• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

It Evens Itself Out Over A Season - The Ref's A ****

Who is the worst recent Premier League referee?

• Howard "Red" Webb

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • Chris "What a Foy" Foy

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • Mark "Emotional" Clattenburg

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Mike "Give us a Clue" Dean

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uriah "Two Tickets to the UR Show" Rennie

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Mike "Beachball" Jones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A.N.Other

Votes: 4 7.8%

• Total voters
If anything, he was biased towards Arsenal. The number of times that Parker and Modric were fouled and yet the referee ignored the fouls because the two didn't go to ground was ridiculous. I thought that he missed a lot of fouls and advantage didn't necessarily follow for the felled team.

It looks to me as if he's just jumping in order to see over the tangled bodies to get a view of whether the ball crossed the line.

i posted the gif's in the OMT - if the ref reacted that way to a goal we conceded against Arsenal (keeping in mind they have not won in their previous 9 games with him in charge) i imagine we'd be making something out of it - imagine if it was Webb against Man Utd for example

What page did you post it?

How many times did Arsenal players kick the ball away after a free-kick, were they booked? Were they fudge. Modric does it and gets an immediate booking.

Might have some legs if we'd won.

I don't think the ref could have had any real effect on the game, such was our performance.

It was a very very strange way to react and, as Bill said, I imagine would have been picked up by a lot of our fans if it was the opposite, especially if the ref had the same record with us as Dean does with them.

But anyway, there's no conspiracy. Even if he hated Arsenal, he wouldn't be that stupid to show it so openly. He's doing something else, probably what Rose.. said above

Modric gets fouled, obstructed and body-checked though first to the ball about 10-15 times without a foul given. Each game.

I can understand why other fans hate Bale, but it's so odd how loved Modric is despite NO pundit ever noticing how often he gets fouled.

In terms of bodychecking and obstructing the main rule is "first to the ball - right to the ball" and that principle is a.o. how great passing teams like Barcelona live and die. And that's what great football is made of.

And it has fudge all to do with "a mans game" and blah blah blah.

Jesus those gooners make me sick... isn't 5-2 enough for their ****ing mugs?? If Dein was SO bent (heh, 'Dein' 'ArseAnal' & 'bent' in the same sentence... oh the historical irony!) then there's no way we'd have been on the wrong end of a 5-2 hiding... now Clattenburg/OT/Mendes... THERE'S yer Referee conspiracy against us, and it got us precisely fudge all!

How many points are we owed now?

How many decisions could have gone our way but havent over the course of the season.

I include the europa cup in this (PAOK).

Anyway, how many points are we owed to karmically balance out the season?

I am counting a fair few.... and when you think luck might balance itself out, it shoots straight for the foot metaphorically against the team we needed it against and are owed by the most (mendes...etc).

Am I losing my mind, or is GHod enjoying being sadistical!

wolves, chelsea, stoke, stevenage

4 disallowed goals for adebayor !?

Now how many decisions have gone our way, and have gained us lucky points during the season?

Were STILL owed for the Stoke game. And were owed at least 30 decisions against United over the next few seasons. Just 1 big one would be nice against United.

Back