• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How are your nerves holding up?

I dont think you can look at it like that. Expectations will always rise during a season. We couldnt have imagine players like Dier, Alli, Alderwereld being as good as they are. Even the likes of Walker, Davies, Lamela & Trippier have been excellent. Are these guys playing out their skin or are they playing at the level that they can?

Anything but a top for finish will be a failure in my opinion at this stage. At the start of the season i didnt think any of the above would play like they have been.

This is the best chance we will have in a long time to finish high up.

next season City, Utd and Chelsea will be much MUCH stronger.

How are they going to get much stronger?

City would need 4/5 world class players and ones that can keep the pace of the premier league

Chelsea the same and a manager

Every season I hear that certain teams will be better next season because... But it rarely works like that

My nerves are fine. I started supporting Spurs in 1990, and having lived through the crap since then, I can't do anything but enjoy this ride with a grin and a mild confusion. I am a little conflicted by the whole thing, this is brand new! Even the season we qualified for CL didn't give me this feeling. The solidness of it all, the confidence. I follow Spurs TV a lot, and they keep reinforcing that confidence every day with short videos of our players having a great time with each other. I can honestly say that while I'll be dreadfully nervous to the point of screaming at the TV during games, this season is just pure joy to me.
WELL SAID SIR.
I am loving our football and the results.
However, I will be disappointed if we don't finish in the top 4.
Have faith COYS

I'm loving every match this season, we are strong, we are determined and we are winning. This is what I want from my Spurs. As long we finish top 4 then I will be over the moon with the season. Throw in a possible deep FA cup run and I'll be smitten.

Disagree. The league has been steadily declining in quality for about 5 years now. The Chinese money will help that continue.

United in particular are on a spiral of decline. City and Chelsea will also spend at least 6-9 months bedding in their new managers. We'll have the same coach, the same squad and massive momentum.
If we don't finish in the Champions league we wont have the same squad......simples

I dont think you can look at it like that. Expectations will always rise during a season. We couldnt have imagine players like Dier, Alli, Alderwereld being as good as they are. Even the likes of Walker, Davies, Lamela & Trippier have been excellent. Are these guys playing out their skin or are they playing at the level that they can?

Anything but a top for finish will be a failure in my opinion at this stage. At the start of the season i didnt think any of the above would play like they have been.

This is the best chance we will have in a long time to finish high up.

next season City, Utd and Chelsea will be much MUCH stronger.
Exactly. Put yourself in the shoes of Leicester fans: at the beginning of the season their aspirations were probably to not get relegated and maybe have a decent cup run. They're obviously not the same right now. I'd guess that if they don't win the title they'd be quite disappointed. Massively disappointed, if they don't make CL. Our expectations are only as valid as the knowledge of affairs we have at a given moment. When that knowledge changes, our expectations will follow suit. At the beginning of the season we thought we had a team that was marginally better than last year's. Now we know that we have a team that is significantly better than last year's. So it is quite normal that, based on that knowledge, the expectations will and should change.

It's going to be mighty tough to win the league but we are well in the mix! It could go to any of the top 4. Would I be disappointed if we don't win the league? Of course! Twist our home game against the Foxes around and we'd be on top, it's that close. I won't go into depression if we don't though, it's adreamI didn't expect. As for top 4; well I will be tinkled off if we don't. I expect and hope for top 3 at least considering our momentum.

I always say that I wrote off Poch's first 2 seasons because I thought we could be magic in the third. He has exceeded my expectations...

It's been a bloody brilliant ride though!!

I'm not nervous at the moment at all. I am finding that I am really eager for each game to come round, even this Sunday's, which recently has not been a good fixture for us. I feel so confident that we will put on a good show regardless of result and I guess that is why I feel pretty chilled. I think I will be even more nervous the normal with the West Ham/Arsenal fixtures though as they have the potential to ruin our chances or help us along the way not just allow for local bragging rights.

It's going to be mighty tough to win the league but we are well in the mix! It could go to any of the top 4. Would I be disappointed if we don't win the league? Of course! Twist our home game against the Foxes around and we'd be on top, it's that close. I won't go into depression if we don't though, it's adreamI didn't expect. As for top 4; well I will be tinkleed off if we don't. I expect and hope for top 3 at least considering our momentum.

I always say that I wrote off Poch's first 2 seasons because I thought we could be magic in the third. He has exceeded my expectations...

It's been a bloody brilliant ride though!!

Can you imagine the pressure our players would be under if we were top now? I'd be more than happy to stay in second right the way through and take the title in the last game.

I'm going to have a sit down now.

If we don't finish in the Champions league we wont have the same squad......simples

Who will leave if we finish 5th?

Lloris is very settled. It's too early for Kane, Alli and Dier (and Alder in terms of his career with us). Verts and Eriksen aren't good enough to go any higher than us.

I think a lot of the squad will also note how the Southampton players all flopped when they left Poch's system.

Fans, and the team, need to stay away from the hype. We are outsiders and unlikely to finish in 1st place. An underdog mentality might help us. To win we need others to drop points. All we can do is fight in every game.

I don't expect us to win on Sunday. But the result, either way, will not define our season.

Last edited:
The best defence in the league helps. Rarely do we have excruciating moments where we let teams back in. Pochettino the saviour of high blood pressure.

Can you imagine the pressure our players would be under if we were top now? I'd be more than happy to stay in second right the way through and take the title in the last game.

I'm going to have a sit down now.
Don't think the old ticker could take that. I like it to be wrapped up with a few games to spare :D

Who will leave if we finish 5th?

Lloris is very settled. It's too early for Kane, Alli and Dier (and Alder in terms of his career with us). Verts and Eriksen aren't good enough to go any higher than us.

I think a lot of the squad will also note how the Southampton players all flopped when they left Poch's system.

Based on what? If we don't get champions league he's off.

Based on what? If we don't get champions league he's off.

The media-speculation about him being off at various stages is only based on 1) Manchester United needing a new GK duringt he De Gea saga, and 2) the conclusion that everyone and their grandmother wants CL and/or big money.
Now, what we do know, and do not need to speculate about is that he would have been off if not for Pochettino. And since then, it's been going so well that I don't think he'll leave.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...its-stayed-Tottenham-Mauricio-Pochettino.html

Back