• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

I don't think he is the player he was before that injury, although TBH he hasn't had the chance to get regular games in.

i think this sums it up nicely. but i have never understood this gold fish mentality that creeps into people in this place. no one cares about anything beyond yesterdays meal. you have to wonder how they are with family and friends

its like a never ending episode of eastenders here. one minute max's wife is fudging jack...and then gets buried alive , then a few months later its like it never happened??!!

crazy short term memory.

but yeah..thudd looks like a spent force without his heart in the cause....but the comments here? some of them dont compute

I agree with all of that, and he was good defensively not only from a statistical stand point. I particularly agree that some of the comments about him seem way out of place all things considered.

But at this point it's getting unlikely that we'll ever see the kind of performances that we got from Hudd at his best. AVB doesn't seem to play him in the position you mention or alongside players that would help him play the deep position effectively. The performances we've seen from him this season haven't been good enough for him to start games regularly and without regular games his performances are unlikely to improve and unlikely to convince AVB that he's a good option to have around long term.

Combine this with his physique being not exactly typical for the kind of players AVB seems keen to bring in it might be better for everyone if he got a fresh start elsewhere.

i am not saying he's going to come in a revolutionise anything, but if needed in the right type of system you could get the best out of thudd. maybe its AVB that cant get the best out of him?

this holtby situATion could very well help hudd make a come back if AVB tweaks the formation to suit....(not that he should when we are doing well now)

i am not saying he's going to come in a revolutionise anything, but if needed in the right type of system you could get the best out of thudd. maybe its AVB that cant get the best out of him?

this holtby situATion could very well help hudd make a come back if AVB tweaks the formation to suit....(not that he should when we are doing well now)

Thudd is not suited to our system as is. It requires more athleticism then he possesses. It is unfortunate, but it happens.

He might be more suited to a 4-3-3, however i do not believe he will still be around come the start of next season. If he wants first team football he will have moved elsewhere.

i think this sums it up nicely. but i have never understood this gold fish mentality that creeps into people in this place. no one cares about anything beyond yesterdays meal. you have to wonder how they are with family and friends

its like a never ending episode of eastenders here. one minute max's wife is fudging jack...and then gets buried alive , then a few months later its like it never happened??!!

crazy short term memory.

but yeah..thudd looks like a spent force without his heart in the cause....but the comments here? some of them dont compute

You watch eastenders?](*,) thats bad very very bad.

Harsh words from some of you - Huddlestone is not at all a bad player, but I just don't think he fits into the system we're currently playing.

Plus he looks the shadow of his former self these days. His speed, or lack of, was always his biggest weakness. Now it seems like it's gotten even worse.

Like some said, a fully fit and in form Huddlestone playing in the right formation for him, is a devastating player. Unfortunately I don't think we'll see that happening at Spurs, and that's why he'll probably be out the door sooner rather than later.

At one time he was my favourite Spurs player but this season he's been poor. His injury is obviously part of it but physically he doesn't look his optimum, lets say. For a start he needs to shed some of the bulk (including his hair) and get into some yoga classes or something. His mobility looks shocking at the moment. It was never that good at the best of times but he had it at an acceptable level for a while. Holtby has probably just stepped in front of him in the midfield queue and if he doesn't up his game then his football career has peaked.

What is the deal with his black boots? Or is no deal the reason?

Never been Hudd's biggest fan as a player... genuine question: apart from being very good at hitting accurate diagonal long passes to the flanks, what does he excel at? Not much IMO.

Never been Hudd's biggest fan as a player... genuine question: apart from being very good at hitting accurate diagonal long passes to the flanks, what does he excel at? Not much IMO.

do you have to excel at more than one thing to fit into a good team is the question i think.

tom huddlestone can pass a ball....all types. the question is ..outside of his very good passing...what else does he EXCEL at? not much i would say. the same could be said for quite a number of our players....especially when you phrase it with "excel".

do you have to excel at more than one thing to fit into a good team is the question i think.

tom huddlestone can pass a ball....all types. the question is ..outside of his very good passing...what else does he EXCEL at? not much i would say. the same could be said for quite a number of our players....especially when you phrase it with "excel".

A top four team?

yes.

Hudd the major weakness for me against Leeds - if you don't control central midfield you run the risk of losing the game. Parker gave his all as usual but so did Michael Brown.

Hudd had to step up and he couldn't. Heavy pitches like that simply slow him down the point of standstill.

Admittedly our options up front were limited to say the least and in central defence we looked unorganised.

It's strange, he was such an important player for us at one point. Probably would'nt even have gotten through Young Boys in the cl qualifier if it wasn't for him. Remember Harry not starting him because he had a niggeling injury (or was it the astro turf?), and we looked all over the place. Once he stepped on the field it completely changed the game for us, and we got back in the game.

That version of Thudd is good enough for a top 4 side, the one we have seen this season hasn't been.

Hudd the major weakness for me against Leeds - if you don't control central midfield you run the risk of losing the game. Parker gave his all as usual but so did Michael Brown.

Hudd had to step up and he couldn't. Heavy pitches like that simply slow him down the point of standstill.

Admittedly our options up front were limited to say the least and in central defence we looked unorganised.

Parker looked just as slow, especially on the ball. Hudd at least played some decent fairly quick passes forward and out to the wings to help us create something. Parker seemed to take 3-4 touches every time and slow us down, allowing Brown, Austin and the rest of the Leeds team to get organized again if there was a smidgeon of space there to be exploited in the first place.

I would have rather seen Hudd and Dembele than Parker and Dembele considering how little we were creating and that we were chasing the game.

Parker looked just as slow, especially on the ball. Hudd at least played some decent fairly quick passes forward and out to the wings to help us create something. Parker seemed to take 3-4 touches every time and slow us down, allowing Brown, Austin and the rest of the Leeds team to get organized again if there was a smidgeon of space there to be exploited in the first place.

I would have rather seen Hudd and Dembele than Parker and Dembele considering how little we were creating and that we were chasing the game.

If we were serious about winning we should have started with Dembele and Parker - that's our best available central midfield. Anything less is giving the opposition a chance.

I was watching highlights of the 6-4 against Reading and Thudd looked like a different man in terms of his mobility then. But even back in the day he just didn't take the game by the scruff of the neck, so to speak, enough. For me his go to short pass was to frequent. Maybe he doesn't/didn't read the game as fast as needed to be able to make more of the incisive passes his technique could carry off.

disagree with a lot of this. cant understand how anyone can come to this kind of conclusion

I'm glad someone else sees it too.

Unfortunately, even amongst Spurs fans there's much of that English football fan mentality - where a player's worth is measured in the weight of mud collected on his shirt after 90 mins.

It's the reason why Carragher managed such a long career here - that could never har happened in another country. People here have spent years marvelling at his 6yd sliding tackles without ever wondering why he was 6yds out of position in the first place.

crazy short term memory.

It is not short term mentality at all its been 3 years since we have seen Hudd in good form. Footballers value fluctuates, I think we would struggle to get 5m for him atm. He simply has been pretty poor this year. Even his first touch which has always been one of his greatest assets has let him down.

It is not short term mentality at all its been 3 years since we have seen Hudd in good form. Footballers value fluctuates, I think we would struggle to get 5m for him atm. He simply has been pretty poor this year. Even his first touch which has always been one of his greatest assets has let him down.

Not being match fit is unlikely to substantially reduce a player's value - especially not if we sell him in the summer.

Back