• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

Can anybody actually sign Ba in this summer? 3 club rule and that?

Also, would be nice to see Caulker get an England cap

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is ready to make an ?ú18m offer for Saudi Sportswashing Machine striker Demba Ba.
Full story: caughtoffside.com

Caughtoffside are laughable, they mustve missed the memo about his ?ú10m release clause haha

Yep someone's telling porkies - probably that website IMO...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7439786/Defoe-cools-Spurs-exit-talk

Defoe cools Spurs exit talk

England frontman insists it is a good time to be at Tottenham

By Rachel Griffiths - Follow me on Twitter @SkySportsRachG. Last Updated: January 18, 2012 1:34pm

The striker has slipped down Harry Redknapp's pecking order at White Hart Lane, with the manager preferring on-loan Emirates Marketing Project hitman Emmanuel Adebayor up front.

After making just seven Premier League starts this season, Defoe has been linked with a move away from North London, with Liverpool thought to be chasing his signature.

But Redknapp has made it clear the England international is not for sale and while the 29-year-old is keen for more game time, he is not targeting a transfer.

"I've been here six years, I've never said that once. I think the fans know that.

"It's just a case of me playing. I could understand if I was 19, 20 and I had time on my hands but I'm 29 now and, like I've always said, all I want to do is play football. It's as simple as that."

Spurs make the trip to Emirates Marketing Project on Sunday knowing a win could take them within two points of the Premier League leaders.

Adebayor is ineligible to face his parent club, which could open the door for Defoe.

The striker, who has scored seven league goals this season, added: "As it stands I'm a Tottenham player and if I do play against Emirates Marketing Project I'll be fully committed. I'm sure everyone knows that at the club."

Third-placed Spurs have not lifted the league trophy since 1961 but Defoe believes they are well-positioned to pull off a shock this season.

Not impossible

"I'm going to say what the manager says - it's not impossible," he said. "I think when you really believe anything is possible.

"The way we're playing is fantastic. The chances we're creating, the intensity we're playing at, the way we move the ball; it's just been great.

"It's a good time to be at the club, everyone is enjoying it."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7440236/Agent-denies-Corluka-Juve-deal

Agent denies Corluka Juve deal

Croatia international has become a bit-part player at Spurs

By Simone Bargellini. Last Updated: January 18, 2012 12:06pm

Tottenham's out-of-favour defender Vedran Corluka's agent has scotched rumours of a move to Juventus.

The 25-year-old has made just three Premier League appearances this term for Spurs, who are currently third in the table.

Corluka arrived at the club in 2008 in a ?ú8.5million deal from Emirates Marketing Project and, after a positive start to his career at White Hart Lane, has now fallen down the pecking order.

It has invariably led to speculation about the Croatia international's future but his agent Nikky-Arthur Vuksanha has cooled talk of a switch.

Juventus

"I am aware of the news about Corluka's possible move to Juventus, but they are just rumours around the player," Vuksanha told calciomercato.com.

"In any case, well for the moment at least, he will not be going to Juve."

Corluka has still managed to retain his place in his national side despite his lack of regular club football, but he will be concerned about his place in the squad for the Euro 2012 finals.

I wish we'd get rid of dos santos already, eventually his contract will run out and we'll get nothing for him!

Against Shamrock Rovers at home

Against Wigan away

Against Cheltenam at home

Call me a dreamer but imo I've seen enough from Gio in these games to be convinced that he could actually do something good for us. In these three games he's shown a willingness to work hard, pace, some good crosses and lets face it, some fudging awesome technique (even if it was robbed by Defoe :cool:)

I think over the course of a 90 minute game with the first XI we'd start to see much more from him.

And in terms of the squad, if we lose him and don't bring in a replacement, I'm not saying he's at bale or Lennon level but he's a hell of a lot pacier than Niko and Pienaar, and that aspect is pretty important to our game.

IIRC it's not as if we've seen Gio plastered kicking off getting thrown out of bars in the back pages, we're basing a couple of throwaway comments from Harry as a reason to not show this player support, when we should be hoping that he becomes a massive success in a Spurs shirt.

Stranger things have happened, one poster on here a while back thought it would be good to sell Bale off to Nottingham Forest to recoup as much money as we could as he was a bit of a flop ;)

Against Shamrock Rovers at home

Against Wigan away

Against Cheltenam at home

Call me a dreamer but imo I've seen enough from Gio in these games to be convinced that he could actually do something good for us. In these three games he's shown a willingness to work hard, pace, some good crosses and lets face it, some fudging awesome technique (even if it was robbed by Defoe :cool:)

I think over the course of a 90 minute game with the first XI we'd start to see much more from him.

And in terms of the squad, if we lose him and don't bring in a replacement, I'm not saying he's at bale or Lennon level but he's a hell of a lot pacier than Niko and Pienaar, and that aspect is pretty important to our game.

IIRC it's not as if we've seen Gio plastered kicking off getting thrown out of bars in the back pages, we're basing a couple of throwaway comments from Harry as a reason to not show this player support, when we should be hoping that he becomes a massive success in a Spurs shirt.

Stranger things have happened, one poster on here a while back thought it would be good to sell Bale off to Nottingham Forest to recoup as much money as we could as he was a bit of a flop ;)

The clue is in the opposition!

He can perform against Championship sides or below (that's what Wigan will be soon), but he is nowhere near PL standard.

Hope we move him on sharpish.

He can perform against Championship sides or below (that's what Wigan will be soon), but he is nowhere near PL standard.

i'm with spurspinter1, thinking that GDS is going to come good, but not for us.

its something else that troubles harry - perhaps attitude or lack of effort - and unfortunately harry wasn't able to turn this ship around this time.

As I said, I think most would have a different view of him if he had been in and around our first XI a bit more. How many thought Bale wasn't PL standard?

Obviously Harry is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't but I think he has been partly to blame with Gio/Niko/Pienaar's continued lack of fitness/games and therefore lack of support/confidence from the fans. There have been a few times where we've been cruising in games and Harry will only sub one of those three on at the 85 minute mark for Bale/Lennon/VDV when if they'd started getting decent minutes on the pitch they would start to pose more of a threat to the starting XI.

Gio can only play against what is in front of him. IMO the only time he's been given a major chance and severly underperformed was against Young Boys away, and let's face it, everyone had a fudging shocker that game (bar Huddlestone who did save it for us). Every other time he's been feeding off scraps and playing in severly weakened teams where it is difficult to look good.

Back