• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

James Maddison

That table doesn't make sense. Maddison and salah both created 66 chances. Maddison played almost 400 mins less than salah but they both have the same cc per 90?

Looks like they’ve simply divided Chances Created by 90 without taking into account minutes played at all.

Maddison should be on 2.76 CC per 90
Kulusevski on 2.11
Son on 2.08

De Bruyne 4.25
Robertson 3.30
Fernandes 3.26
Odegaard 2.96
Gross 2.95
Periera 2.86
Saka 2.76
Alexander-Arnold 2.58
Trippier 2.57
Olise 2.54
Sarabia 2.54
Palmer 2.47
Foden 2.26

Last edited:
To be fair, with the abundance of talent England have in that area of the pitch, he can’t really complain. His form when he returned from injury didn’t justify selection. Harsh but hopefully it gives him a point to prove. Immensely talented lad, the timing just hasn’t worked out for him.

To be fair, with the abundance of talent England have in that area of the pitch, he can’t really complain. His form when he returned from injury didn’t justify selection. Harsh but hopefully it gives him a point to prove. Immensely talented lad, the timing just hasn’t worked out for him.
What is that abundance though in attacking midfield?
The players people are talking about are all wide forwards rather then midfielders
I wouldn’t want Cole palmer or foden dropping deep to get the ball…
But it’s fair to say Maddison has been poor since his injury and of the players selected his form has been the worse imo
At least if this means Wharton goes England do have a passer in midfield

What is that abundance though in attacking midfield?
The players people are talking about are all wide forwards rather then midfielders
I wouldn’t want Cole palmer or foden dropping deep to get the ball…
But it’s fair to say Maddison has been poor since his injury and of the players selected his form has been the worse imo
At least if this means Wharton goes England do have a passer in midfield
I think it means he's going with 2 DMs (Rice and Mainoo) to try and protect the ropey defence, with Bellingham pushing forward to the #10

Not surprising given his form second half of the season and not already being established as an England squad member.

I think it means he's going with 2 DMs (Rice and Mainoo) to try and protect the ropey defence, with Bellingham pushing forward to the #10
Which would be ok against brick teams but not good against Spain in the knock outs
They will pass around them
I’m not anti Mainoo but he isn’t a pass and move player. He is very simailr to rice in the box to box mould.
It should be rice with Wharton. Wharton passes the ball quickly, accurately and positively. That’s something England haven’t had in my lifetime… can’t think of any player other than Gazza who could do it
That’s how you beat better teams by putting them in the back foot
You don’t beat them by chucking more screens in front

Which would be ok against brick teams but not good against Spain in the knock outs
They will pass around them
I’m not anti Mainoo but he isn’t a pass and move player. He is very simailr to rice in the box to box mould.
It should be rice with Wharton. Wharton passes the ball quickly, accurately and positively. That’s something England haven’t had in my lifetime… can’t think of any player other than Gazza who could do it
That’s how you beat better teams by putting them in the back foot
You don’t beat them by chucking more screens in front
Well Carrick and Scholes. Except they never played because of the weird fetish with Lampard and Gerrard

Back