• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

Nah, I disagree. Andrea Pirlo is no speedster but his passing makes him a class above. Any team can afford to have a player with Hudd's pace if they have the right players around them. Xavi and Xabi do not rely on their pace. How come we can cannot cope with Hudd's pace but we can cope with VDV who is no Usain Bolt

hes a tank, he moves like a tank. too slow IMO.

ill add I think he is a good player, but he is not a great tackler, slow, and when loses possession he adds nothing. He is an amazing passer of the ball I give you that, but we need more than the Hollywood passes to be effective as a team.

VDV will score you goals, and covers lots of ground so I don't think you can compare the 2 really, he's a lot quicker than Hudd.

He would do against some bricker teams, but against the big teams he always gets outplayed.

ill add I think he is a good player, but he is not a great tackler, slow, and when loses possession he adds nothing. He is an amazing passer of the ball I give you that, but we need more than the Hollywood passes to be effective as a team.

VDV will score you goals, and covers lots of ground so I don't think you can compare the 2 really, he's a lot quicker than Hudd.

He would do against some bricker teams, but against the big teams he always gets outplayed.

Not from where I sit in the Paxton mate

I think AVB will probably discard Parker, so maybe Hudd will be part of midfield three with Livermore and Sandro.
Front three of Bale, Defoe and Sturridge.

GHod no! Livermore is way over-rated and Defoe is only good enough if you want to finish 6th-8th

You guys reckon hundred stone will get back in?

I doubt I with Parker, Sandro, Livermore and Moutinho( :) ) ahead if him!!

He's no slower than Modric, can spray the ball around just as well, and is a far better shooter. Oh, and he won't cost us anything.

He has a crap shot, had scored about 6 PL goals in 6 seasons. He is crap at free kicks, crap at corners. rarely gets assists. BAE is a more incisive passer. His only real attribute is a square pass.

He strikes the ball cleanly, which is why he is considered to have a good shot and pass. If he was a golfer, he would hit the ball far, but not straight.

He has a crap shot, had scored about 6 PL goals in 6 seasons. He is crap at free kicks, crap at corners. rarely gets assists. BAE is a more incisive passer. His only real attribute is a square pass.

He strikes the ball cleanly, which is why he is considered to have a good shot and pass. If he was a golfer, he would hit the ball far, but not straight.

Well summed up for me ' (although its 8 prem goals in 7 seasons=P~)

Huddlestone is a fabulous footballer, amazes me how quickly some forget.

Even in a midfield 2 with Modric he was holding his own and showing us what he is capable of - mobility (while limited) is really not an issue.

I look forward to him returning to fitness, will be like a new signing. I also look forward to him in a midfield 3, which will compensate even more for his mobility to allow him to really shine

Hope to see a few more goals like this from the Hudd in coming seasons:

[video=youtube;2dcGMApCOAo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dcGMApCOAo[/video]

Those who are complaining about Huddlestone being too slow are everything that' wrong about English football.

This is precisely why the national side will never win anything - for some insane reason we seem to value athleticism over talent.

It reminds me of when Hoddle kept gettin overlooked for the England team because he didn't hare around the pitch kicking lumps out of people.

A midfield 3 of Sandro, Hudd, and Modric would be the most perfectly balanced in the Premiership, and would go a long way to breaking down the stubborn defences we have so much trouble with.

Those who are complaining about Huddlestone being too slow are everything that' wrong about English football.

This is precisely why the national side will never win anything - for some insane reason we seem to value athleticism over talent.

It reminds me of when Hoddle kept gettin overlooked for the England team because he didn't hare around the pitch kicking lumps out of people.

A midfield 3 of Sandro, Hudd, and Modric would be the most perfectly balanced in the Premiership, and would go a long way to breaking down the stubborn defences we have so much trouble with.

That midfield looks great on paper but none of those would score a great number of goals and we'd need one of them to contribute at least 10 goals a season imo. Plus, Modric will likely leave this summer.

However, I do think Huddlestone has a great role to play in the team. His passing is excellent.

It's not so much his lack of pace ( he is a plodder though) its the defensive reading of the game which is the biggest problem. The number of times i have seen opposistion players run in behind him because he is ball watching is not good enough.

As for Hoddle he is the best player i have seen in a Spurs shirt and i go back to the early 60's, he is streets above Hudd and the comparison is a poor one.

Back