• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

Remy (not that I have seen that much of him), fits a bill

- Any player coming into the side needs to be pacy (main attribute of our game)
- Someone who could provide cover for our Wingers (as a wide RM he can cover for Lennon, Lennon could cover for Bale)
- Potentially provide better cover tha Pav for the 3rd choice Striker

Yes, probably expensive, but Samba, Hoilett and Remy would be a hell of a statement of intent.

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish is ready to test Tottenham with a ?ú10m offer for unsettled striker Jermain Defoe, 29.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Paris Saint-Germain manager Carlo Ancelotti has offered Emirates Marketing Project striker Carlos Tevez a lifeline after Alexandre Pato turned down a ?ú29m move to PSG last week. AC Milan hoped to use the money from the sale of Pato to the French club to fund a move for the Emirates Marketing Project and Argentina striker, but now Ancelotti could pounce instead.
Full story: the Times (subscription required)

However, AC Milan have not given up on their pursuit of 27-year-old Tevez, according to his agent Kia Joorabchian.
Full story: Tuttosport (in Italian)

Bolton boss Owen Coyle is ready to swoop for Tottenham's 22-year-old striker Giovani dos Santos in a ?ú4m deal.

Manchester United forward Dimitar Berbatov is to hold transfer talks with Bayer Leverkusen, while Bayern Munich and Russian side Anzhi Makhachkala are also interested in the 30-year-old. Full story: Sky Sports

Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku, 18, says he will have to consider going out on loan next season if he fails to get more first-team opportunities at Stamford Bridge.
Full story: ESPN

Emirates Marketing Project are set to finalise the ?ú3.5m signing of 15-year-old Real Madrid striker Jose Angel Pozo. He will sign a five-year deal on 15 March, his 16th birthday.
Full story: Daily Mail

Liverpool are targeting a January move for 22-year-old Swansea City winger Scott Sinclair.
Full story: Caughtoffside

OTHER GOSSIP

Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore has leapt to the defence of top-flight referees, claiming they are doing a good job in the face of growing scrutiny.
Full story: talkSPORT

Former Blackburn striker Kevin Gallacher believes the club's youngsters proved their critics wrong by defeating Fulham 3-1 - despite being down to 10 men.

Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher fears his team's disappointing form at home is ruining their chances of finishing in the top four.
Full story: the Sun

AND FINALLY

On-loan Wolves midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong delighted Arsenal fans by pole-axing Tottenham ace Rafael van der Vaart when he fired a ball into his face from point-blank range. The term "Frimponged" quickly started trending on social networking site Twitter.
Full story: Metro

On-loan Wolves midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong delighted Arsenal fans by pole-axing Tottenham ace Rafael van der Vaart when he fired a ball into his face from point-blank range. The term "Frimponged" quickly started trending on social networking site Twitter.

Probably the highlight of their season so far. Says it all

Remy: I will stay at Marseille
January 16, 2012

Email
Print

By ESPNsoccernet staff

Marseille striker Loic Remy has revealed that he is staying in France until at least the end of the season, despite interest from Tottenham.

Loic Remy
GettyImagesLoic Remy celebrates against Lille

ÔÇó Redknapp keen on Remy

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp revealed his desire to sign the 25-year-old in a reported Ôé¼15 million deal last week and travelled to watch Remy score both goals in a 2-0 win over Lille this weekend. However, the striker revealed he would not be moving anywhere.

"I'm staying," he told Canal+. "I will 100% stay at Marseille until the end of the season and even the end of my contract.

"I have spoken with the president and the staff. And it would not be right for me to leave this club. We'll see next summer but that's not even in my head for now."

OM boss Didier Deschamps also said after the game that Spurs were wasting their time.

"I knew Redknapp was here [watching the game]," said Deschamps. "He came to see some players, but he came for nothing. There was no point. 'Wait and see' is what I'd tell him if I saw him.

"They have important economic power, but I have important matches to play. This is not the moment to lose our best players."

oh dear - looks like a botched job. now it confirms that we are looking for a striker and unfortunately we are leaving it late.

Don't worry we'll have our "first choice" striker all ready to be signed on the 31st. Someone like Rasziak or something, so dont worry if we dont get our 3rd or 4th choice strikers during the window.

oh dear - looks like a botched job. now it confirms that we are looking for a striker and unfortunately we are leaving it late.

Hmmm..what do others think about this point?
I'm hoping it actually was a convulated decoy by Harry - perhaps Levy was busy elsewhere dotting the is and ts on our real target....

Now that Samba has submitted a transfer request isn't he no better than Modric.
Shouldn't some of the GG have major issues with Samba now?

cheeky bid?

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news...fp-fbl_wc2014_bra_ita_esp_ronaldinho_20120112

Striker Ronaldinho has threatened to quit his Brazilian club Flamengo unless he receives over $2 million dollars in unpaid wages, his agent and brother Roberto de Assis claimed on Thursday.
But De Assis warned that if the 31-year-old former World Cup winner is not paid immediately he could take up one of several firm offers he has had from teams in Italy, Spain and South America.

I wouldn't have minded Samba, but I would prefer Vertonghen in the summer. I don't think we need a CB in the winter unless it's probable that King/Gallas will miss large chunks of the rest of the season, but he'd be a good replacement.

[Update 35] brownhead re:Targets
Who: brownhead
When: 16/01/12
Where: SC

Spoke to my source earlier, first time in a few months. Hazard is a top target this window. and unrelated, unless he asks him to put in a good word??... Arry had dinner with Joe Cole after the game, but this was not transfer related to him!!! Catch up I suppose?! Levy trying to offer the three out in any way to bring the price down.
Samba is also a top target.
The other new this window big news is we are going to also try for Huntelaar

So basically gonna look to spend big, Levy is all over going for the title, and is confident that if we don't win it, any monies spent will be clawed back with champs lge money anyway, and also with the three out including in deals or sold separate. Oh asked about Leandro and told should happen in summer as long as we don't get gazumped, they play silly buggers, and him changes his mind

If all goes well, I find it hard to believe but my source is top top notch, so???

In Samba
Hazard
Huntelaar

Out Bassong
Dos Santos
Pav

French side Paris Saint-Germain are believed to have made a ?ú25m bid for Emirates Marketing Project striker Carlos Tevez, 27, after City turned down a ?ú21m bid from Italian giants Inter Milan.
Full story: Daily Star

Everton are set to give a trial to 30-year-old USA striker Edson Buddle, who currently plays for German second division side Ingolstadt04.
Full story: Liverpool Echo

Tottenham have placed a ?ú20m pricetag on England striker Jermain Defoe, 29, who had been linked with a ?ú10m bid from Liverpool.

Striker Dimitar Berbatov, 30, is at the centre of a battle between Russia and Germany. The ?ú30.75m striker is wanted by CSKA Moscow, Anzhi Makhachkala, Bayern Munich and one of his former clubs, Bayer Leverkusen.
Full story: Manchester Evening News

Meanwhile, United are set to go head-to-head with Serie A giants Juventus for the signature of 19-year-old Basel midfielder Granit Xhaka.

Lokomotiv Moscow are plotting to scupper Arsenal's attempts to land Cologne striker Lukas Podolski, 26, by blowing them out of the water with a ?ú20m summer bid.

Marseille striker Loic Remy, 25, has turned his back on a January move to Tottenham.
Full story: the Sun

Liverpool are eyeing a move for ?ú5m-rated Swansea striker Scott Sinclair, 22.
Full story: Daily Star

New QPR manager Mark Hughes is stepping up his bid to sign Fulham striker Bobby Zamora, 30.
Full story: London Evening Standard

Blackburn winger Junior Hoilett, 21, looks likely to remain at the club beyond the January transfer window, despite reported interest from Tottenham and a diminishing contract which expires in the summer.
Full story: International Business Times

And Rovers have priced wantaway defender Chris Samba, 27, at ?ú15m - and claimed the defender, a target for QPR and Spurs, owes them money after they gave him a six-figure loan to pay for improvements to his house.

Freiburg striker Patinkle Cisse, 26, says he is "flattered" by the interest shown in him by Premier League side Sunderland.
Full story: Goal.com and Bild (in German)

Liverpool have stolen a march on a host of European clubs by inviting Swedish side IFK Norrkoping's 14-year-old striker Abdul Aziz for a trial at the club.

Tottenham could be set to make a renewed bid for Atletic Bilbao striker Fernando Llorente, 26, who could cost up to ?ú24m.
Full story: Footybunker

OTHER GOSSIP

Striker Fernando Torres, 27, is believed to have asked Chelsea for extra training sessions to work on his finishing in a bid to end his goal drought.
Full story: London Evening Standard

Midfielder Joey Barton, 29, has ruled out a move from QPR in January and insists he is happy to fight for his place under new manager Mark Hughes.

Bolton manager Owen Coyle believes the club can beat relegation without defender Gary Cahill, 26, who has joined Chelsea.
Full story: Bolton News

Declan Rudd's ankle injury could force Norwich manager Paul Lambert to make an unexpected foray into the transfer market for experienced goalkeeping cover.
Full story: Eastern Daily Press

Defender Jamie Carragher, 33, admits he's flattered that Liverpool want him to stay at Anfield beyond his playing days but insists he is focused purely on winning back a regular place in Kenny Dalglish's side.
Full story: Liverpool Echo

AND FINALLY

Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes, 37, was apparently so in need of a new pair of football boots before his surprise comeback from retirement that he had to pop into his local sports shop and buy a pair for ?ú40.

Prince William can only laugh when asked about Alex McLeish's appointment as Aston Villa manager.
Full story: Birmingham Mail

Berba apparently got on a plane to Frankfurt few days ago

Make of it what you will

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/7434994/Berba-set-for-Leverkusen-talks

Dimitar-Berbatov-plane-455x430.jpg

Back