• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

Regardless of what part Huddlestone did or didn't play in the Norwich goal, the important point is that he was very obviously a yard off of the pace and not at all match fit -which was part of the reason he had to jump into the tackle. An up to speed Huddlestone would have probably reached the ball first, or at least at the same time without jumping in.

I thought it was bit unfair to put Thudd on with so little of the game remaining. That won't improve his match fitness - but the 90 minutes he got yesterday will. The sooner he is back in shape the better, because the best version of Thudd is an asset to any team. And we could do him back.

Totally agree with this and considering our lack of creativity we need a fit Huddlestone at the top of his game.
From the reports I've seen he was good in his 90min run out with the Spurs XI.

Wrong, yes. Completely wrong? I don't think so. It was a fair challenge in so much as his studs weren't' showing, and he did get clip the ball on his way through. But I believe, and I've just looked at it a few more times, that it was a stupid challenge to make. Middle of the pitch, sliding through, yes the studs are down but in today's game, with today's ref, that sort of challenge is always going to draw attention, and the truth is that Hudd (in real time) didn't look too clever. Should Halsey have seen it correctly first time? Possibly. But at the time, he apparently saw the same. Yes, a mistake. But the truth is, if he was fitter he'd never have had to go to ground in that fashion.

I absolutely accept that I might well have confused 'lethargy' with frustration in this case, but for me, something wasn't right about either the challenge or Hudd. Here's going he proves me wrong, charges about like Bolt when he gets fit and bangs in one of his trademark corkers!

Sorry steff, I'm sticking with completely wrong. You thought at the time that he wouldn't ever win that ball with a tackle, he did just that with a hard, but fair tackle within the rules of the game.

It was in the middle of the pitch, but at the time it was 1-1 at home against a team most people expected us to beat with the clock running down and winning the ball might give us a chance to set up a decent attack. He was right to be determined to get that ball. Like I said, I would have liked to see some of that determination in our starting 11.

Hoping for him to be like Bolt is just a trademark unrealistic expectation. We know what his strengths are and pace won't ever be one of them. That doesn't mean that he's not a good player or that he's not a good player defensively.

The difference is people are correct to be blaming Livermore for their goal. If someone's at fault I don't see any reason why people shouldn't mention that on a forum. We should have played much better as a team the whole game, that's not soley down to Livermore, he's 1 of 11 men, but the instance where Norwich scored was down to him.

because it is very rare that one person is at fault for a goal

Middle of the pitch, sliding through, yes the studs are down but in today's game, with today's ref, that sort of challenge is always going to draw attention
Here you might have hit the nail on the proverbial head. I thought "and then we're off" immediately, even without looking where his studs may have been and Howson obviously making a meal out of it. Even if it rightly got rescinded, it doesn't help when you're a man down. Until the refs get cameras/replays, it's best to stay out of that type of tackling altogether.

Here you might have hit the nail on the proverbial head. I thought "and then we're off" immediately, even without looking where his studs may have been and Howson obviously making a meal out of it. Even if it rightly got rescinded, it doesn't help when you're a man down. Until the refs get cameras/replays, it's best to stay out of that type of tackling altogether.

Why is no-one saying the same thing about Howson? They both went into a 50-50 challenge, and Hudd got MORE of the ball!

But very common for one player to be more at fault than others, like the Norwich goal..

yes, there is always one person who contribution to a goal superceeds others...but the fact is that its a team...everyone contributes to it. there shouldnt be regualr spacegoating. how was thudd even going to win that header anyway?

people are talking about him being slow to a challenge he actually won, but somehow lambast him for not making a challenge he was never going to get to in the first place...

can we get a youtube clip of that disaster please.

yes, there is always one person who contribution to a goal superceeds others...but the fact is that its a team...everyone contributes to it. there shouldnt be regualr spacegoating. how was thudd even going to win that header anyway?

people are talking about him being slow to a challenge he actually won, but somehow lambast him for not making a challenge he was never going to get to in the first place...

You want a youtube clip of the whole match? :p

I agree that most of the time, a team concedes and there are several opportunities to clear a ball. I think what this thread is proving is that we're all frustrated and all seeking some 'answer' when the truth is, the way it was shaping up, an equalizer was inevitable. So yes mate, a fair point. For the record, I would love Hudd to find fitness, form and supreme focus, but I just don't know if that's going to happen...

Fair enough mate, it's all about perspectives.
I will address the Bolt thing...you do know I was joking/exaggerating? Obviously speed is never going to be part of his game! I was merely saying I hoped he would get fitter and be a little sharper over the first few yards!!!

Good to hear mate...as for Livermore, I have personally had a few people on my back for refusing to slag him off or say he's not good enough, simply because he's not Lionel Messi! He got a pasting for conceding the free kick (silly response from him but he was being fouled too). My comment on Hudd's non-Ariel challenge was in response to the Livermore staggers. The truth is what you said here a little further back; it was a poor team effort so far as that concession was concerned.

Steff why are you posting to yourself?

:ross:

Because I'm :special:

No, seriously, thanks for pointing that out mate, I was using my mobile and it appears to have cut out the referred quote...these were replies to AFFY!!!!! So African, in short, you're right mate, it was a team failure and not just one man!!!!! There, just saved him the trouble of reading those...

Fair enough mate, it's all about perspectives.
I will address the Bolt thing...you do know I was joking/exaggerating? Obviously speed is never going to be part of his game! I was merely saying I hoped he would get fitter and be a little sharper over the first few yards!!!

I did realize that. :) Just that I get tired of all the focus on Hudd's lack of mobility when he's shown that he can do a great job despite his limitations when it comes to pace. When it comes up over and over again it seems to me to be like complaining about Lennon's lack of height.

I did realize that. :) Just that I get tired of all the focus on Hudd's lack of mobility when he's shown that he can do a great job despite his limitations when it comes to pace. When it comes up over and over again it seems to me to be like complaining about Lennon's lack of height.

Don't quite see the comparison..

Lennon can't train himself to be taller, his height isn't something he can work on..

Thudd's fitness though..

Don't quite see the comparison..

Lennon can't train himself to be taller, his height isn't something he can work on..

Thudd's fitness though..

What do you mean by fitness? I was talking about limitations when it comes to pace.

You don't think there are genetics that control Huddlestone's physique?

He can probably improve his fitness after about a year out injured.

Think something's got confused here, I don't blame Hudd for their goal in the slightest, it quite clearly was nothing to do with him. I was blaming Livermore. I don't see the problem in highlighting an individual mistake on a forum, as long as it's done appropriately, I.e. not calling the player a **** or anything, no one likes to read that.

Back