results will come, as long as we continue our trend of having outplayed every opponent and it is beginning to show: 4w 2d in the last 6 games. I think that is quite telling, even more so considering the number of injuries we have.

And here's a drool thought for you: can you imagine if Poch had this squad with Bale instead of Andros? :)

And Everton, who we completely dominated, and Swansea. We're looking at 8 additional points right there, which would have put us comfortably in first. But even if we had managed a couple of those, we'd still be in the title (yes, title!) mix. But the results will come, as long as we continue our trend of having outplayed every opponent and it is beginning to show: 4w 2d in the last 6 games. I think that is quite telling, even more so considering the number of injuries we have.

And here's a drool thought for you: can you imagine if Poch had this squad with Bale instead of Andros? :)

If my aunt had testicles she would be my uncle........

I still think Townsend is more valuable in our system than Dembele. He also of a better age and doesn't have a short contract like MD.

Swapping Townsend for Berahino would also imbalanced, with 3 LWFs (Son, Berahino and Njie) and only 1 RWF (Lamela)
At least wait until he starts playing badly before you come up with this crap.

Townsend is younger that is true!
But Andros is sadly totally expendable and I'd swap him for Berahino in a heartbeat and I dont even like Berahino that much.

Back