• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Josh Onomah

You may be right but i think when everyone is fit ( if that happens) it going to be harder for Onomah to get as many games as he did last year.

Yep. Being in the Champions League does deny the youngsters the opportunities that the EL offers. I think that there will be chances for him to make the bench in the PL and I would expect Poch to give him game time in the FA Cup.

Yep. Being in the Champions League does deny the youngsters the opportunities that the EL offers. I think that there will be chances for him to make the bench in the PL and I would expect Poch to give him game time in the FA Cup.

Well you know my answer to that d'ont you. ;)

What I am puzzled about is that the young footballers coming up nowadays are so good damn similar! Not just at our club, but everywhere! They are all comfortable with the ball, good passers, good awareness, but none have any extreme abilities! There is no Carrol (the big one) air superiority, no one with a really vicious shot, extremely pacey, really powerful and so on. They all seem to come from the same mould. But it's extreme qualities by different players put together that win games.

^^ Probably a product of the fervent attempt to"streamline" the production of players. Perhaps, in the pursuit of ever more refined analysis, academies are just turning into sausage factories, churning out shades of beige.

Onomah has looked miles better in the brief cameos he has had then he did tonight... Tonight for me he was awful and looked as though he didn't want to be there

But as I said in the Liverpool thread he is 19 now and the club rate him highly and have faith. They know him better than any of us and who thought Kane could come good when you saw him as a 19 year old... Be honest

[smug mode] I always said Kane would make it as a Sherringham-style and position CF given its always been clear he has a good football brain and touch. I still think he'll end up playing just off a pure no 9

I also disagree about his cameos - he rarely (or never) plays a key pass or has a decent shot. I don't like knocking young players however people on here seem to think Onomah is going to be a world star yet he shows nothing, which again I would cut him some slack for if it looked as if he was actually trying

Neither showed themselves in great light but I saw Nkodu play well when eh came in vs CSKA. I've never seen Onomoah get near to having that impact in a game

Agree with that. GKN looks 'raw' though more composed than Njie (the man he replaced) and has more of a brain than Njie. As an option off the bench, he is potentially useful given his extreme pace might be valuable against tired defenders. The problem with GKN is that he seems to want to play quite wide which doesn't really work in Poch's system (ask Aaron Lennon). As you say, Onomah has never really had an impact on any game and I'm not sure why you would ever bring him off the bench, apart from to waste time, as I can't see what he does or even is meant to do. Marcus Edwards would be a better option give its clearer what he is and what he can add to a game

What I am puzzled about is that the young footballers coming up nowadays are so good damn similar! Not just at our club, but everywhere! They are all comfortable with the ball, good passers, good awareness, but none have any extreme abilities! There is no Carrol (the big one) air superiority, no one with a really vicious shot, extremely pacey, really powerful and so on. They all seem to come from the same mould. But it's extreme qualities by different players put together that win games.
Wasn't Nathan Oduwa all tricks and flair? not of the same mold, perhaps those "uneven" players are felt to be to risky to progress over the standard, agree with yoru general point though.

Onomah needs more games which apply to many of the young ones from last nights game.

Onomah believes he is a lot better than he actually is. Last night I hope was an reality check and a wake up call for many of them and the management.

The youngsters from the two sides did not bare comparison. Sadly

Onomah needs more games which apply to many of the young ones from last nights game.

Onomah believes he is a lot better than he actually is. Last night I hope was an reality check and a wake up call for many of them and the management.

The youngsters from the two sides did not bare comparison. Sadly

To be fair we had two in attack, one in midfield and one at centre back

They had a kid at full back at and other in midfield. IMO their players had more comfortable positions to play in and were at home which again IMO makes it a little easier

To be fair we had two in attack, one in midfield and one at centre back

They had a kid at full back at and other in midfield. IMO their players had more comfortable positions to play in and were at home which again IMO makes it a little easier

Yes that is true. I also wanted to correct my post "The youngsters from the two sides did not bare comparison. Sadly"

The Liverpool lads were more composed in the 'key moments". We pass it around at the back nicely but I'm very worried that we are preparing our academy players to play in a 'nice' way.

We need to get them out there learning the same lessons as Dele. But last night was a big big worry upfront IMHO...........to be continued......

I thought Onmomah offered nothing tonight personally

I think he was our best youngster for 60mins. He carried the ball well and used it intelligently. He faded really badly second half but nearly all of our team poor as were our kids....

Like against Dortmund last year - poch should not be throwing a team full of kids and reserves like that as it is not a fair environment for any kid to shine. Winks and Onomah have about 300mins of football
Between this year and have zero momentum, match fitness and confidence as a result. The odd one may swim but that's a sure fire way ensure they don't fulfill their potential.

Both plauers need a loan

I think a loan move would be good for him, i can not see him getting much play time here i think Winks is ahead of him from what i have seen.

This - not sure whats going on with some of our 'younger' players they are looking pampered and a tad soft.

I think he was our best youngster for 60mins. He carried the ball well and used it intelligently. He faded really badly second half but nearly all of our team poor as were our kids....

Really? Are you Onomah's dad, brother or wife by any chance?!? I thought he was anonymous throughout and, as always, didn't seem to be applying himself. He needs a rocket up his backside

This - not sure whats going on with some of our 'younger' players they are looking pampered and a tad soft.

That's probably because winks and Onomah have been on 6-10k a week since 17 (that will have been increased), train in beautiful surroundings and never have to lift a finger or think individualy. fudge poch and his view on this - a 6 month loan in jan for both to a championshuo club would do wonders for them imo.

Back