• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Josh Onomah

The radio commentary said that he made a good run in that situation but (I think it was Walker) didn't see the run and delayed the pass, which made the chance much harder unnecessarily....is that true from what you saw?

Having just watched it again. There was space there for a second for a weighted through ball, had Walker made the pass I think Onomah would have been through (under pressure). Onomah seemed to halt his run fairly quickly and look for the pass Walker did deliver.

Edit: Slightly amusing situation when Walker got booked for delaying a Swansea free kick. Was the second delay in quick succession from him or he would have gotten away with it. After getting the yellow Walker shoved Onomah in front of the ball as to say "I've done my job, now you stand here".

We are in the CL and would like to challenge for the title next season, so I think he needs to go out on loan. I do not feel comfortable with him starting in either competition at the moment. Sure I would play him in the league cup but there will not be enough games

We are in teh CL and would like t challenge for the title next season, so I think he needs to go out on loan. I do not feel comfortable with him starting in either competition at the moment. Sure I would play him in the league cup but there will not be enough games

He needs to play league 1/2. That's his level. He is brick. Seriously.

He needs to play league 1/2. That's his level. He is brick. Seriously.

He's 19? What about Son? Onomah was much better than Son. The kid made more tackles than Son, Eriksen, Kane, Carroll, Chadli and Vertonghen put together.
Our days of loaning out our best talent to be taught the wrong things at brick clubs are gone.

to be fair he's done nothing in any game i've ever see him in so far. there has been no evidence at all (based on first team appearances) that he is even a footballer. i'm sure he has loads of potential. probably. needs a loan. definitely. with him on the pitch its been akin to playing with ten men.

He's 19? What about Son? Onomah was much better than Son. The kid made more tackles than Son, Eriksen, Kane, Carroll, Chadli and Vertonghen put together.
Our days of loaning out our best talent to be taught the wrong things at brick clubs are gone.

Taught the wrong things? Tell that to Kane, tell that to Pritchard, tell that to any number of players who've had enormously successful spells out on loan (as with Pritchard) or have learned enormously from their time spent at other clubs (Kane, Walker, Rose).

Man, the craziness of this 'we make our players in-house, no more loans' stance is just astonishing. Loans develop players extremely well in many cases, while also opening up squad spots for seasoned rotation players to be brought in that offer temporary boosts to the parent club that can then wait for the young player to develop. Where the idea comes from that we have to fill up every spot beyond our first eleven with players like Onomah, Winks and Carroll to 'develop' them is just utterly beyond me.

to be fair he's done nothing in any game i've ever see him in so far. there has been no evidence at all (based on first team appearances) that he is even a footballer. i'm sure he has loads of potential. probably. needs a loan. definitely. with him on the pitch its been akin to playing with ten men.

He did really well in that one EL game he started, to be fair.

fudge me sideways

I think you have never played a game in you life have youV???

It doesn't take a Maradona to know whether a player is good or not.

Onomah is young but he's far from the finished article and playing him in the EPL is not only damaging our performance but could also hinder the lad's development.

It doesn't take a Maradona to know whether a player is good or not.

Onomah is young but he's far from the finished article and playing him in the EPL is not only damaging our performance but could also hinder the lad's development.
My comments aren't about Onomah - they were about the guy commenting on him

the young un's are not the problem

we need to have a look at the marquee signings, that's where the leadership should come from, the players that have won league titles and played in the last rounds of the CL, that's where the "bottling" has happened

My comments aren't about Onomah - they were about the guy commenting on him

I know, you questioned whether he'd played, as if to say "if you haven't played you aren't entitled to an opinion on the ability of a footballer", that's why I commented you don't have to be Maradona to be able to comment.

I know, you questioned whether he'd played, as if to say "if you haven't played you aren't entitled to an opinion on the ability of a footballer", that's why I commented you don't have to be Maradona to be able to comment.

No you don't... But you need perspective

Perceptive needs to come from a point of relevance

He doesn't look ready yet, I think a loan and lots of senior football would do him good. I think playing a couple of seasons in a lower league with men (as opposed to youth players) has made Alli a much better prepared player for the Premier League.

No you don't... But you need perspective

Perceptive needs to come from a point of relevance

You don't need perspective you need a point of comparison and when you compare him to other players you can see he's far from the level we need for our team.

Back