• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How are your nerves holding up?

I stupidly started looking at statto.com and the table after 26 games in previous seasons. Saw that we were 10 points clear of Arsenal after 25 points in 2012. We had 53 points then. City unbelievably made up 8 points on United after 32 games. Suddenly I find myself looking back at United in dread. The gaps not big enough!

In all honesty this just feels different. But there are so many points to play for still. I just hope we're still in this title race come April and May

Isn't this football thing just fun fun all the way!

Every 'league' game is now a cup final!

I'm past being nervous after yesterday!

I've come to realise that I have mid-table nerves that are ill equipped for where we find ourselves. I was a wreck all of the second half yesterday.

I've been like that for weeks.......and it won't get any better

Tyler and Quinn had me fuming in the first half, whereas going 1-0 up put me in a frenzy for the last 30mins

Tyler and Quinn had me fuming in the first half, whereas going 1-0 up put me in a frenzy for the last 30mins

it was brilliant when Eriksen scored, neither said a word for about two minutes, I could smell the salt from their tears

Last edited:
I feel like just enjoying the ride at the moment. But I'm nervy as fudge. My mind keeps telling me, "don't worry, you'll get back down soon, 3-0 defeat at West Ham, and a slump to Swansea at home" etc. It's too used to thinking like a Spurs-fan from the 90's. It'll take a while for the neurons in there to find new positive pathways, I think.

Edit - I'm not sure why you keep saying that Quinn and Tyler didn't say anything when Eriksen scored! I just watched the highlights, and they're praising Lamela's effort, Eriksen's goal, mentioning it's his birthday, saying what an important goal it is for us etc etc. And it's not like they celebrated like mad when City scored, they barely said anything then. Or is this one of those GG-superstition things where everyone has to go on about how crap they are, not to spite the OMT Gods?

there was definitely a period of silence after that, it might not have been at the moment we scored but it was soon after

it may have been removed from the highlights as well

I was doing OK until our second goal yesterday, I'd avoided really thinking about it.

I didn't celebrate the goal, or the final whistle, I was stunned. I still am.

I was doing OK until our second goal yesterday, I'd avoided really thinking about it.

I didn't celebrate the goal, or the final whistle, I was stunned. I still am.
I didn't celebrate the first goal thinking there's a long way to go yet. Some smug gooners back from their game, celebrated the City goal. For the second goal I, and the whole pub went completely fudging mental.:D

That four minutes of added time was the May 2010 Crouch match all over again. Went through every emotion lived every tackle and almost sh#t myself when Lloris made that fingertip save and it fell to Silva.
We had ordered a chinese for tea, but we were in no fit state to eat by 6pm, jelly-legs comes to mind.

But, would we have it any other way. Loved watching the Dembele post-match interview and all you could hear was Spurs fans still singing in the ground.

there was definitely a period of silence after that, it might not have been at the moment we scored but it was soon after

it may have been removed from the highlights as well

I thought the sound had gone on my tele.

It was only us lot singing our hearts out that proved otherwise.

Back