• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

We are one and the same, i love his passing and i think he is still very important for us and has a very big role to play for us especailly in a 5 man midfield.

Also think he can be very important in european games, also if we had an england manager who actually knew football he would take a player like huddlestone to tournaments, he may not be the top performer in the brick fast paced prem but in internationals he would be very well suited, not sure why an england manager never just takes the best passers of the ball.

Huddlestone in the fitness state he showed under ramos could well be one of our best players i fear he will probably end up having a similar football life to danny murphy and leave us for a lower ranked team where he will do well when the team use him as there sole creative outlet.

I think lennons drop in form was partly due to not having huddlestone dinking the quick ball out to him. Our side seem to be obessed with always going through bale and modric rather then using lennon. Huddlestone has the football intelligence to use both sides which puts the opposition on the back foot and also means they can not mark one of the wingers out of the game.

We miss huddlestone and he is my favourite player since gazza and before that hoddle.

Good post. Echoes my exact feelings. I'll die a little on the inside if he is sold.

Did someone mention he took up boxing to keep the weight down?

Totally disagree with those saying that Hudd won't have a huge role to play under AVB. AVB is going to want to play a three-man midfield with a destroyer, a passer, and a creator. As the team is currently constructed, I see that as Sandro, Modric replacement (Moutinho, Sahin, etc.), and Huddlestone (passer). Of course, in some matches, I could see AVB playing Parker and Sandro to add more defensive stability, or possibly I could imagine VDV dropping into the midfield at times though I'd imagine he'll play in the attacking three a la Juan Mata last year. But he'll need to pick 3 from a rotation of Sandro, Parker, Huddlestone, Siggurdson, and Modric replacement, meaning there will be plenty of games for the Hudd next year. He offers long-range passing, composure, and good technical quality in the middle of the park, and though he has been derided for his weight in earlier seasons, he gets around the park more than many people think. If he can get back to full fitness, I see him playing a massive role in the team.

I think AVB will line-up something like that. If we don't sign a Modric replacement, I suppose it could be filled by Siggurdsson, but honestly, I've not seen enough of him to know whether or not he could cover Modric's role.

--------------Friedel--------------
Walker--Vert--Kaboul---BAE
-------Sandro----------Hudd------
-----------Modric Replacement----
----VDV-----------------------Bale----
---------------#9------------------

gonads forgotten man... he's been injured for an entire season!!!

On a good day, he's got as sweet a pass as Hoddle, he just needs a few more good days!
IF Modric goes, we could do a lot worse than THudd and either Parker or Sandro in the CM... might be a bit 'Beefy' might not ALWAYS be pretty to watch, but it COULD be very effective...

...and honestly, I would LOOVE it if he came back ALL GUNS BLAZING and takes our midfield by storm next season... LOOOVE IT!

I think AVB will probably discard Parker, so maybe Hudd will be part of midfield three with Livermore and Sandro.
Front three of Bale, Defoe and Sturridge.

He's only 25 as well, plenty of time left for him to get back to full fitness and improve his game

--------------Friedel--------------
Walker--Vert--Kaboul---BAE
-------Sandro----------Hudd------
-----------Modric Replacement----
----VDV-----------------------Bale----
---------------#9------------------

Why not play VDV in a midfield 3? He rarely ever plays in the forward 3 for his country

Huddlestone helped get Champions League football.

Missed the end of that season we partook in the ECL and missed all of last.

To right he has a part to play.

Hudd would've been sooooo useful in games last year when we played 3 cms, but were forced to have both Parker and Sandro.

Thudd is quality. He is exactly the kind of player we need. He has a great range of passing and he sees a forward pass early. He is a player who can unlock defences through passing. People question his fitness and mobility, but as long he is mobile enough to get around a three man midfield for 90 minutes that will do for me.

Thudd is quality. He is exactly the kind of player we need. He has a great range of passing and he sees a forward pass early. He is a player who can unlock defences through passing. People question his fitness and mobility, but as long he is mobile enough to get around a three man midfield for 90 minutes that will do for me.

It's those ankle's of his though, it seems the last 2-3 years every injury he's picked up is ankle related. I'm not sure if they are related to an underlying issue, but I hope his recent op's have fixed it. His range of passing makes me think back to Hoddle and I appreciate any footballer who can deliver passes of that quality, even if they lack a bit of mobility.

id like him in the squad but think he's too slow for a top 4 team. As previously stated Hudd would not get into City, Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea's team so why should he get into ours. Good squad player, but thats about it really.

id like him in the squad but think he's too slow for a top 4 team. As previously stated Hudd would not get into City, Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea's team so why should he get into ours. Good squad player, but thats about it really.

Nah, I disagree. Andrea Pirlo is no speedster but his passing makes him a class above. Any team can afford to have a player with Hudd's pace if they have the right players around them. Xavi and Xabi do not rely on their pace. How come we can cannot cope with Hudd's pace but we can cope with VDV who is no Usain Bolt

Back