• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

Re: Hudds double dummy!

I reckon AVB does rate him and the Stoke thing was purely to get him fully fit without impacting team performances. He will be a big player for us still I feel. I also have a £100 bet with Gooner mate that Hudd will be an England starter by 2015 and their most important midfielder. This does need Wheelchair to stay injured though..

Amazing how many amnesia sufferers on here claimed he would no longer be good for us during the summer, something to do with him being too slow for this league. I guess they conveniently forget he is the best passer at Spurs

one faint and he's back to being on par with cesc Fabregas.

I'd start him against lazio tbh but i still think he's criminally overrated.

one faint and he's back to being on par with cesc Fabregas.

I'd start him against lazio tbh but i still think he's criminally overrated.

a70.gif

Who has said this?

Well it was on here a few years back that he was better than Cesc tbh. He won a poll and it was by a large margin.

My post was the general overreaction to one good skill or one good game (see my post regrading Defoe). It's a good win yesterday but lets not go overboard as if we've beaten Barcelona at Camp Nou after being 3 goals down. One good game or one good skill doesn't prove much if anything.

Well it was on here a few years back that he was better than Cesc tbh. He won a poll and it was by a large margin.

My post was the general overreaction to one good skill or one good game (see my post regrading Defoe). It's a good win yesterday but lets not go overboard as if we've beaten Barcelona at Camp Nou after being 3 goals down. One good game or one good skill doesn't prove much if anything.

I've been on here a number of years but I never saw that. If it happened then fair enough, but I'd be astounded if that was true, does anyone else remember this? What year was it, was there a period where Hudd was a regular for us but Fabregas was still breaking thru for the Scum? I thought they came thru at a similar time, but fabregas was a regular when he was 18, Hudd was still very much a squad player until Harry came in.

My point being that nobody in this thread has stated he's 'on a par with Fabregas', simply stating he's a fine player and it was a fine piece of skill.

I've been on here a number of years but I never saw that. If it happened then fair enough, but I'd be astounded if that was true, does anyone else remember this? What year was it, was there a period where Hudd was a regular for us but Fabregas was still breaking thru for the Scum? I thought they came thru at a similar time, but fabregas was a regular when he was 18, Hudd was still very much a squad player until Harry came in.

Mate i wouldn't make up rubbish for the hell of it. I specifically remember him getting around 65% of the votes too. I don't remember what year but it definately wasn't when Fabregas was just breaking through.

Well it's pretty clear to all of us here that Huddlestone clearly is a better player than "Cesc" and only a Gooner would think otherwise! I mean other than the World cup, European Champion, and a few trophies at Barca what else has he won. Tommy won the Carling cup in a worse side than what Cesc was playing in ergo he is > than Fab.

Mate i wouldn't make up rubbish for the hell of it. I specifically remember him getting around 65% of the votes too. I don't remember what year but it definately wasn't when Fabregas was just breaking through.

fair enough, but I'm stunned at that.

I'm probably one of Hudd's biggest fans and I think Fabregas is slightly overated, but I'd at no point in their career's have suggested Hudd is the better player, or even that close.

Those threads are just as embarassing as the 'how many of Chelsea/Utd/Arsenal would make it into Spurs starting 11' = usually around 2-3

fair enough, but I'm stunned at that.

I'm probably one of Hudd's biggest fans and I think Fabregas is slightly overated, but I'd at no point in their career's have suggested Hudd is the better player, or even that close.

The reason i specifically remember that is i used to post on a Saudi Sportswashing Machine Forum back in the day and really argue and defend GG as much as i could. One day a poster linked the GG poll regarding Huddlestone and Fabregas over there and quite frankly it was embarrasing and impossible to defend. They continuously kept refering to that thread over there as some sort of confirmation that GG on the whole was full of delusional macarons.

That dummy took my breath away when i watched the match, masterful turn.

But im uncertain that Hudd has the capacity to play in a low 2 man midfield. In a mid 3 with Parker/Sandro and Dembele, i think he could do very well. One cleaner, one box to box and one deep playmaker (Hudd).

I think he would get the time on the ball and the space to do the key passes then.

That dummy took my breath away when i watched the match, masterful turn.

But im uncertain that Hudd has the capacity to play in a low 2 man midfield. In a mid 3 with Parker/Sandro and Dembele, i think he could do very well. One cleaner, one box to box and one deep playmaker (Hudd).

I think he would get the time on the ball and the space to do the key passes then.

With Sig or Dembele ahead of them our central midfield can easily be seen as a 3 man midfield.

Worked very well alongside Modric with VdV ahead of them, No reason why it shouldn't work with the players we have now.

What I like about Thudd, other than his majestic passing, is the way he trusts other players with the ball regardless of whether they are tightly marked. Dembele, with a man up his backside, came and asked for the ball a few times from Thudd, and Thudd happily passed it to him. It is almost as if Thudd is thinking "well I could look after the ball in that situation, so why wouldn't I trust someone else to." Once players have that kind of trust and confidence then the ball starts to ping around a bit in the way AVB wants to play.

Back