• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How are your nerves holding up?

We are Tottenham Hotspur. THE BEST CLUB TO SUPPORT IN THE WORLD. We have a clear philosophy from our history as innovators - the only non-leauge team to win the FA Cup, founders of push and run, the ONLY team to win the first 11 games of the season, the first British team to win a European trophy, the club that signed TWO world cup winners, the club who made Perryman, Miller, Hughton, Hoddle, Hazard, Ledley, Harry Kane, Ryan Mason, the club who discovered Roberts, Galvin, . Me, I feel f ucking great.

COYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's Leicester that's causing me stress!

Same here. Will be very annoyed if we don't finish above Leicester. Just can't accept a small team coming out of nowhere to finish above us. We are so used to finish below Arsenal and ManCity that it won't be that difficult to accept it again. In other words, will be very annoyed if we don't finish in top 3.

I am desperate for us to win this game tomorrow, i think this will show how far we have come if we can go there and grab a win. Being a Spurs fan i am waiting for the 4 or 5 - 0 smashing and us caving in, i know i am supposed to be positive but the past still haunts me.

This team and this atmosphere and what is going on with the team has a different feeling to Redknapps final season when we were in a similar position. Not finishing in the top 4 would be really disappointing now and i would agree with other fans when they call us "same ol Spurs" .

I'm not worried at all. I'm confident that we will finish top 4. I don't expect the Title, even if it might be possible. And so, I'll enjoy the ride. I know that the team is giving all that it can and is heading in the right direction and so it's good times now.

I posted a thread at the start of the season called The Power of Expectation or some bricke like that. But basically I was trying to point out that we need to be careful of the above i.e people coming away off the back of a very successful season unhappy due to a shift in their expectations mid season (assuming you are being sarcastic with your post)

If we end up 5th in May, having worked out a system, brought through young players, playing enjoyable football and regularly competing with the 'big boys', it's been a successful season. It's been a very successful season if you take into account how early we are in the plan.

I'd hate to start next season off on a negative note because we were in with a shout of winning the league in Feb and that has skewed fans expectations to something that they should not be.

This, this, absolutely this.

You can't shift the goalposts just because we're exceeding expectations. It is very, very easily done but I hope people aren't slating Poch at the end of the season if we finish 4th because we 'could' have finished 1st... It was like that under Redknapp. People didn't expect us to challenge for the title, we were up their for a bit and now he's been slated for not winning the league with that squad when anyone would have taken 4th at the start of that season and that's exactly where we finished.

I'm just enjoying the journey watching a team I didn't expect a great deal from exceeding my expectations at this moment in time. Of course that doesn't mean I'm not excited but it does mean that if we drop off I won't be disappointed as it's in line with what I first expected.

I can only imagine how's it like to be at WHL. Been a fan since the 80's, visited WHL a few times when living in UK, but for the last 12 years it's only been pub's and telly in Finland. Thanks to the better half and kids, been able to follow the way we play, the players we have, and all...

I've never been this pleased before. Whatever happens, it's 100% joy to watch us, enjoy and be proud. 'Arry was good in a strange way, but it always felt like a house of cards... But this Poch era, especially after AVB's boredom (I can understand how ManU fans feel), is like a dream come true. Fluency in attack, organised in defence, and the smiles on players faces... Makes me smile as well.

I've always joked about having a clause in my employment contract of a "one week extra holiday to go to London if Spurs win the league". Well, I do not have it, but I suppose my boss would understand... Not that I'm expecting it to happen. :) Top 4 yes, would be disappointed if not. But the way we are playing and progressing, It's just enjoyable, whatever happens.

COYS!!!!

Under AVB I'd expect to lose by 4 or 5 goals... it was despressing.

Now I'm expecting us to give them much more of a game and hopefully come away with the points.

Back