• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Josh Onomah

Give him time because he is young, but he HAS to work harder on the pitch imo. Whatever your level, you can always work hard.

If you're Messi, take a breather, have a stroll sometimes. Everyone else needs to work like a b@stard.

How much time? He wont see much more game time this season, barring early FA Cup rounds, and he doesn't really deserve too. He could at least run so that its clear that he's making an effort. Janssen hasn't been as good as we had hoped this season but no-one can doubt that he's working his nuts off. Onomah needs to go out on loan - hopefully someone can get him actually putting some effort in. He also looks like a kid playing in men's football at the moment, so needs to overcome that transition and the PL isn't the place to do that

How much time? He wont see much more game time this season, barring early FA Cup rounds, and he doesn't really deserve too. He could at least run so that its clear that he's making an effort. Janssen hasn't been as good as we had hoped this season but no-one can doubt that he's working his nuts off. Onomah needs to go out on loan - hopefully someone can get him actually putting some effort in. He also looks like a kid playing in men's football at the moment, so needs to overcome that transition and the PL isn't the place to do that

Dunno how much more time really mate, I'm just wary of writing off players of his age. Whereas Carroll is what, 24? So we can probably say he ain't gonna get any better and he needs to be moved on so the next crop of youngsters get the game time.

Dunno how much more time really mate, I'm just wary of writing off players of his age. Whereas Carroll is what, 24? So we can probably say he ain't gonna get any better and he needs to be moved on so the next crop of youngsters get the game time.

Agree about Carroll - not good enough and better to play Winks, which Poch is doing this season.

Similarly, I would prefer to give Edwards (when fit again) game time in preference to Onomah as he seems to have more about him and get involved more. Both already have Lamela, Son, Sissoko, GKN, Alli and Eriksen ahead of them for the 3 spots behind the CF as it is. At least we can tell what sort of player Edwards is looking to become, whereas its not clear what Onomah's main attributes are meant to be. The closest thing I can come up with is Jenas - languid style, never working that hard, an ok touch, similar height and physique, more attacking than defensive,....but his appearances really haven't given many clues about this yet

I think a loan move would be good for him, i can not see him getting much play time here i think Winks is ahead of him from what i have seen.

I think a loan move would be good for him, i can not see him getting much play time here i think Winks is ahead of him from what i have seen.

I think a loan might be good come Jan if we are knocked out of CL and won't require squad depth. I thought he had a good first 60 then completely lost it. However he is a CM and needs to play there to see him at his best. Like what the above says - he really faded badly.

However I thought Winks was poor, Wimmer was poor, CCV was shown up too many times, Davies was poor, Dier was crap, N'Koudou very poor.

Bad day at the office for a lot of players and we shouldn't single out one or two kids.

I think a loan might be good come Jan if we are knocked out of CL and won't require squad depth. I thought he had a good first 60 then completely lost it. However he is a CM and needs to play there to see him at his best. Like what the above says - he really faded badly.

However I thought Winks was poor, Wimmer was poor, CCV was shown up too many times, Davies was poor, Dier was crap, N'Koudou very poor.

Bad day at the office for a lot of players and we shouldn't single out one or two kids.

I was not singling out anyone from tonights game at all, i am talking about what i have seen so far from both players and (imo)Winks seems to be further forward then Onomah in his progression.

I was going to make the same point. I don't think that he was any worse than more established (or more expensive) players.

I was not singling out anyone from tonights game at all, i am talking about what i have seen so far from both players and (imo)Winks seems to be further forward then Onomah in his progression.

He is a year older I guess. I like both although Onomah has 25 appearances for us now whereas Winks would be on 5.

Onomah is a great athlete who has unbelievable ability and I always have said that if we makes it as a CM then he could go all the way - however I think he needs a loan as he looks a bit green at times. Winks too although he is probably already a more complete player in terms of fulfilling potential so perhaps not.

It is also ridiculous that these players get thrown in a B team and don't shine. Put Wanyama or Dembele next to them and they will perform better by some way.

He is a year older I guess. I like both although Onomah has 25 appearances for us now whereas Winks would be on 5.

Onomah is a great athlete who has unbelievable ability and I always have said that if we makes it as a CM then he could go all the way - however I think he needs a loan as he looks a bit green at times. Winks too although he is probably already a more complete player in terms of fulfilling potential so perhaps not.

It is also ridiculous that these players get thrown in a B team and don't shine. Put Wanyama or Dembele next to them and they will perform better by some way.

I can't dance with that, as you say a loan will do him more good especially if we can get a better loan then we got for Pritchard.

Onomah has looked miles better in the brief cameos he has had then he did tonight... Tonight for me he was awful and looked as though he didn't want to be there

But as I said in the Liverpool thread he is 19 now and the club rate him highly and have faith. They know him better than any of us and who thought Kane could come good when you saw him as a 19 year old... Be honest

I agree with the last paragraph LCLC, an old head in the middle of the park would have made a big difference.
Paying for Sissoko's suspension.

I can't dance with that, as you say a loan will do him more good especially if we can get a better loan then we got for Pritchard.

Onomah's ceiling is very high and if he played with Wanyama I think he could look very good (as long as he worked) - or perhaps he really is the new Pogba :(

Onomah has looked miles better in the brief cameos he has had then he did tonight... Tonight for me he was awful and looked as though he didn't want to be there

But as I said in the Liverpool thread he is 19 now and the club rate him highly and have faith. They know him better than any of us and who thought Kane could come good when you saw him as a 19 year old... Be honest

To be honest mate i have not seen anything from him so far, only saw him on the box tonight and you know as well as i do watching on TV rarely gives you the full picture. That's why i said earlier i was not making a judgement on his performance tonight but in the games i have seen him in previously, he may turn out to be a top player but he has looked lost when i have seen him so far.

Onomah's ceiling is very high and if he played with Wanyama I think he could look very good (as long as he worked) - or perhaps he really is the new Pogba :(

And that is why getting him out on loan ( to a decent club) will help show us what he can do on a regular basis.

To be honest mate i have not seen anything from him so far, only saw him on the box tonight and you know as well as i do watching on TV rarely gives you the full picture. That's why i said earlier i was not making a judgement on his performance tonight but in the games i have seen him in previously, he may turn out to be a top player but he has looked lost when i have seen him so far.

The club think so.. I haven't seen enough but others have

The player I can't get is CCV. He just doesn't look big enough for me to be a centre back.... Yet I've even heard Kane talk about how he bullies him

The club think so.. I haven't seen enough but others have

The player I can't get is CCV. He just doesn't look big enough for me to be a centre back.... Yet I've even heard Kane talk about how he bullies him

He is a big unit but i have not seen him play in the youth set up and Two/three games for the first team is not a good enough example to say to be honest.

And that is why getting him out on loan ( to a decent club) will help show us what he can do on a regular basis.

So far it does seem that Poch prefers to hold onto the youth players who are on the fringes of the first team squad and have them train with the first team. It will be interesting to see what happens in January.

So far it does seem that Poch prefers to hold onto the youth players who are on the fringes of the first team squad and have them train with the first team. It will be interesting to see what happens in January.

He does and I get it but it isn't how some of the better ones that have came through have developed but IIRC Ledley never went on loan for example

Just got to trust the man in charge

You are right he does, i just think that the chances of him playing enough games here to really progress ( or show he can) may be limited. I guess we will see what happens.

Back