• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

It Evens Itself Out Over A Season - The Ref's A ****

Who is the worst recent Premier League referee?

• Howard "Red" Webb

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • Chris "What a Foy" Foy

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • Mark "Emotional" Clattenburg

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Mike "Give us a Clue" Dean

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uriah "Two Tickets to the UR Show" Rennie

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Mike "Beachball" Jones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A.N.Other

Votes: 4 7.8%

• Total voters
Ooh I forgot 2 red cards vs Emirates Marketing Project, and a leg extension for Defoe.

Well, of the decisions that have gone our way;

Walker handball in the area against Fulham
Adebayor hand-ball in the area against Saudi Sportswashing Machine (home)
Bale penalty against Arsenal
Cahill's harsh red card for Bolton

That's just off the top of my head, I'm sure there's a lot more. So it's not all karmic persecution.

but this is MY point... so, perhaps we lost 2 points against fulham if they equalised.

Ok, in balancing the bank of about 10 points owed to us, where do you find the other 8...?

What we may need is a professional PR guru to get into the mind of the refs, like fergie does. He heavily criticiyed Atkinson last season, and Atkinson may have erred on the side of United today.

That's just off the top of my head, I'm sure there's a lot more. So it's not all karmic persecution.

Ok, in balancing the bank of about 10 points owed to us, where do you find the other 8...?

What we may need is a professional PR guru to get into the mind of the refs, like fergie does. He heavily criticiyed Atkinson last season, and Atkinson may have erred on the side of United today.

brick thread.

The players need to be able to deal with it when everything doesn't go their way instead of dropping their heads. We've not had much worse than numerous other teams.

Stoke more than made up for those games and the rest! There were at least 7 absolute howlers from Foy in that game.

Even if he gave us two hundred penalties and sentenced Tony Pulis to seven thousand hours of community service in Somalia, we still would only have gained three points from that game. So it's not really the be all and end all, per se. ;)

The fans, and players, need to get over trying to blame the refs and some ambiguous conspiracy for all our defeats. We end up feeling sorry for ourselves. 22 games since we last beat Man utd. 17 of those losses. How are we gonna blame that on the refs? We need to change our mentality going into games like that, especially against them.

For the most part, you make your own luck.

Stooping to their level? Nah, I'll pass. I have no qualms with our players disputing decisions on the pitch, but trying to influence the referee off it is tantamount to cheating in my opinion, and I'm glad we don't do it very often.

and as for 'balancing points owed to us', count those all you want if it makes you happy. United or City will finish top and claim their trophy, but they in no way deserved it, because if we had gotten the points 'owed to us', we would have pipped them both to the top. Try telling that to Modric or Bale if they start agitating for a move this summer. 'If the refs hadn't interfered, we would have finished top and not fifth, honest!'. Try telling that to City or United fans who'll claim another trophy in the vault and another step away from us in terms of footballing appeal. Try telling that to Arsenal fans who'll gloat to hell and back as they finish above us.

You think that the predictions above are a bit too apocalyptic? no, they're not. That is what will happen if our players adopt the same 'we're owed points' mentality. The game doesn't care if you're owed points by referees, it doesn't care if you feel sorry for yourself; indeed, it punishes you for feeling sorry for yourself. What our players need to be doing is forgetting about decisions that didn't go their way and concentrating on controlling a game to such an extent that a few wrong decisions are irrelevant to the outcome.That is the winner's mentality. That is what wins titles and trophies. Not constant grief about points wrestled away from us by conniving, evil referees.

VIDEO TECHNOLOGY

If fairness counts, we would be doing rather well!

I agree about introducing technology but until then, this really is pointless. Refs don't hate spurs, everyone has games where horrible decisions go against them because refs are human beings who mistakes.

OH please. We got absolutely rocked today. Had nothing to do with the refs.

Did we though? We didn't lose because of the ref today, but we were the better side weren't we? They were just more clinical and pretty much scored each time they went forward. Basically similar to how we performed away to Fulham which was and still is slated so much by our own fans, yet when Utd do it to us "we were rocked"

I think Ade's goal should have been given, but I am certain it would have made zero difference to the result.

Back