• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

Does anyone have any experience of watching England games at Wembley? It's been years since I last went to Wembley and I'm thinking of trying to take my boys to the Malta qualifier in November.

Anyone got any tips for best place to get tickets, which section is best for kids etc.?

Does anyone have any experience of watching England games at Wembley? It's been years since I last went to Wembley and I'm thinking of trying to take my boys to the Malta qualifier in November.

Anyone got any tips for best place to get tickets, which section is best for kids etc.?
Join the FA England Supporters club - https://www.englandfootball.com/england/mens-senior-team/England-Supporters-Travel-Club

I've been quite a few times in the last few years and it's a much nicer experience than previously, helps having players the fans like I think

It's still brick Wembley though

Merson

England midfield selections are ridiculous
When the squad came out, Trent Alexander-Arnold was one of the midfielders. If you're James Ward-Prowse, you're thinking: 'I'm never playing for England.'
You've got someone [Jordan Henderson] who's playing in the Saudi league in front of 6,000 people every week and then you've got Ward-Prowse, who's playing very well for West Ham
He's been one of the game changers but he doesn't get a look in. It's ridiculous.

Alexander-Arnold is a defender. He played one game in midfield for England against Malta. I mean… Malta. I expect a professional footballer in the Premier League to be able to do well in midfield against Malta.
And what about Kalvin Phillips? He doesn't play football
When I played, if Gazza [Paul Gascoigne] wasn't playing, he wouldn't get picked - and he was the best player by a million miles
If Gareth Southgate had been ripping it up when he was playing at Aston Villa, but there was a centre half getting picked in front of him who wasn't playing for his club, he'd have been fuming. Who wouldn't?
Gareth will say: 'These players don't let me down.' But the problem is, the day they do, he's in big trouble. He's putting his neck on the line

Merson

When the squad came out, Trent Alexander-Arnold was one of the midfielders. If you're James Ward-Prowse, you're thinking: 'I'm never playing for England.'
You've got someone [Jordan Henderson] who's playing in the Saudi league in front of 6,000 people every week and then you've got Ward-Prowse, who's playing very well for West Ham
He's been one of the game changers but he doesn't get a look in. It's ridiculous.

Alexander-Arnold is a defender. He played one game in midfield for England against Malta. I mean… Malta. I expect a professional footballer in the Premier League to be able to do well in midfield against Malta.
When I played, if Gazza [Paul Gascoigne] wasn't playing, he wouldn't get picked - and he was the best player by a million miles
If Gareth Southgate had been ripping it up when he was playing at Aston Villa, but there was a centre half getting picked in front of him who wasn't playing for his club, he'd have been fuming. Who wouldn't?
Gareth will say: 'These players don't let me down.' But the problem is, the day they do, he's in big trouble. He's putting his neck on the line

Worst part is one of the games is a friendly. An opportunity to try new players and roles. See what works, what doesn't and get players experience of playing for england. Nope. Going to go with the aging players that aren't good enough.

Please tell me southgate is gone after the euros?

I bet you Maddison doesn't start !!
It should be Rice, Bellingham and Maddison as a 3 !!
I bet Henderson/Phillips is one of the starters

Merson

Is merson sober? Talking sense.

Merson

I agrée with Merson :eek:

I hope Southgate fudges off after this Euro’s we can’t have another golden generation ruined by someone who hasn’t got a clue.

I hope Southgate fudges off after this Euro’s we can’t have another golden generation ruined by someone who hasn’t got a clue.

Lads, ye have won 1 tournament in 100 years. This fella, like him or not, has been your second best manager. Better than revered names like Bobby Robson and Terry Venables.

Lads, ye have won 1 tournament in 100 years. This fella, like him or not, has been your second best manager. Better than revered names like Bobby Robson and Terry Venables.

Ramos won more trophies with us than redknapp and poch. Which did you prefer?

Name me how many top teams we played against in the last 2/3 major tournaments? We have had the easiest pathway to semi finals and finals and as soon as we come up against the big teams we lose. Only big team i can remember us beating is Germany and they were on the decline. The guys a joke.

upload_2023-9-9_8-2-5.png

Jude Bellingham and Declan Rice will be expected to dominate the midfield, but is this the sort of game where Southgate will include an in-form James Maddison alongside them as a number 10? I'd say that is very doubtful.

And so we could well see the equally controversial inclusion of Jordan Henderson to offer further solidity and defensive cover (or maybe Conor Gallagher if Southgate feels he wants to move the ball forward through the thirds more quickly).

Back