• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

All Huddlestones power is in striking the ball with his knee over the top of the ball with the bend in the direction of projection.

Its great for passing but not so great for shooting as he doesn't get the shape that people like Bale and Beckham Stuart Pearce can, and his trajectory at full tilt tends to be fast but flat and straight.

Its all to do with the strength of the inside of the thigh being transferred to the inside of the boot. Hudd doesnt match up and that weakness is also evidenced by his poor lateral mobility, and he should work on it as a lot of football is played with the instep and he has good vision and awareness.

Did he make one pass of note all match? Hudlestone will have to improve substanially to get back into the premier league side, based on tonights performance.

utter garbage but i think it will take 10 performances like this in a row for people to finally realise he's criminally overrated.

first half he was spraying the ball around nicely - second half he was poor (along with the rest of the team)

utter garbage but i think it will take 10 performances like this in a row for people to finally realise he's criminally overrated.

Horribly out of form and match fitness. He's a much better player than he showed tonight and you know it. Shocking today

He's no DM. Luxury player and left a gaping hole between defence and attack whenever he moved. His lack of pace and intelligent movement showed today. I think he's an effective player but is bit of a luxury

yep, cause that's his usual standard of performance, right? He's clearly got fitness issues, he failed a medical at Stoke for gods sake! It will take him time to get back in, I like the way AVB has used him so far, hope tonights performance hasn't made AVB lose faith.

Still had a good shot in the 1st half though. :lol:

Not me, i have always said he is the most overrated player at the club. Nearly 200 games and we still go on about his potential.

Based on todays performance Dembele is brick, bale is shocking and caulker is dodgy.

Just saying

How about the assist for the goal?

Who was a better passer than him today?

The 'assist' was a basic free kick that had more to do with crap defending, than anything Hudd did. The performance of others is irrelevant, as the comment was about Hudd and what he has to do to get back in the team. So what if Walker was even crapper than he was. Personally, I like Huddlestone when he is in form, as he does bring something to the team, however there is a lot of improvement needed for him to get back.

If his effort had hit the back of the net last night (Which it didn't because of a neat save) we would be marvelling over his amazing technique and how he scored one and made one.

The difference in sport is marginal.

Considering it was only Huddlestone's second competitive start since the home game against Hearts in August 2011, I thought he did very well indeed.

He obviously needs to get some more minutes under his belt before he is back to his best.

6/10 from me - some neat passes but struggled to gain hold of the midfeild the do major damage

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt on fitness for now.

yep, cause that's his usual standard of performance, right? He's clearly got fitness issues, he failed a medical at Stoke for gods sake! It will take him time to get back in, I like the way AVB has used him so far, hope tonights performance hasn't made AVB lose faith.

Still had a good shot in the 1st half though. :lol:
He didn't fail his Stoke medical, it was the terms between the two clubs.

Considering it was only Huddlestone's second competitive start since the home game against Hearts in August 2011, I thought he did very well indeed.

He obviously needs to get some more minutes under his belt before he is back to his best.

Yes, he needs games, before his ankle finally dragged him down he was playing excellently, will he ever get back to that ? I dont know, as another poster said he might have to move to get game time.

Back