• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

With the way we setup with Lennon and Bale on the flanks and the idea to bring the ball to the enemy third as soon as possible over the wings,there is no better CM combination than Modric/Huddlestone.

We would be absolutely destroying the smaller teams with a midfield of Bale-Modric-Hudd-Lennon and 2 strikers.
For the bigger games,drop 1 striker maybe,push Modric a bit more forward and bring in Parker or Sandro.

In the first half of this season, the Modric/Parker partnership was far better than the Modric/Huddlestone partnership of the previous couple of years

gotta say, looking ahead toward next season, if we can find an actual threat at forward, we'll be extremely tough to beat.

--------------- Striker --------------
Bale ------------------------ Lennon
--------------------------------------
------- Modric ------- Hudd --------
--------------- Sandro --------------
Benoit ---------------------- Walker
---------- Kaboul - Caulker --------
--------------- Friedel --------------

that side (provided we can actually sign a striker worth something) should be able to challenge for the title.

If we could manage to bring in Hazard for cover on both flanks, I'd be tempted to say we'd be guaranteed at least a top 3 finish.

plus, switching to 4-3-3 would allow Gio to stay \o/

Which as only played 13 times as a partnership in 4 years.

It was first tried 2 years ago and has been limited to 13 because of injuries to mainly hudd but occasionally modric.

For me, I'd be going either 3 in midfield with hudd, modric and Parker/sandro or 2 cm's with modric/hudd and sandro/parker.

I just think all this talk of how poor hudd is is completely baseless, there's still this predetermined idea that he's fat, immobile, can't tackle, weak and can't defend, but that hasn't been the case for years (he's never going to get about the pitch like Parker, but his immobility is GREATLY exaggerated IMO). I find the comparison to Livermore frankly laughable, JL has done a good job coming in and plugging gaps and is a really good squad player if he's happy with that, but in an ideal world where the 4 1st choice cm's don't get injured then JL wouldn't get much of a look in other than cup games.

Last edited:
In the first half of this season, the Modric/Parker partnership was far better than the Modric/Huddlestone partnership of the previous couple of years

The Modric/Huddlestone partnership did win against Arsenal,and absolutely destroyed Inter,Chelsea and ManCity(unfortunately it ended 0:0).

If we could manage to bring in Hazard for cover on both flanks, I'd be tempted to say we'd be guaranteed at least a top 3 finish.

A ?ú30m player as cover?? I'd assume he'd be a guaranteed starter!

It was first tried 2 years ago and has been limited to 13 because of injuries to mainly hudd but occasionally modric.

For me, I'd be going either 3 in midfield with hud, modric and Parker/sandro or 2 Cm's with modric/hudd and Sandro/parker.

I just think all this talk of how poor jud is is completely baseless, there's still this predetermined idea that he's fat, immobile, can't tackle, weak and can't defend, but that hasn't been the case for years (he's never going to get about the pitch like Parker, but his immobility is GREATLY exaggerated IMO). I find the comparison to Livermore frankly laughable, JL has done a good job coming in and plugging gaps and is a really good squad player if he's happy with that, but in an ideal world where the 4 1st choice cm's don't get injured then JL wouldn't get much of a look in other than cup games.

I except that, i just used the time they have been here in answer to someone who suggested they have played a lot together. But it not all down to injuries why it has been so few games together, other partnerships have been preferred in a lot of the other games. As for Hud i stand by my previous comments about his weaknesses for the English game, he would be far better suited playing abroad where the pace of the game is much slower and opponents do not get in your face as often.

I have never said Livermore is a better player ( i have not seen enough of him to say that) but i have no doubt that the Hudd if he stays here is going to be much more then a bench player ( imo)

A ?ú30m player as cover?? I'd assume he'd be a guaranteed starter!

agree 100%. was insinuating more that any 2 of Bale, Lennon, and Hazard on the pitch at the same time should be dangerous enough. guess i just worded it wrong.

now that I think about it..

---------------- Striker ---------------
Bale ---------- Hazard ------- Lennon
---------- Modric -- Hudd ------------
Benoit - Kaboul -- Caulker - Walker
---------------- Friedel ---------------

looks pretty tasty too.

cue typical "who's this striker fella youre talking about? haven't heard much about him" gayness

I think Huddlestone would have been great for today in our midfield.I would have played him instead of Sandro because IMO it looked like we didn't really need a second pure DM since we already had Parker.Huddlestone would have provided a bit more attacking threat and that might just have been enough to maybe win us the game.

definitely has a part to play for us in the coming seasons

Huddelstone alongside Modric and Parker (or Sandro) with Bale and Lennon on the wings would be good to see and would be a great fall back for when VdV is injured or needs hauling off on the 60 minute mark

bringing him on to exploit tiring defenders by releasing Bale/Lennon/Modric/Striker with his fantastic range of passing would be ideal

Last edited:
I think Huddlestone would have been great for today in our midfield.I would have played him instead of Sandro because IMO it looked like we didn't really need a second pure DM since we already had Parker.Huddlestone would have provided a bit more attacking threat and that might just have been enough to maybe win us the game.

any chance that it looked like we didnt need a second pure DM because we ACTUALLY had a second pure DM making extra sure that avenues were protected?

gotta say, looking ahead toward next season, if we can find an actual threat at forward, we'll be extremely tough to beat.

--------------- Striker --------------
Bale ------------------------ Lennon
--------------------------------------
------- Modric ------- Hudd --------
--------------- Sandro --------------
Benoit ---------------------- Walker
---------- Kaboul - Caulker --------
--------------- Friedel --------------

that side (provided we can actually sign a striker worth something) should be able to challenge for the title.

Sorry but that midfield would never work. THose 3 CMs might contribute about 10 goals between them over the course of a season. Modric is a poor finisher, Thudd gets great goals but only 2 or 3 per years and Sandro is a defensive CM. Add to that Lennon gets 5-8 goals top per season....there's far too few goals in that team

To play 3 CMs you need one of them to be like Scholes, Lampard or Tim Cahill ie someone who will get you say 12- 15 goals a yea ron their own

---------parker
--huddlestone---Modric
lennon------------Bale
-------Adebayor------

Parker is the first name on the sheet as far as im concerned. Cant understand why he wouldnt be starting next season.

any chance that it looked like we didnt need a second pure DM because we ACTUALLY had a second pure DM making extra sure that avenues were protected?
Thats exactly what I was going to reply. Parker and Sandro were almost acting live doubles pivotes today. One pressed high to force the mistake the other swept up. We played this very well against united too.

---------parker
--huddlestone---Modric
lennon------------Bale
-------Adebayor------

Parker is the first name on the sheet as far as im concerned. Cant understand why he wouldnt be starting next season.

This is what's wrong with the english game. We love the hustle and bustle, lung busting charge down a player, slide into a tackle full force sort of player. However we are spurs and we know how the game should be played, i'd rather us have players like Ginola, Bale, VDV, Modric, Sheringham, Gazza as the players I build my team around than the likes of your Parkers, Michael Browns, Zokora's etc.

This is what's wrong with the english game. We love the hustle and bustle, lung busting charge down a player, slide into a tackle full force sort of player. However we are spurs and we know how the game should be played, i'd rather us have players like Ginola, Bale, VDV, Modric, Sheringham, Gazza as the players I build my team around than the likes of your Parkers, Michael Browns, Zokora's etc.

It has nothing to do with the english game. Every team needs defenders. Parker has been superb all season. We've been crying out for a midfielder like him for years.

---------parker
--huddlestone---Modric
lennon------------Bale
-------Adebayor------

as above, not enough goals from that midfield for it to be a success

It has nothing to do with the english game. Every team needs defenders. Parker has been superb all season. We've been crying out for a midfielder like him for years.
Of course every team needs defenders, there are a lot more players who can do parkers job to at least the same standard he does. Sandro and Livermore have proven they can step in and do the same and we don't miss him. However take out any of Bale, Modric, Rafa, Lennon and you can see how affected our team is.

In fact not withstanding that we have 2 players who can do what Parker does, from the prem we probably can find the players in lesser teams that we can buy if needs be who can play it simple, hold position in front of midfield and put in a tackle:

Cattermole
Tiote
Henry
Diame
Sidwell
Palacios
Fellaini
and the list goes on, not even mentioning players from abroad.

If we sold any of Bale, Rafa, VDV who would we possibly buy to replace them?

Back