• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

We have some decent players. Still not sure we have enough in the wide positions to go all the way. Saka and Foden are both brilliant at times, but inconsistent. The midfield is improved without Phillips. Henderson for all his critics played well, and Bellingham and Rice are proper players - with the energy of youth but with excellent technical ability. Our CBs are not as dominant as other teams maybe but are decent.

I'd be tempted to play Wilson instead of one of Saka or Foden. Tough one to call, and Saka and Foden are both great players, so I can see the logic in starting them. Just not sure they are good enough against the very best. Southgate needs to build them up and get them performing for us to reach a final imo.

in the past now,be we lost the game because Henderson played IMO. All he did was chase when England needed creativety
to put the French under the cosh. Anyway..Spurs more important but were about as good as England when it comes to winning.

in the past now,be we lost the game because Henderson played IMO. All he did was chase when England needed creativety
to put the French under the cosh. Anyway..Spurs more important but were about as good as England when it comes to winning.

I thought the balance in midfield was decent. Henderson able to find passes, Rice and Bellingham able to run and turn with the ball. But when we were chasing the game we could have swapped Henderson for grealish or another attacker earlier.

I still think we lacked top notch ability down the flanks. The fullbacks, Saka and Mount are not elite level and we lacked elite-level cutting edge. We didn’t score from open play against France for this reason.

But more than anything the reason we didn’t win the Euros and get to the final of the WC is mainly psychological imo. How the manager and players manage nerves, free the team to expressing themselves and elevate performances while under great pressure.

o3d2v0sdy3oa1.png

Southgate ...

Walker, Trippier and Henderson all 32 YO. Doesn't seem like how you start a new cycle.

TAA and Skipp should definitely been in there.

At least useless Sterling has finally been binned.

Walker, Trippier and Henderson all 32 YO. Doesn't seem like how you start a new cycle.

TAA and Skipp should definitely been in there.

At least useless Sterling has finally been binned.

Sterling is injured apparently, You'd still have Trent in there?

Definitely not a refreshed squad though is it!? All the talk of players like Rico Henry and Solly March but nope, Same old squad.

Sterling is injured apparently, You'd still have Trent in there?

Definitely not a refreshed squad though is it!? All the talk of players like Rico Henry and Solly March but nope, Same old squad.

With TAA I think you are on a 2 (or 4) year journey now, so you pick the players you expect to be in your final 25. His form isn't great, but Livramento is still injured so I think he's probably the best bet for the second choice RB.

How about

- you don't pick Toney when he's at his best form, because allegations
- wait until his actually admitted wrongdoing and his form has tailed off, yep pick him.
I have no words on that one, could have done damage at WC....

Surely it's time for a new cycle of players now?

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Not a very inspiring squad, but there aren't many outstanding players who are not in it, I'm happy for Skipp to miss out no point sitting on bench with the chance of 10 minutes in a game you're losing 2-0.

Back