• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

James Maddison

This isn't banter, it's outright mocking someone. Even if Maddison is cool with it, the next person may not be.

(I hate the word banter as much as I hate people.)

Banter is without doubt the absolute worst thing about football.

It’s always brick, and anyone who lowers themselves to it is a clam.

Saka throwing darts after scoring against us last season was proper banter, in a game where Maddison was an opponent. Maupay's photo just comes across as a petty and pathetic dig at Maddison for not being picked for the Euros, a decision completely unrelated to Maupay. Strange.

Saka throwing darts after scoring against us last season was proper banter, in a game where Maddison was an opponent. Maupay's photo just comes across as a petty and pathetic dig at Maddison for not being picked for the Euros, a decision completely unrelated to Maupay. Strange.

Gloating after beating the your rivals no probs. Just expect it back if results are the other way round next time. This is just a bit weird.

Anyway not bothered about it. Just think it shows a lack of class.

Banter is without doubt the absolute worst thing about football.

It’s always brick, and anyone who lowers themselves to it is a clam.

“Banter” is just used as a get out of jail free card to behave like a clam and say what you want. Then it’s the other person’s fault for not getting it and being too sensitive.

Such a bizarre thing to do. If the little prick really feels the need to take the tinkle then do it about something where he has more leverage. He has zero international caps (and won fudge all).

Exactly. Maupay is a tool, everyone knows it, nothing to see here, onwards.

Maddison likes to dish it out so you’ve got to expect people to come back at you. I don’t know if these two have any history but it does seem like Maupay has started it and has kept it going. If he had done it to Harry Kane then I’d be more surprised as Kane seems to keep to himself and not court anything like this but Maddison isn’t shy about answering to it on the pitch, off the pitch and he’s not afraid to have digs at teams like Villa and Ipswich on twitter as he played for rival clubs to the pair of them. Maupay is a horrible little weasel though. I hope him and Cash are top of Romero’s hit list next season.

Maddison likes to dish it out so you’ve got to expect people to come back at you. I don’t know if these two have any history but it does seem like Maupay has started it and has kept it going. If he had done it to Harry Kane then I’d be more surprised as Kane seems to keep to himself and not court anything like this but Maddison isn’t shy about answering to it on the pitch, off the pitch and he’s not afraid to have digs at teams like Villa and Ipswich on twitter as he played for rival clubs to the pair of them. Maupay is a horrible little weasel though. I hope him and Cash are top of Romero’s hit list next season.

Maddison’s posted stuff about rival teams so everything is fair game? What a bizarre argument.

As far as I can tell he’s got a darts celebration and that attracted the attention of a knobhead like Maupay.

Maddison’s posted stuff about rival teams so everything is fair game? What a bizarre argument.

As far as I can tell he’s got a darts celebration and that attracted the attention of a knobhead like Maupay.

It’s indicative of the fact that Maddison likes getting involved in this kind of stuff. Maupay is a prick who also seems to revel in this kind of brickhousery. Probably suffers from small man syndrome as well. I don’t think Maddison will care too much about what Maupay thinks.

It’s indicative of the fact that Maddison likes getting involved in this kind of stuff. Maupay is a prick who also seems to revel in this kind of brickhousery. Probably suffers from small man syndrome as well. I don’t think Maddison will care too much about what Maupay thinks.

I can’t say I follow Maddison’s every move and social media post. Can you share the ones you’re talking about?

Yes he does, WHEN IT'S RELEVANT, not just random events. Maupay is a disgusting clam.

I’m not saying it’s the same nor am I defending Maupay but Maddison does revel in this sort of thing so you have to expect some of it to come back at you every once in a while.

Once again, please show me where he’s “revelled” in anything even remotely similar.

Once again, please show me where he’s “revelled” in anything even remotely similar.

Well he hasn’t played for Norwich for 6 years and still has fun winding up Ipswich fans. I think some people are taking this a bit too seriously. Yes Maupay is a clam and not a very good footballer but it’s not like he’s celebrating an injury. He’s made fun of Maddison in a clamy way. Maddison could quite easily point out that Maupay has never played for his country despite shamelessly pimping himself out to the national team. Or he could use it as motivation to make sure he’s part of Southgate’s plans after the euros. Or he could choose to ignore it.

Well he hasn’t played for Norwich for 6 years and still has fun winding up Ipswich fans. I think some people are taking this a bit too seriously. Yes Maupay is a clam and not a very good footballer but it’s not like he’s celebrating an injury. He’s made fun of Maddison in a clamy way. Maddison could quite easily point out that Maupay has never played for his country despite shamelessly pimping himself out to the national team. Or he could use it as motivation to make sure he’s part of Southgate’s plans after the euros. Or he could choose to ignore it.
I tend to agree for me the whole thing is being blown out of poportion, anyone who takes things like this seriously should have a word with themselves.

"Banter" can be both be innocent, fun and horrible depending on the context.

I don't know what this is, but it seems to me like the kind of thing that should be ignored, not given attention, forgotten about along with Maupay. Good on Maddison to not respond.

Next time we or any of our players should use any of our attention span on Maupay is when we next play him, wherever he is next. And then only for 90 minutes as he again shows that he's an average footballer playing for an average team.

This would be like one of our squad players picking a twitter fight with one of the Madrid stars, pointless attention seeking that should be ignored.

Hope Maddison is back to his best next season. Seems like he may need his minutes managed and we'll have a lot more games next season. Need a real viable option for him in that role.

Why? You seem to have posted in the mental health thread a bit. Do you fail to see the connection? Mental health is good to talk about, but not at the expense of little bit of 'banter'?

Well i do not believe this is anything more then a dig at another player, what you can see is entirely up to you but having suffered in the past myself [ when i was younger] i fail to see this as anymore then banter but of course you can see it anyway you feel like.

Back