• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

I have to say I wasnt in favour of the loan but after seeing him on saturday sending him on loan to get fit till january would have been perfect. He looks a long way from being fit, seemed so slow and lumbering to me. Also his fault we conceded, he didnt clear it properly.

I have to say I wasnt in favour of the loan but after seeing him on saturday sending him on loan to get fit till january would have been perfect. He looks a long way from being fit, seemed so slow and lumbering to me. Also his fault we conceded, he didnt clear it properly.

He played a part in not clearing it but the Norwich player who crossed was allowed to cross, the header from that cross was won, THEN Hudd didn't do his part and Snidgrads was allowed to shoot. So it's not ALL Hudd's fault.

Thank GHod somebody else has finally seen this. His absolutely pathetic attempt at an ariel challenge (which I suspect Stephen Hawking could've made a better effort at) was symptomatic of his general lack of fitness and lethargy. I have to say, when I FIRST saw him shaping up to make the challenge for which he was sent off, I thought 'why'? He was never going to win that ball in a month of Sundays! From Halsey's angle I think it had to be difficult NOT to see him lumbering into this silly challenge, and I suspect he didn't clearly see that Hudd had not gone in studs up (something for which he has previous). It's such a shame, because when he's fitter, or hungrier, or just 15% more mobile, he can be an excellent asset. go and enough with the fro, leave that to BAE...cut it!

He played a part in not clearing it but the Norwich player who crossed was allowed to cross, the header from that cross was won, THEN Hudd didn't do his part and Snidgrads was allowed to shoot. So it's not ALL Hudd's fault.

Not all his fault, but at the time I thought if he'd made an effort, that ball doesn't drop for Snodgrass to daisy cut that passing shot at snail speed into the corner...

i know i am being silly BUT...Huddlestone looks like a twit with that hair. i prefer my footies shaven, focused and vicious looking apart from Ginola of course.

dont worry about it. dont try illustrate the team aspect of football/match. your lecturing to a generation of blaming cultures. its got to have someone to hang

this is great stuff really, one header that thudd was late to and then whole shambles of 90 minutes plus all the situations that actually led to that one goal of theirs falls squarely on the shoulders of the big guy....and i dont mean AVB

Thank GHod somebody else has finally seen this. His absolutely pathetic attempt at an ariel challenge (which I suspect Stephen Hawking could've made a better effort at) was symptomatic of his general lack of fitness and lethargy. I have to say, when I FIRST saw him shaping up to make the challenge for which he was sent off, I thought 'why'? He was never going to win that ball in a month of Sundays! From Halsey's angle I think it had to be difficult NOT to see him lumbering into this silly challenge, and I suspect he didn't clearly see that Hudd had not gone in studs up (something for which he has previous). It's such a shame, because when he's fitter, or hungrier, or just 15% more mobile, he can be an excellent asset. go and enough with the fro, leave that to BAE...cut it!

Well, you were completely wrong then. This month only had 5 Sundays and he still won the ball fairly. It was a very good tackle.

I'm not sure what your point is about Halsey's angle. Wasn't Hudd supposed to make his good tackle because from Halsey's angle it might look like a dangerous tackle? The ref is supposed to see the offense is he not? He's supposed to see that the player goes in dangerously, not just not see that he didn't.

At least Hudd showed some determination, if half our players had started the game with half that determination I think our chances of getting a result would have improved. Instead we were on the back foot. I can't argue with his "general lack of fitness", but how can you accuse him of lethargy when he was the one making and winning the tackle you thought there was no chance of him winning?

dont worry about it. dont try illustrate the team aspect of football/match. your lecturing to a generation of blaming cultures. its got to have someone to hang

this is great stuff really, one header that thudd was late to and then whole shambles of 90 minutes plus all the situations that actually led to that one goal of theirs falls squarely on the shoulders of the big guy....and i dont mean AVB

LOL, very very rich mate, as if you yourself don't ever indulge in the blame-game...you haven't seen others hanging it (and, indeed, our entire season thus far) on Livermore? I guess it depends who's 'blame' rattles one's 'game'...

Well, you were completely wrong then. This month only had 5 Sundays and he still won the ball fairly. It was a very good tackle.

I'm not sure what your point is about Halsey's angle. Wasn't Hudd supposed to make his good tackle because from Halsey's angle it might look like a dangerous tackle? The ref is supposed to see the offense is he not? He's supposed to see that the player goes in dangerously, not just not see that he didn't.

At least Hudd showed some determination, if half our players had started the game with half that determination I think our chances of getting a result would have improved. Instead we were on the back foot. I can't argue with his "general lack of fitness", but how can you accuse him of lethargy when he was the one making and winning the tackle you thought there was no chance of him winning?

Wrong, yes. Completely wrong? I don't think so. It was a fair challenge in so much as his studs weren't' showing, and he did get clip the ball on his way through. But I believe, and I've just looked at it a few more times, that it was a stupid challenge to make. Middle of the pitch, sliding through, yes the studs are down but in today's game, with today's ref, that sort of challenge is always going to draw attention, and the truth is that Hudd (in real time) didn't look too clever. Should Halsey have seen it correctly first time? Possibly. But at the time, he apparently saw the same. Yes, a mistake. But the truth is, if he was fitter he'd never have had to go to ground in that fashion.

I absolutely accept that I might well have confused 'lethargy' with frustration in this case, but for me, something wasn't right about either the challenge or Hudd. Here's going he proves me wrong, charges about like Bolt when he gets fit and bangs in one of his trademark corkers!

Nothing to do with Livermore giving away a stupid free kick in a dangerous area for an off the ball incident, then losing his man who happened to score the goal? Huddlestone challenged for the header, he didn't win the ball, it was a knock down by the Norwich player if I remember rightly, you make it sound like he had a chance to clear the danger! I'd go as far to say that had Hudd won the challenge for the ball it would have been given a penalty, that's the only way he could have won it the way the ball travelled.

But yea, the idea of a loan for Hudd did grow on me the more I thought about it, as much as I don't think 7 minutes coming on as sub is enough to judge him.

Wrong, yes. Completely wrong? I don't think so. It was a fair challenge in so much as his studs weren't' showing, and he did get clip the ball on his way through. But I believe, and I've just looked at it a few more times, that it was a stupid challenge to make. Middle of the pitch, sliding through, yes the studs are down but in today's game, with today's ref, that sort of challenge is always going to draw attention, and the truth is that Hudd (in real time) didn't look too clever. Should Halsey have seen it correctly first time? Possibly. But at the time, he apparently saw the same. Yes, a mistake. But the truth is, if he was fitter he'd never have had to go to ground in that fashion.

I absolutely accept that I might well have confused 'lethargy' with frustration in this case, but for me, something wasn't right about either the challenge or Hudd. Here's going he proves me wrong, charges about like Bolt when he gets fit and bangs in one of his trademark corkers!

Watching it on the TV in real-time I thought he'd gone in studs up and was likely to get a red. It didn't help that Johnson was writhing around in "agony". I don't blame Halsey for making the call as everything looked like he had jumped in. Fair play to him/the FA for rescinding it. It made no real difference to the game as there were only a few mins left.

Think I've lost count of the number of players blamed for the Norwich goal. Can we just put it down to poor team defending? You defend as a team, attack as a team and all that....

LOL, very very rich mate, as if you yourself don't ever indulge in the blame-game...you haven't seen others hanging it (and, indeed, our entire season thus far) on Livermore? I guess it depends who's 'blame' rattles one's 'game'...

i'm trying to think which INDIVIDUAL i have blamed for a game or incident that was team oriented and i cannot think of one outside of Crouch against madrid

so no i dont like the blame game, hate it and do my best not to do it

and no i havent seen anyone digging at livermore. i'm not on here nearly as much ....i have seen nothing

blame game is clearly not my thing but i understand people are very comfortable with it

The difference is people are correct to be blaming Livermore for their goal. If someone's at fault I don't see any reason why people shouldn't mention that on a forum. We should have played much better as a team the whole game, that's not soley down to Livermore, he's 1 of 11 men, but the instance where Norwich scored was down to him.

Regardless of what part Huddlestone did or didn't play in the Norwich goal, the important point is that he was very obviously a yard off of the pace and not at all match fit -which was part of the reason he had to jump into the tackle. An up to speed Huddlestone would have probably reached the ball first, or at least at the same time without jumping in.

I thought it was bit unfair to put Thudd on with so little of the game remaining. That won't improve his match fitness - but the 90 minutes he got yesterday will. The sooner he is back in shape the better, because the best version of Thudd is an asset to any team. And we could do him back.

Regardless of what part Huddlestone did or didn't play in the Norwich goal, the important point is that he was very obviously a yard off of the pace and not at all match fit -which was part of the reason he had to jump into the tackle. An up to speed Huddlestone would have probably reached the ball first, or at least at the same time without jumping in.

I thought it was bit unfair to put Thudd on with so little of the game remaining. That won't improve his match fitness - but the 90 minutes he got yesterday will. The sooner he is back in shape the better, because the best version of Thudd is an asset to any team. And we could do him back.

hear hear, can't argue with that (although even in real time I didn't think it was a foul, let alone a straight red)

Back