• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

^ I think 1&3 will be two birds with one Berahino shaped stone - either in Jan or the summer, even if not him I think we'll be signing a player of that kind (CF who can play WF too)

For the time being Dembele is the backup to Dier - long term he either shows himself able to play how Poch wants him to or he is replaced next summer, right now I wouldn't put money on the latter

#1 Alternative to Kane - big issue for me over a season and were crying out for that player
#2 Alternative/back up to Dier (DM version of Dier) for me we have more central midfield options than anyone now but I get your concern. I just look at who we had there now and who our competitors have and we look strong IMO
#3 Wide attacking player that scores (option instead of Chadli/Lamela) Isn't that Son?

I still think Townsend is more valuable in our system than Dembele. He also of a better age and doesn't have a short contract like MD.

Swapping Townsend for Berahino would also imbalanced, with 3 LWFs (Son, Berahino and Njie) and only 1 RWF (Lamela)

Townsend is clearly no wanted IMO and

Njie seems to play anywhere in attack and can play right or left so far

Son has played both ides and central too

Townsend would get decent resale value too

Townsend is clearly no wanted IMO and

Njie seems to play anywhere in attack and can play right or left so far

Son has played both ides and central too

Townsend would get decent resale value too

He played 35 games last season and there hasn't been any strong links about him moving anywhere (the one to Villa clearly being ridiculous as his negative feelings towards Sherwood were quite widely known)

#1 Alternative to Kane
#2 Alternative/back up to Dier (DM version of Dier)
#3 Wide attacking player that scores (option instead of Chadli/Lamela)

- Son/Njie
- Bentaleb (and hopefully soon Winks and/or Veljkovic)
- Son/Njie (and hopefully soon Oduwa)

I think giving this group time and space to blossom is more important than more churn.

- Son/Njie

I think giving this group time and space to blossom is more important than more churn.

I don't think Son or Njie are alternatives to Kane at all. Njie is too raw; Son looks like a very good player but not an out and out CF....would need us to be able to play in a very different style and I don't think we're experienced enough to be able to vary tactics dependent on who the CF is

Reactions: DTA
agreed, i'm not thinking about results, i'm thinking about performance, we've played 10 games this season and unquestionably been the better side in every single one, we are really building something great here, patience needs to be afforded

For me, the pleasing thing this season hasn't necessarily been how good our performances have been, but more that we haven't had any awful ones.

Usually with Spurs, in a run of 10 games we'd have a couple games where we were awful and the opposition really only needed to turn up and have a pulse in order to beat us. That's not the case this year. Also, when we the last time we'd conceded the fewest goals in the league after 10 games?

The acid test was the Liverpool game, a bad record against them,all the hype over klopp and missing Dier. Yet we more than matched them. But it was the way we did it as well. Calm, resolute and with intelligence.

The Berahino stuff on deadline day was just for show IMO. I think it was dead several days before.

It was just like we pulled out of selling Fazio a few weeks before deadline when we settled on not getting a new CM
I disagree.... Our first bid of any reasonable amount for Berahino was on deadline day... Levy thought he could nick him off of West Brom because the player clearly wanted to come and was prepared to kick up a bit of fuss.

I still think Townsend is more valuable in our system than Dembele. He also of a better age and doesn't have a short contract like MD.

Swapping Townsend for Berahino would also imbalanced, with 3 LWFs (Son, Berahino and Njie) and only 1 RWF (Lamela)
Again I disagree. I think Son, N'jie and Berahino could all play on the right. I also think that Dembele is more valuable than Towsend (especially against teams where we need the ability to hold the ball up further up the pitch).

- Son/Njie

Neither Son or N'Jie look like they are number 9s to me
I'm not sure that Winks is a 'holding' midfielder. I think he plays in the same position as Mason. I don't think Veljkovic is good enough unfortunately.

He played 35 games last season and there hasn't been any strong links about him moving anywhere (the one to Villa clearly being ridiculous as his negative feelings towards Sherwood were quite widely known)

I hear that time and time again, in training, he tantalizes all, but in matches he doesn't deliver the same. I think he will be sold if Poch gets Pritchard fit and raring.

I don't think so. It seemed that we pulled the plug on Lamela going a few days before the end of the window whereas we were making bids for Berahino right up until a couple of hours before the transfer deadline.
Interesting because that would have meant spending more than we recouped for how many windows?

- Son/Njie

Two things

- Not sure I agree re backup to Kane options .. just feels super light
- I agree with getting this group to grow, but we balance a risk with injuries/form

Look at yesterday's game - Bentaleb, Son, Chadli not available, Dembele, Townsend recently back from injuries and Kane and Eriksen sporting heavy strapping on their knees, our first 11 works, but the depth can go away very quickly.

Can I ask where you think we need to strengthen?

For me we need a genuine alternative to Kane and that's it for the season. If we can do that we can get top 4 for me and maybe higher

Yes an alternative to Kane is one of the three required.

I would also say we are missing the stellar player in central midfield....dont get me wrong the likes of Bentaleb, Mason, especially Dier & Alli have the potential to be major stars but obviously they are not yet ready imo to deliver consistency on a regular basis...We need a bit of experience in the dm/cm role...with a touch of class.....hey we were spoilt when we had Modric....this sort of stellar cm.....

Thirdly I believe we are missing another quality goal scoring winger....Chadli, Townsend, Njie are not able to cut the mustard for me....Lamela is potentially brilliant but liable to frustrate...no I think we need something more there.......

so basically if we can persuade Madrid to give us back Bale and Modric we will start woofing on a regualr basis :)

Back