• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

lets just agree Hudd has a great shot, he has scored bucket loads for us , his last two shots went in, he is a 15 goals a season man, and is a weapon from a free kick, which he strikes beautifully, other teams are scared when he lines up to take a free kick, because they are worried it is [8 years since the last one went in, so he is due one].

He also hits a pass like no other player and sometimes gets two or three assists [a season] I mean game .

agree with this. i think it sounds sensible

Hud as a great shot on him, am i really reading this :ross: he did a dummy on Saturday ( which was good) one cross field pass and all of a sudden he is in some quarters being compered to Hoddle.

Lets all get a grip, he has assets but the are outweighed by the negatives in his game.

Wow, fair play for the effort mate! Those stats do look a bit iffy though, surely that Scholes shots per game must be higher? Even if they are I think the long range shots per goals still match up. Plus it's difficult to compare these different player positions; I guess you'd need to compare him with the likes of Tommy Hitzlsperger or Gary McAllister to see where he sits.

Out of interest, consider the following scenario: one of our wingers crosses into the box and a defender half clears. The ball is slowly rolling out to the D of the penalty area. Who would you like to see coming onto that and hitting it first time?

Defoe - Jenas before Hudd though

Wow, fair play for the effort mate! Those stats do look a bit iffy though, surely that Scholes shots per game must be higher? Even if they are I think the long range shots per goals still match up. Plus it's difficult to compare these different player positions; I guess you'd need to compare him with the likes of Tommy Hitzlsperger or Gary McAllister to see where he sits.

Out of interest, consider the following scenario: one of our wingers crosses into the box and a defender half clears. The ball is slowly rolling out to the D of the penalty area. Who would you like to see coming onto that and hitting it first time?

In order off the top of my head

Defoe
Bale
Kaboul
Sigi
Walker
Bae
Dempsey [ not seen a lot of him of him ]
Dembele " " "
Jenas
Hudd
Ade
Lennon
Sandro
Gallas

Who on Gods green earth scores 6-10 long range stunners a season bar maybe Ronaldo?

This is my reply a couple of weeks ago after it was claimed that Lampard, Gerrard and Pires :)ross:) were players that score 6-10 long range goals a season. Turns out the facts show this is the case.

I don't think anyone's claimed in the whole thread that Hudd scores loads of goals, it's just the ones he does get are long range. You'll notice that the names on that list aren't your defensive holding midfielders, they are strikers, wingers and attacking midfielder's (just off striker or tip of a midfield 3), this was covered as well a few pages back when he was compared to Lampard Gerrard and Young!

Scholes doesn't appear anywhere on that either, has he got a brick shot as well? Or is it because he plays in the same position as Hudd now and doesn't get too many opportunities to shoot?

I don't think anyone's claimed in the whole thread that Hudd scores loads of goals, it's just the ones he does get are long range. You'll notice that the names on that list aren't your defensive holding midfielders, they are strikers, wingers and attacking midfielder's (just off striker or tip of a midfield 3), this was covered as well a few pages back when he was compared to Lampard Gerrard and Young!

Scholes doesn't appear anywhere on that either, has he got a brick shot as well? Or is it because he plays in the same position as Hudd now and doesn't get too many opportunities to shoot?

Hudd shoots ALL THE TIME!!! Sorry, but Scott Parker is on that list as having scored 2 long rangers in a single season... Vermaelen 3! Huddlestone is NEVER the last man as he will typically be playing next to Zokora / Parker / Livermore / Sandro etc. so this idea that he never gets forward or is asked to stay back is madness. He has quite a large area to roam. Verts nearly scored his first goal for us coming from CB from outside the area!

The reason that Scholes doesn't score any more is because he stays in position, Thudd will have two shots a game or more and he hasn't made that list once in 5 seasons. As I say, he has wonderful technique and can absolutely spank a ball, just not on target very often. As a side note, I'd be interested to know how many of Matty Taylors goals came from playing FB?

Hudd shoots ALL THE TIME!!! Sorry, but Scott Parker is on that list as having scored 2 long rangers in a single season... Vermaelen 3! Huddlestone is NEVER the last man as he will typically be playing next to Zokora / Parker / Livermore / Sandro etc. so this idea that he never gets forward or is asked to stay back is madness. He has quite a large area to roam. Verts nearly scored his first goal for us coming from CB from outside the area!

The reason that Scholes doesn't score any more is because he stays in position, Thudd will have two shots a game or more and he hasn't made that list once in 5 seasons. As I say, he has wonderful technique and can absolutely spank a ball, just not on target very often. As a side note, I'd be interested to know how many of Matty Taylors goals came from playing FB?

The Scott Parker stat MUST be from the season he had at West Ham where he was quality (the relegation season, it's about the only time he's scored goals since Charlton), he didn't play the same role for them as he does for us, or Hudd does for us. He was one of their only attacking threats and played far more adventurosly, he'd often be in or around the box for them, it's a rarity for us because he simply doesn't need to here.

Matt Taylor's been playing wide midfield for a number of years now. As we've seen with Walker and BAE, attacking full backs (Taylor, when he plays there, is more attacking than either of ours) will often get in good positions for a strike at goal during the course of a game.

Hudd has 2 or more shots per game, do you have any stats on that? I happen to think Hudd stays in position just as much as Scholes does, don't see any reason to excuse one and not the other.

TBH I know that Hudd hits a few wide, (again I'm not sure anyone has said anything different in the whole thread) but the ratio of shots he puts wide isn't any worse than most. He'd be high on my list of Spurs players you'd want coming on to the ball from 20-25 yards out.

If it is based on , shots being on taget and beating the goalie [ something like GOALS ], he has a terriblle shot. If it is based on something else [ not quite sure what ] , he has a fantatstic shot and should the envy of other clubs .

Lets just leave it at that.

If it is based on , shots being on taget and beating the goalie [ something like GOALS ], he has a terriblle shot. If it is based on something else [ not quite sure what ] , he has a fantatstic shot and should the envy of other clubs .

Lets just leave it at that.

spot on :ross:

Back