• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

Sorry mate but that's a load of tosh; as for being ashamed to say he is a Spurs player - my reply to you would get me banned so I'll pass on that. All I can say is that you are one might Johnny-come-lately! Imagine if you were around 10 years ago and had the luxury of a Tramezzani, a Sinton or a Fox!

AS for your comments: Bale played central midfield during the first half of the season and we continued to win; It's not as if Pav was cutting up trees and if Parker was on the pitch against Norwich we would not have lost and would be in CL heaven right now...

You can say what you please i wont report you im not one of them touchy feely ones on here. Infact some of the older posters like DHSF will tell you i have been on this very website for 10 years, been a member at the lane for 31 years in a row so not a johnny come lately, though i often cum after the wife and over her as well:D Parker is an awful player i know he does a lot of defensive work but so did freund and i was no fan of his, though he had something i admired, maybe his accent.

Bale drifted more inside the longer the season went and as our results went against us, he decided to run out of position far more often thinking he was ronaldo or messi and could change the course of the game on his own. Even though from what i can tell his right foot is only for standing on. I should add i think bale is a bloody good left winger and with experince he should learn to hold his position better. I like him and do not want to see him leave.

I agree totally about pav i would rather we played kane, that is not to say i think he is the next big thing is just i thought pav was a waste of space and i would rather see a younng english guy given a chance instead of having to watch pav.

As for parker playing against norwich and us getting champs league football, i would suggest if he had not come on against an awful villa side and defoe had of i think we would be in champs league right now, i do not care that we were down to 10 men. But that was not parkers fault that was redknapps. Now there was a guy i was trully ashamed to see at my club.

Parker is not awful but an upgrade on him would be great if not then i think livermore is only slighty behind him and the added bonus of being younger and home grown(important under the new rules)

Maltese Falcon - I have no idea who Japanese garden lover is - He tends to send me photos of his buttocks naked

The same can be said of Modric. Happened several times last season IIRC.

If THudd was foreign, posters would be creaming themselves about his passing range and potential. Because he is English, he is "too slow" and a "plodder". His mobility is no worse than Modric, Kranjcar or VdV.

I disagree with that, when Modric was paired with Huddlestone in central midfield, Modric was used as Hudds legs.

Love ya really. Although preferred you as Chich not as your current bricky name

the current bricky name will be going soon as my garden looks nothing like a japanese garden due to the fact everything got flooded.

Trying to think of new nickname and i will PM you as soon as i decide, big boy:barnet:

the current bricky name will be going soon as my garden looks nothing like a japanese garden due to the fact everything got flooded.

Trying to think of new nickname and i will PM you as soon as i decide, big boy:barnet:

Maybe 'I am a ****' is apt for you

If THudd was foreign, posters would be creaming themselves about his passing range and potential. Because he is English, he is "too slow" and a "plodder". His mobility is no worse than Modric, Kranjcar or VdV.

What passing range ? He passes square, to unmarked players. He does not have the skill of a foreign player. He is too slow to improvise, he does not play the cute ball inside that create chances.

His main attribute is the square pass to an unmarked player, he does that quite well, but it is not the most difficult pass, it does not have to be perfectly weighted.

Surely if he was that good he would have more assists and more goals? It can't be a fluke, after 7 seasons, someone with a fantastic passing range and fantastic shot, would not have such a pathetic record of assists and goals.

What passing range ? He passes square, to unmarked players. He does not have the skill of a foreign player. He is too slow to improvise, he does not play the cute ball inside that create chances.

His main attribute is the square pass to an unmarked player, he does that quite well, but it is not the most difficult pass, it does not have to be perfectly weighted.

Surely if he was that good he would have more assists and more goals? It can't be a fluke, after 7 seasons, someone with a fantastic passing range and fantastic shot, would not have such a pathetic record of assists and goals.

Couldn't disagree more, his long cross-field passing is his signature pass and he is as good at it as anyone in the world. The reason he doesn't score more is because he plays deep.

Couldn't disagree more, his long cross-field passing is his signature pass and he is as good at it as anyone in the world. The reason he doesn't score more is because he plays deep.
It's the pass that English players can and do, do, but it is not as effective as some more difficult ones, It switches play, but does not normally cut out defenders. If you watch the Spanish tonight, the chances were made by the weighted slide rule pass, not something Hudd is renowned for.

Hoddle's passes were over the top, played with back spin and weighted. A completly different far superior skill.

It's a shame Hudd does not have the range, to do those or the slide rule one.

I have to admit, I think a lot of people confuse good technique with being good at a few other things. Huddlestone's technique is lovely, but I do think his passing is massively over rated by Spurs fans. His short passing game is good but no more than that, and when playing longer balls forward he does tend to overhit them. He has a beautiful crossfield pass, that he often hits early and very accurately, but that for me is pretty much the only top class pass he seems to have in his locker on a regular basis.

It's the pass that English players can and do, do, but it is not as effective as some more difficult ones, It switches play, but does not normally cut out defenders. If you watch the Spanish tonight, the chances were made by the weighted slide rule pass, not something Hudd is renowned for.

Hoddle's passes were over the top, played with back spin and weighted. A completly different far superior skill.

It's a shame Hudd does not have the range, to do those or the slide rule one.

Hudds slide rule passes had an awful lot to do with Lennon's 14 assists in one half of the season.

Sorry, I did not realise it was that many . I may be old fashioned, but surely someone with great shot would score goals.

If we were after a midfield player now and his record was 8 goals in 7 seasons, would any think he had great shot?

He has about as many assist. I could cope with a player who was slow and not agile, if they really did have a great shot and could split defenses with their astute passing.

In 7 years, Hudd has not done that, he has taken plenty of shots,p[plenty of free kicks, tried plenty of defense splitting passes- the trouble is , his success rate is very, very low.

No problem with having a player of his type, would just like a much better one.

I agree with all of that, as i have said i believe he is the most overated player at our club and i would not be surprised if he has gone before the year is up.

Compering him to Modric is having a laugh. #-o

Tom Huddlestone @TomHuddlestone6

Good weeks training under my belt this week, looking forward to joining in as normal when the lads come back on monday!

Some would argue we didn't really. I'm in in neither camp.

Im in the camp we did. He sprays passes about and does link up well with Lennon especially. Its even more evident when we play the likes of Sunderland, we did miss Thudd last season as some of those games where we dominated but didnt really get into amazing positions was because we lacked that killer ball - Thudd provides that

People who would argue we did not miss him are probably people who cannot remember how critical he was during the season we finished 4th. As I always say, best passer at the club bar none

Ah well, people are allowed to be wrong ;)

Posted this in another thread as well, but I really want to see Hudd in the role/position Romeu had for Chelsea under AVB last season. Similar to Busquet's role for Barca. I know most people want Sandro or Parker there, and for some games that might be needed, but against a lot of teams, especially defensive sides having Hudd in there spraying passes and controlling our play would be very good for us I think.

Back