• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

Re: Hudds double dummy!

Well it was on here a few years back that he was better than Cesc tbh. He won a poll and it was by a large margin.

My post was the general overreaction to one good skill or one good game (see my post regrading Defoe). It's a good win yesterday but lets not go overboard as if we've beaten Barcelona at Camp Nou after being 3 goals down. One good game or one good skill doesn't prove much if anything.

Agreed. Signs from yesterday were encouraging all round, but it is only one game against one of the weakest teams in the division.

a70.gif

In Roman times a thumb down means they be spared.

one faint and he's back to being on par with cesc Fabregas.

I'd start him against lazio tbh but i still think he's criminally overrated.

Who mentioned Fabregas? Maybe that comment was just a feeble attempt to trivial a valid point

Hudd is a class act. He is not match fit yet and perhaps AVB thought it would be better for him to get fit on a loan deal rather than playing cameos for us. Hudd was excellent yesterday and Townsend was promising as has been Livermore. Great to see local kids doing great and I feel Hudd is "local" too despite coming from Nottingham/Derby.

Hudd is a class act. He is not match fit yet and perhaps AVB thought it would be better for him to get fit on a loan deal rather than playing cameos for us. Hudd was excellent yesterday and Townsend was promising as has been Livermore. Great to see local kids doing great and I feel Hudd is "local" too despite coming from Nottingham/Derby.

Yeah I think this will be Townsend's breakthrough year. Carroll next year maybe. I hope so anyway. These kids have a connection with the club that the club transfers do not, generally speaking.

Or may be we were so good and made them look poor by keeping most of the possession and creating most of the chances?

Drives me up the wall that. Doesnt matter what the other team does, if a team is playing poor its not because of the opposition doing well.

I did not know that. Always thought it was the other way around since childhood.

Anyway, I was trying to find something different to 'boo this man'!

Actually it is unknown whether the thumb went up or down, no historian has managed to work it out for sure. The movie decided to go with thumbs down just because it makes sense to the modern audience.

My favourite spurs player of the last 20 years and when i read we were trying to offload him to stoke, fudging stoke i was disgusted.

Love watching him play and he is the sort of player you pay to watch.

Drives me up the wall that. Doesnt matter what the other team does, if a team is playing poor its not because of the opposition doing well.

Sorry, but I think that is nonsense. Anyone who thinks (and I mean no disrespect to these teams, but it's the truth) that the likes of Reading & Southampton won't be in the relegation mix at the end of the season is almost certainly going to be wrong.

Any away win in the Premiership is a very good result (hence why I couldn't understand the bile spewed about certain games last season where we "only" managed a draw away from home.....Villa instantly springs to mind) and we did play extremely well. BUT in isolation ANY game should be taken with a pinch of salt. That also includes where the team doesn't play well. Every good team occasionally has off days and will lose games they shouldn't. Doesn't make them a bad team or a team with problems.

Have to be honest, nice though it was, you could hardly say it was in a tight spot? I think a little OTT. As for genius comparisons, when
he does what Hoddle did at Watford in 83 then he can lay some claim!!!! THAT was genius at its brightest! Like the player to be fair...

It was actually the best thing I have ever seen him do, but who knows what element of luck was involved, because he has never done anything like it before and will probably not do anything like it again.

I do wish , fans would not yell out shoot when he has the ball, he has an extremely poor shooting record, so it makes little sense asking him to shoot.

Back