• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

Re: Hudds double dummy!

Amazing how many amnesia sufferers on here claimed he would no longer be good for us during the summer, something to do with him being too slow for this league. I guess they conveniently forget he is the best passer at Spurs

Hands up, I doubted his ability to contribute based on weight, fitness and perceived bricky attitude. Glad AVB knows more than I do and glad the Hudd came on and out in a good cameo. Here's to more of it...however he does have an ankle issue which will need career management, and as such, we must be careful both with our use and expectations IMO!

The lad has basically had a complete year out injured, he will take time like AVB will but ultimately they will come good

Great to see him back. I feared AVB didn't fancy him after the loan thing but will be a valuable option this season.

I hope he starts against Lazio. Very happy to see AVB trust him again when we needed him.

What do you mean 'trusts him again'?

He came on as a sub in the last 15 mins when we were 3:0 up already. I strongly doubt he'd start many PL games barring injuries to Livermore, Dembele, Parker and Sandro.

Personally, I think he should have gone out on loan where he can play regurarly and build up his fitness - 10 minute cameos is not the solution for a player who holds above-average potential

He came on as a sub in the last 15 mins when we were 3:0 up already. I strongly doubt he'd start many PL games barring injuries to Livermore, Dembele, Parker and Sandro.

Personally, I think he should have gone out on loan where he can play regurarly and build up his fitness - 10 minute cameos is not the solution for a player who holds above-average potential

If Livermore is above him then how come he didnt even make the squad? Or was he injured? (if so no mention of an injury anywhere)

Actually he came on just a minute after the 2-0 goal and you could see him getting instructions and getting ready at 1-0, it seemed obvious that he was coming on even if we hadn't scored the second.

Like I said, I hope he starts against Lazio, just the EL group games will be 6 games before Christmas and with the Carling Cup and a couple of league games there should be enough games to give him the minutes he needs to get back to match fitness.

What I'd like to see given a go:

-------------Friedel-------------
Walker--Gallas--Vert-----BAE
-------Sandro----Hudd--------
Lennon-----Dembele-----Bale
-----------Defoe/Ade---------

Actually he came on just a minute after the 2-0 goal and you could see him getting instructions and getting ready at 1-0, it seemed obvious that he was coming on even if we hadn't scored the second.

Like I said, I hope he starts against Lazio, just the EL group games will be 6 games before Christmas and with the Carling Cup and a couple of league games there should be enough games to give him the minutes he needs to get back to match fitness.

He's been playing Spurs XI matches too. He'll be back to full fitness in no time. Absolutely delighted that he didn't go to Stoke. They would have broke him.

That dummy was a thing of beauty, but I missed the crossfield pass people were talking about. About what minute was that? I might have a look for it.

He's been playing Spurs XI matches too. He'll be back to full fitness in no time. Absolutely delighted that he didn't go to Stoke. They would have broke him.

That dummy was a thing of beauty, but I missed the crossfield pass people were talking about. About what minute was that? I might have a look for it.

Quite near the end, basically thunderbolted a ball diagonally across the pitch

I think the fact we tried to loan him out kind of proves he is rated, he was out for a long time for various injuries and to be honest the right thing for him was to get games. Best passer of a ball since Hoddle for me, the lad has a ping on him

that was pretty good. I take back everything I say about the Hudd. He has a part to play in our team I think. Squad player, could start some games agains the lesser teams.

thought his crossfield pass was a beaut

He's always had that in his locker though hasn't he.

I think it's clear AVB rates him, when we have been winning games he has looked to bring him on because he recognises his passing skills when we need to retain possession. Didn't think it was a bad idea to loan him out (would have preferred a more footballing side than Stoke) but glad he's here and hopefully get more game time in the cups etc and build up his fitness from there.

On a sidenote glad to see Townsend come on too, I really rate him....

Townsend looked good albeit for the 5 mins or so he got. Great little bit of quick skill to beat 2 players and cross for Defoes could have been hattrick.

Hope he gets more game time swapping with Lennon. Lennon needs the competition.

Townsend looked good albeit for the 5 mins or so he got. Great little bit of quick skill to beat 2 players and cross for Defoes could have been hattrick.

Hope he gets more game time swapping with Lennon. Lennon needs the competition.

Another one that will hopefully get plenty of game time in the EL this season, and as a winger this time.

Back