• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Knee jerk thread,

I disagree mate. I just see that in away matches we have more opportunity to counter and more space for Bale and Lennon to run. I'm going to do a little bit of a study on it soon, but our use of the central space, regardless of where we are playing, is a joke and at the moment it doesn't matter who plays AM, it is a wasted position. The amount of times I've seen one of out CMs holding the ball around the centre circle and no one to play forward to because all movement has gone too far forward or out wide is a joke.

Agreed. I just can't believe we've gone from VDV to Dempsey. The difference is massive

Couldnt be bothered to read the thread...... but we're fourth for fudges sake!! And that with alot of new players, a new manager and a whole bunch of injuries! We haven't even played our strongest 11 yet this season.

Couldnt be bothered to read the thread...... but we're fourth for fudges sake!! And that with alot of new players, a new manager and a whole bunch of injuries! We haven't even played our strongest 11 yet this season.

=D>

Thing is though, look at his options given who's fit.
Of course AVB has some question marks, he's an odd man with OCD who is apparently obsessed with U2, so right there we should ask questions, and questions are fine, but people dog piling Defoe every week because he is not Ade (thank fudge he isn't, if he was, we'd have two strikers throwing strops left and right) don't get a free pass.

I don't think that's the worst trait for a manager.

Whilst for many people it can be debilitating, for others it is the thing that drives them to achieve greatness - Einstein, Michelangelo, Beethoven, Darwin, dingdongens, Kubrick etc.

I think AVB is definitely in the Wenger/Hoddle style of management, and that's something I'm quite comfortable with, if we allow him to surround himself with players who get and buy-into him.

I'd rather have a manager who completely obsesses over tactics (and crap music), than one who completely obsessed with himself and with money anyway.

We've played 3 of last season's top 6 already though.

Yep, we now have Wigan, City, Arsenal, West Ham and Liverpool. December it's all midtable dross (Fulham, Villa, Everton, Swansea, Stoke, Sunderland).

fudge me, that's 11 games in 2 months, not counting cups. Massive period.

Did we just win an away game?

Some of our fans are serious fudging clowns to be honest! We've lost our two best players, only replacing one sort of. We're missing four top players. We've got four or five new players being integrated into the team. We've got a new manager and are trying to adapt to a new system. Given all the above we are fourth, and five points of first and yet you Jessies are whining about some crap performances get a grip or stick a dildo up yer snozz you facking fannies!!!

Hey go fudge yourself dingdonghead, lambert did a great job with norwich getting them up the leagues and in the premership, he tried to play good footballer but also knew when he had to be defensive. Good manager who deserves a shot at a good club.
Do you know why so many fans are critical of avb? because it is obvious from watching him that he is sslow to see things that every spurs fan can see, that we cant pass the ball to each other so he brings on a workhorsse like livermore instead of someone like carroll who can pass the ball, tells you all you need to know about avb and his idea of football.

You want to be a fan boy of avb go for it, i will give him to the end of the season before i make up my mind, but if you can not see what is infront of your eyes then your deluded. A lot of fans seem to think that sticking by someone makes them more of a fan this sort of blind faith that people also show to political parties is pathetic. I called out on redknapp one of the first on here to do that.

Im not ssaying avb is ready to go or anything like that, but he at the moment is not learning from some very big mistakes and we are not looking very good, from a coach who is meant to be so good and highly rated i find this very worrying.

Worst game i have seen us play in recent seasons is against chelsea in the semi last year because redknapp seemed so lost in that match, avb is doing similar this year, i do not know how we just hung on for 3 point today.

Although I like your reply,the starting bit shows lets you down!

Bu at least your causally express your opinion rather then outlandish statements, but you say you haven't made up your mind but you clearly clearly have. Ad I'm no avb fanboy like you say, but I'm a spurs SUPPORTER and realise the man has been given no time and our squad has been decimated and he didn't get the players he wanted. I UNDERSTAND the situation and know people need to be given time, but saying that, we're 4th so not only is everything (and everyone) against AVB but he's still producing the results. Wy can't all haters understand this and maybe, just maybe, realise their making rash judgments?

But objectively, some points I agree with. I think he should just play lloris. I hate Defoe up front on his own with a passion, but ade is injured, or he's a taco, either way were doing the only thing we can do - play our only fit striker.
I'm also not a massive fan of the negative subs, but I think if we had another striker we'd bring him on instead of a midfielder, and I don't think Livermore would get game time if we had dembele or even better mouthino.

Bt remember, this is a new TNT manager who's just come to us. Give him time and can't we all be more positive, it breeds you know!

Chances are BAE, Kaboul, Dembele and possible Parker and Ade would be in our starting line up if they were fit and on form. Now without these players AVB has got us to 4th place in the league. I could easily see us improving when these key players are match fit. Now taking these issues into consideration I find it unbelievable that there are so many of you slagging AVB and the team off.

Chances are BAE, Kaboul, Dembele and possible Parker and Ade would be in our starting line up if they were fit and on form. Now without these players AVB has got us to 4th place in the league. I could easily see us improving when these key players are match fit. Now taking these issues into consideration I find it unbelievable that there are so many of you slagging AVB and the team off.

I agree

that would be the rational way to look at our season so far

We have a winner!

I don't get why AVB keeps taking off Hudd when we're under pressure when the only player to bring on is Livermore.

Was watching Dortmund vs Real this midweek, the instant Dortmund scored their 2-1 goal their manager Klopp pointed to the technically very good Gundogan and brought him on for one of the two more traditional defensive midfielders they started the game with (Bender iirc). Logic being that you know you're going to be put under pressure, you need someone who is good on the ball so you can relieve some of that pressure, set up counter attacks and keep possession under pressure.

Taking off the best passer we had on the pitch just invites more pressure. We do miss Dembele rather desperately and if AVB can't trust Hudd more than he does then we have to bring in another central play maker in January.

Hudd just ain't match fit. He is a big bloke and has been out for a year. I support that sub but that is an interesting emboldened point you make.

It's about:
- a comfortable win vs. an uneasy win
- scoring more goals and having a better goal difference for a top 4 team
- having a striker is looking like those at of man c, Man U, arsenal to improve from last season
- being happy about the current position vs. being cautious about the future

half-empty vs. half-full...... Chill people. False dichotomies at work here. Lets try acknowledging all possibilities:
i.e. "happy we won and can understand the concerns"

It's about:
- having a striker is looking like those at of man c, Man U, arsenal to improve from last season

half-empty vs. half-full...... Chill people. False dichotomies at work here. Lets try acknowledging all possibilities:

agreed

The real question ultimately is: are we in a false position?

Absolutely! Were we the better side today? You betcha!
Brad Friedel only had one save to make all game. And they scored from the rebound!!
Gallas made three crucial stops and people here are are saying he was crap.
Don't get me wrong, we were crap second half but we won. When we were crap under HR we lost. That is an improvement.

It's about:

=D>..spot fudging on.

It's about:

Bingo!

Back