• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

I very much doubt clubs near the top would go for Aaron Lennon neither but he's hardly brick now is he?

I think AVB fudged up a bit on his team selection. Two reasons - if Bale is not playing you put someone in in his position i.e. Townsend but not Sig/Thudd. Secondly I dont believe that Dempsey and Sig can play in the same team (especially at present) yesterday felt like playing with nine in the first and ten in the second (Sig was marginally better).

Verts whinged a fair bit yesterday and alot of his groans were aimed at Sig - they just didnt and couldnt play together.

A very fair point. Certainly hands-down agree with the first one there mate. I still see the logic in not starting with Tonwshend (not defensively savvy enough yet, especially against a team of Chelski's quality IMHO) but yes, he should've been on in the second...

A very fair point. Certainly hands-down agree with the first one there mate. I still see the logic in not starting with Tonwshend (not defensively savvy enough yet, especially against a team of Chelski's quality IMHO) but yes, he should've been on in the second...

I knew we would agree on something one day

I thought Townsend should have been given the start. Throwing him in at the deep end would only be a good thing, he gives Ivanovic a threat, no defender in the Premier League knows what to expect when he's running up against them, he has a good shot on him and is very quick. I think he'd of given us more of an attacking dimension than a Dempsey or a Sig would on the left.

The fact he didn't come on at all is mind-boggling. I would have thought when we went 2-1 up, we'd of brought Adebayor on for Dempsey, get things to stick a bit more as well as going to a more attacking mind set, then about 5 or 10 minutes later, bring on Townsend for Huddlestone and drop Sigurdsson to central midfield.

Who would go for him? :lol:

In fact the only clubs I could see potentially showing interest in Lennon from the top half are Fulham, Everton and West Brom.

He is not for sale, but i would be surprised if there were not more clubs then those three that showed a interest. However seeing as how this thread is about the plodder its irrelevant anyway.

Huddlestone was KEY to us getting fourth for the first time in Premier League history. Him and Modric were awesome at the back end of the season and him and Palacios were crucial in the first half when Modric was out with a broken leg. His ability to spot Lennon and/or Bale early and release them with his brilliant passing ability helped us a lot and I feel we miss that in the middle of the park.
A lot can change in such a short space of time though, and so does the way in which football is played. Huddlestone either needs to adapt his game or increase his mobility - he is far too slow in reacting to loose balls etc.

A lot can change in such a short space of time though, and so does the way in which football is played. Huddlestone either needs to adapt his game or increase his mobility - he is far too slow in reacting to loose balls etc.

Which is why I think a midfield 3 would work better for him in our current team. I thought to play him in the middle 2 on Saturday was criminal (although he did better out of him and Sandro which surprised me). Sandro and Dembele are both brilliant defensively, you cancel out Hudd's weaknesses with the fact you have those two and you play to his strengths.

It also gives you competition for places when Parker and Livermore are both fully fit, as well as Dempsey/Sig fighting it out for that one spot off of Adebayor, with Defoe competing with him.

Then again, I seem to be in the minority.

I think Hudd in a midfield 5 including Sandro, Dembele, Bale and Lennon could be lethal in many games; perhaps as good as the 5 in midfield that played behind Clive Allen in Pleat's side of 1986-87...

I think Hudd in a midfield 5 including Sandro, Dembele, Bale and Lennon could be lethal in many games; perhaps as good as the 5 in midfield that played behind Clive Allen in Pleat's side of 1986-87...

Glad you think the same. I think it could quite easily get the players used to such a system for when we implement someone in Huddlestones place. The sort of player who can pick the locks, the Moutinho sort of player who AVB is keen to bring in.

I very much doubt clubs near the top would go for Aaron Lennon neither but he's hardly brick now is he?

Everton, Villa, Sunderland, maybe even Saudi Sportswashing Machine could go for Lennon. He is worth a lot more than Hudd. Cannot see anyone paying £5m for Hudd . Only Stoke wanted him and that was on loan. has never really got anywhere near the Engalnd midfield, that says it all. There are about 20 foreign PL midfielders players who would get closer than Hudd.

Everton, Villa, Sunderland, maybe even Saudi Sportswashing Machine could go for Lennon. He is worth a lot more than Hudd. Cannot see anyone paying £5m for Hudd . Only Stoke wanted him and that was on loan. has never really got anywhere near the Engalnd midfield, that says it all. There are about 20 foreign PL midfielders players who would get closer than Hudd.

Agreed

Hudd would walk into any of those teams (if sold rather than loaned) and aside from Saudi Sportswashing Machine would be comfortably the best player in all of them.

Hudd would walk into any of those teams (if sold rather than loaned) and aside from Saudi Sportswashing Machine would be comfortably the best player in all of them.

LOL - I don't even think he would have kept his place at Stoke. I can remember similar arguments about Palacios who peope thought was the real deal.

So, average teams (bar Everton). Saudi Sportswashing Machine wouldn't go for him, they don't need him. He is worth a lot more, you're right and I never said he wasn't, but just because top teams wouldn't want one of our players doesn't mean he is brick.

LOL - I don't even think he would have kept his place at Stoke. I can remember similar arguments about Palacios who peope thought was the real deal.

He probably wouldn't, but neither would Modric - both pointless players for a team like Stoke.

I don't recall anyone saying that about Palacios, and he was never what I'd call a passer of the ball even before his tragic collapse in form.

I think some of the comments about huddlestone are incredibly harsh. I actually thought he was one our better performers for a while on saturday. his passing qualities are still there. he clearly is lacking match sharpness which is understandable after almost a year out and in and out of the team this year. i say play him against fk maribor and then he could be looking effective against southampton if dembele is not fit.

Back