• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

Huddlestone needs games. A loan would have been good, but we need him also. We don't have much squad depth with our current injuries and Daws and Thudd are important to us now.

The 'assist' was a basic free kick that had more to do with crap defending, than anything Hudd did. The performance of others is irrelevant, as the comment was about Hudd and what he has to do to get back in the team. So what if Walker was even crapper than he was. Personally, I like Huddlestone when he is in form, as he does bring something to the team, however there is a lot of improvement needed for him to get back.

The 'assist'?

Defending was crap, but it was also a well taken free kick that just needed a slight touch into the corner to score from. Aimed at possibly our strongest player in the air.

Football is a team game, the performance of other players on that team will rarely be irrelevant when talking about one player. If you can't name a single player that was a better passer on the day than him I struggle to see how you can say that he was all that bad.

The 'assist'?

Defending was crap, but it was also a well taken free kick that just needed a slight touch into the corner to score from. Aimed at possibly our strongest player in the air.

Football is a team game, the performance of other players on that team will rarely be irrelevant when talking about one player. If you can't name a single player that was a better passer on the day than him I struggle to see how you can say that he was all that bad.

Look I don't know why you are getting all defensive about Hudd? As i said previously, he is a good player when on form. So on this performance you would drop one of Sandro and Dembele to put him back into the team for Sunday then? That was all I was saying, that he needs to improve. The answer to your last point is simple...they were all crap

Look I don't know why you are getting all defensive about Hudd? As i said previously, he is a good player when on form. So on this performance you would drop one of Sandro and Dembele to put him back into the team for Sunday then? That was all I was saying, that he needs to improve. The answer to your last point is simple...they were all crap

I didn't say I would drop one of Sandro or Dembele for him... There has to be some middle ground between "him not putting in one pass of note" and "drop Sandro or Dembele for him" surely?

I'm defending a Spurs player against what I think is unfair criticism, if you want to call that "getting all defensive" then we probably have different views on what that means.

We completely bossed the first half and in the second half they created one good chance and a couple of half chances. Barely remember Lloris having a save to make. I don't understand how all our players were crap.

We must have been watching different games.

I didn't say I would drop one of Sandro or Dembele for him... There has to be some middle ground between "him not putting in one pass of note" and "drop Sandro or Dembele for him" surely?

I'm defending a Spurs player against what I think is unfair criticism, if you want to call that "getting all defensive" then we probably have different views on what that means.

We completely bossed the first half and in the second half they created one good chance and a couple of half chances. Barely remember Lloris having a save to make. I don't understand how all our players were crap.

We must have been watching different games.

on the internet? NEVER!

we shouldn't be making any conclusions from the 1st half - it was gifted us by Man U.
and it was clearly shown by one simple sub that the reality was much further away.
so focusing on the second half, which is a more sterner test for any club competing for CL or trophies...I saw a thudd struggling to link up the midfield, struggling to make things work in the centre where it needed to. obvious that AVB wanted to defend - taking off lennon, but in retrospect, a lennon running around in midfield would have done better than a Thudd chasing shadows.

we shouldn't be making any conclusions from the 1st half - it was gifted us by Man U.
and it was clearly shown by one simple sub that the reality was much further away.
so focusing on the second half, which is a more sterner test for any club competing for CL or trophies...I saw a thudd struggling to link up the midfield, struggling to make things work in the centre where it needed to. obvious that AVB wanted to defend - taking off lennon, but in retrospect, a lennon running around in midfield would have done better than a Thudd chasing shadows.

I'm confused, are you talking about the utd game? Hudd came on with about 15 mins left when we were already under the cosh for 30, hardly his fault we had to defend so much, or is that not what you meant?

sorry yeah i was referring to the man U game. its 15 mins but its enough for me as we nearly lost it at the end.

All this nonsense about Manchester United only turning it on for the second half and us not playing well in the second half. Well, how many have considered that the game might have been very different had we not been 2--0 up? Maybe we elected to defend deep as we knew that Manchester United would try to hit us hard and ultimatrely the strategy worked. We defended deep and so naturally they had the lion's share of possession. We were lucky that they hit the woodwork twice but other than the goals they had few clear cut opportunities to score from inside the area and that must, at least in part, be due to the strength of the defensive performance . AVB and the team knew what to expect and adjusted the game accordingly, Manchester United looked better as they were the side who had the need to attack and were allowed to attack by our deep defensive unit.

As for Huddlestone, I don't think it was a game suiting his skills. I think he needs a game in which we are playing at a balanced tempo, most likely a home fixture, when he has time to pick his passes and can therefore be the metronome of the pitch. Under pressure he is less effective and he had no outlets for his passes as all of our players were staying deep. I think he is a good player but I do think that he needs to be chosen for the right fixtures and is not a player that I would start in every game.

sorry yeah i was referring to the man U game. its 15 mins but its enough for me as we nearly lost it at the end.

Admit it, you've been found out. You wanted to slag off THudd so you did, and didn't realise the game everyone else was talking about was another one and you clearly didn't realise/remember THudd only played a bit part towards the end. Judging him on that? Fool.

Also, why the hell should we judge our players on the second half? S we judge them on the bit we played the best in? Again, how ridiculous do you want to be? We judge them on the whole fudging match nd they were brilliant and sowed different sides to this brilliance, dominance and also grit and determination. Wy do you and many spurs fans always focus on the negative in every single situation possible? It absolutely makes me sick.

For the record I thought huddlestone did show what he was capable of against olympiacos, but he needs more game time. His passing range was exciting is a little inconsistent and his long range shooting still precise and powerful. He's a fantastic squad player and we should all be proud and happy he is with us. Having Parker, THudd and sigg as back to sandro, dembele and Demosey is amazing depth, and easily one of the strongest in the league.

I like Hudd and still think he is the best passer we have, alas now I am beginning to agree with the view that he may not be mobile enough to have a long term future with us beyond this season or at most the next. I thought he struggled today, especially when they had the ball

I like Hudd and still think he is the best passer we have, alas now I am beginning to agree with the view that he may not be mobile enough to have a long term future with us beyond this season or at most the next. I thought he struggled today, especially when they had the ball

What was interesting today, for me, is that so much of his game relies on being able to pick out an early pass to a wide player with tremendous accuracy. Today, with no Bale left and Lennon locked up for much of the first-half due to Siggy's, err, 'odd' movement/decisions making, he often had no where to play said-pass and as such he was easily closed down. In the second-half, he quite simply seem to run out of puff!

I'll willingly trade a dollop of mobility for the level of class that can produce dead ball crosses like the one that led to Gallas' goal.

Back