• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

and i'm actually think that Thudd has NEVER taken a shot inside the box in his life.

the ratio comparison of shots outside the box versus shots inside the box is something like 7 or 8 : 1

I think perpective is lacking in this. on several levels actually

positioning on the pitch
starting position in the starting 11
number of attempts a season
defensive responsibilities
the actual number of times people score long range efforts

to use lampard and gerrard..both players who at the time of scoring many played behind the main strikers.......to beat a player that plays at the BASE and say that player cant shoot..? I dont undertsand how that works personally

I think also people that have actually played football at some point or coached it at some point (both of those allowances should technically cover 99% of us) should be able to see that Thudd is extremely technical on the strike. so he can shoot

finishing though is another matter (which accounts for significantly more than half of gerards and lampards goals)....a whole different skill set and we wont know until Thudd is regularly put into that situation to show he can finish

This is why I specifically mentioned Huddlestone's position.

and i'm actually think that Thudd has NEVER taken a shot inside the box in his life.

the ratio comparison of shots outside the box versus shots inside the box is something like 7 or 8 : 1

Scored a cracker against Chelsea with his left foot which I think was inside the box.

Here some PL only stats - from the OS

These are goals only - NOT SHOTS

from range = from outside the box (at least that is how I read those stats on the graphics)

Hudd - 8 goals / 125 games (1 in 15.6 games) - 100% from outside the box = 8/8 (total goals) goals from range - 1 in 1 goals

Young - 37 goals / 204 games (1 in 5.5 games) - 32% from outside the box - 12/37 (total goals) from range - 1 in 3 goals

Scholes - 108 goals / 468 appearances (1 in 4.3 games) - 22% from range - 24/108 (total goals) from range - 1 in 4.5 goals

Gerrard - 89 goals / 401 appearances (1 in 4.5 games) - 28% goals from range - 25/89 (total goals) from range - 1 in 3.56 goals

Lampard - 152 goals / 525 appearances (1 in 3.4 games) - 21% goals from range - 32/152 (total goals) from range - 1 in 4.75 goals

haha good effort Arc. I like your persistence.

So that would make Young (32% of 37 = 11.84 goals from distance / 204 games)

Not going to do all of them but 12 from 204 compared to Huddlestone's 8 from 125.

Hmm... seems to be even using your own stats provided, I win.

Scored a cracker against Chelsea with his left foot which I think was inside the box.

Not according to the PL stats - all of his 8 goals are from outside the 18-yard area

Are you not perhaps confusing this one with his left-foot cracker in the 3:3 NLD two seasons ago

i just thought there was stength in numbers. sometimes these things need a posse!!!

but seriously its amazing to think this is being consdiered or evaluated in such a manner

using a local spammers method of debating by exaggertaing a point then reversing back to normality.....you could say that rasiak is a much better shooter than vertonghen

Affy, I'm personally trying to say that he isn't the messiah. Tom Huddlestone has an excellent good shot on him? He hasn't, he has unbelievable technique that sometimes equates to stunning goals. But he takes way more shots outside the area than most other players in the entire division I would guess and he fluffs his lines all the time. I don't think that's an outrageous thing to say.

from range = from outside the box (at least that is how I read those stats on the graphics)

Hudd - 8 goals / 125 games (1 in 15.6 games) - 100% from outside the box = 8/8 (total goals) goals from range - 1 in 1 goals

Young - 37 goals / 204 games (1 in 5.5 games) - 32% from outside the box - 12/37 (total goals) from range - 1 in 3 goals

Scholes - 108 goals / 468 appearances (1 in 4.3 games) - 22% from range - 24/108 (total goals) from range - 1 in 4.5 goals

Gerrard - 89 goals / 401 appearances (1 in 4.5 games) - 28% goals from range - 25/89 (total goals) from range - 1 in 3.56 goals

Lampard - 152 goals / 525 appearances (1 in 3.4 games) - 21% goals from range - 32/152 (total goals) from range - 1 in 4.75 goals

You've just compared Hudd with 3 Attacking Midfielder's and a winger !!

The fairest comparison there would be if you isolated Scholes last 3 or 4 years of stats and compared it to Hudd's, as that's the only fair comparison position wise.

Does that not show that Hudd is in-line with others for long-range goals (or am I reading it wrong)?

Take Young, 1 goal every 5.5 games. 1 in 3 goals is from long range. So he scores 1 long range goal every 16.5 games, the same as Hudd really. All the others are in that range too.

Affy, I'm personally trying to say that he isn't the messiah. Tom Huddlestone has an excellent good shot on him? He hasn't, he has unbelievable technique that sometimes equates to stunning goals. But he takes way more shots outside the area than most other players in the entire division I would guess and he fluffs his lines all the time. I don't think that's an outrageous thing to say.

I don't think that part is true. how can we prove he takes way more long distance shots than other players. We're going round in circles my friend. Just accept your wrong. This is the first time in a long time I haven't been too busy to get involved in a debate! ahhh just like old times.

Not according to the PL stats - all of his 8 goals are from outside the 18-yard area

Are you not perhaps confusing this one with his left-foot cracker in the 3:3 NLD two seasons ago

No it was against Chelsea in the 4-4 a few seasons ago, could have been just outside the box though.

I love watching Huddlestone in action, one of my favorite players. Just wish he`d get fitter and cut his hair.

Not sure he`ll ever be a top top player but you never know.

aha!!

thats entirely diferent

if we are comparing shots outside the box to goals scored from outside the box we would be geting much closer. add something like shots outside the box AND shots on target from outside the box...AND goals...even better

but even then i'm sure someone would say something like "but attacking mids take more to their percentages are a better reflection of their abilities than someone that takes much fewer shots"

sometimes with these things you can win. it depends on how determined the other guy is

Back