• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

And TBH have to question the logic of calling in Emirates Marketing Project players post CL to play or not against, respectfully...Malta

I thought there was a mandatory 2 week break after competitive games, and you don’t get more competitive than the European Cup final.

And TBH have to question the logic of calling in Emirates Marketing Project players post CL to play or not against, respectfully...Malta

I think they did it just to save Grealish's liver. I personally am glad as it temporarily eased the withdrawal symptoms of no proper football.

TAA has been an absolute baller in midfield as expected and nice to see Kane further cement his England record.

Interesting that Tripper is almost a RCB in a back three alongside Guehi and Maguire with Shaw pushed up as a wing back most of the time. Obviously not the hardest of opposition but Malta haven't been pulled apart like this in a while.

Never saw game as was out driving and listened on radio, but it was worth it as I learned that TAA is the greatest thing since sliced bread and that Harry Kane is not Englands record goal scorer, og is with 58. At points in the game the action was so intense the commentators were talking about their flight over Gozo and the fairground they could see from their seats along with trying to sell half the England team in the transfer window.

Always nice when your front 3 all get a goal each. Apparently the first time Kane Rashford and Saka have started together.

I know it's cool to hate on Ingerland whether it's the players or coaching staff but we have a thoroughly good team. Much like Spurs of late, the only thing missing if the last step but Euros next year seems like a solid chance of tha. And it's not over hyped players that don't work together outside of their club teams like back in the days of the so called golden generation - They actually seem to like playing with each other despite club allegiances and today you've got the likes of Foden, Grealish, Eze in reserve. A lot of good signs.

Interesting seeing (hearing) Townsend on commentary for C4, seemed a bit awkward for the Malta game but is definitely getting more comfortable in the role.

England were pressing hard in this game, even Kane was winning the ball from the press. It’s a-shame that all goes out of the window when we play a stronger team.

England were pressing hard in this game, even Kane was winning the ball from the press. It’s a-shame that all goes out of the window when we play a stronger team.
Yes, Kane was pressing. It made me think of Ange at Spurs. Also with a right back pushing into midfield, and an adaptable 433 where players pushed up and broke the lines at will e.g. defenders into midfield and midfielders beyond the attack... I dearly hope Ange ball is like watching that 7-0 demolition!

Always nice when your front 3 all get a goal each. Apparently the first time Kane Rashford and Saka have started together.

I know it's cool to hate on Ingerland whether it's the players or coaching staff but we have a thoroughly good team. Much like Spurs of late, the only thing missing if the last step but Euros next year seems like a solid chance of tha. And it's not over hyped players that don't work together outside of their club teams like back in the days of the so called golden generation - They actually seem to like playing with each other despite club allegiances and today you've got the likes of Foden, Grealish, Eze in reserve. A lot of good signs.

Interesting seeing (hearing) Townsend on commentary for C4, seemed a bit awkward for the Malta game but is definitely getting more comfortable in the role.

The problem is, a brick manager and bad choices will limit the ceiling (as much fun as it is to smack teams 7-0)

Being critical of the game (and the one against Malta)
- Why Maguire? seriously wtf, I get they see him as part of the squad but would these games not have been an opportunity to play an actual long term CB prospect who is actually in form
- Phillips? again what the actual fudge? the guy has played less than 300 minutes all fudging season, what actual legitimate reason could you have to pick him?
- TAA in midfield? is England Liverpool? if he isn't good enough to play as FB why is he in, btw, the amount of times he lost the ball in midfield was amazing
- Finally the flimflam tactics, so often the younger players aren't looking for Kane, they are either going themselves or passing to anyone but Kane.

And I know, yes England won, go look at England's qualifying record for the last 20 years, it's always good

You fudging play Maguire, Philips, and TAA in midfield and have your wide forwards making 1 pass out of 10 the actual finisher in the side in a major tournament and guess what will happen.

The problem is, a brick manager and bad choices will limit the ceiling (as much fun as it is to smack teams 7-0)

- Why Maguire? seriously wtf, I get they see him as part of the squad but would these games not have been an opportunity to play an actual long term CB prospect who is actually in form
- Phillips? again what the actual fudge? the guy has played less than 300 minutes all fudging season, what actual legitimate reason could you have to pick him?
- TAA in midfield? is England Liverpool? if he isn't good enough to play as FB why is he in, btw, the amount of times he lost the ball in midfield was amazing
- Finally the flimflam tactics, so often the younger players aren't looking for Kane, they are either going themselves or passing to anyone but Kane.

And I know, yes England won, go look at England's qualifying record for the last 20 years, it's always good

You fudging play Maguire, Philips, and TAA in midfield and have your wide forwards making 1 pass out of 10 the actual finisher in the side in a major tournament and guess what will happen.

Who would you rather have as manager?

At club level Southgate doesn't thrive but he's found a niche and essentially is the second most successful manager we've had on win ratios.

Maguire is a special case, he looks imperious for England and gash for United, I for one like it that way. As for Philips, City players usually take a season to bed in (apart from Haaland) so there is some loyalty there, it's a balance on that front, he's a good option, why not keep him as part of the set up? As for TAA in midfield he's looked excellent, whether it works against better opponents we will see, but I bet teams don't want to play us.

It's still easy for big teams to mess up qualification (maybe you've forgotten the brolly incident?) and at tournaments we've done a semi, a final and a quarter final. Pretty good for a brick manager with flimflam tactics.

If no one is looking for Kane he's done well to score 6 from 6 in the last games for England. Tbh it sounds like an overly Spurs centric view and I respectfully disagree because the team are looking out for the best option all the time.

I actually agree with all your points, however we won 7-0 and its the end of the season against Macedonia so I'm content not to let England wind me up right now.

Back