• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Redknapp's teams will always have a higher percentage of older, more experienced players than most, that's what works best for him. He's quite happy to ditch them when they come to the end of their usefulness, even if it means replacing them with another lot of oldies. So long as it continues to work for him season in season out, what does it matter?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

The fact that Redknapp has increased our wage bill by 50% with his oldies is one of the reasons we have no money for transfers any more.

The fact that Redknapp has increased our wage bill by 50% with his oldies is one of the reasons we have no money for transfers any more.

eb6.jpg

Oh you do know how to make me laugh GB! You know perfectly well that's mostly down to Adebayor, Modric, Bale and VdV. That plus the season we were in the CL and HAD to increase wages to retain players.

Gutter

That is so not true.

The two are separate budgets. One budget is for wages and the other is for transfers - these two do not mix. So they can mix but only Levy can authorise that - I doubt he will have authorised any transfers between the two budgets. Simply because one is recurring expenditure the other is not.

That's simply not true.

3%2BTottenham%2BProfit.jpg

Our wages increased significantly last season due to player bonuses from our CL campaign. Our income increased massively as well. We invested heavily when Redknapp took over to get us back on track (note the high amortisation in recent years). As stated by Levy at the time, we cannot spend that much money every season. We might not have ?ú40 million in cash laying around, no businesses do, but when the right players come along we will spend, most likely with short term bank loans.

Subs

Harry Kane (18.)
Adam Smith (21)
Gio (23)
Thud (25)
Danny Rose (21)
Bongani Khumalo (25)

a list of permanent signings made since Redknapp took over :

Scott Parker, Louis Saha, Brad Friedel, Ryan Nelsen

Van der Vaart, Sandro, Pienaar, Gallas

Crouch, Bassong, Kaboul, Kyle Walker, Naughton, Krancjar, Jimmy Walker, Gudjonson

Keane, Defoe, Palacios, Corluka, Chimbonda, Cudicini

what can we read in to Redknapps transfer strategy from those 22 players ?

firstly i would give him credit for signing dependable players to balance a lop sided yet talented squad of players when it was needed after his arrival. but since then ?

there has been little focus on youth, only 3 players (Walker,Naughton & Sandro) are what id consider as players signed with a view to the future, there is a clear preference to signing older players who command big wages as back up options and he seems to rely solely on players with experience of the premier league.

so far, based on his activity in the transfer market, i would say he doesn't plan beyond the next season or two and relies too much on quick fix solutions. id say that possibly he is limited in respects to spotting emerging talent from abroad and also adding in to the mix his indecisiveness over the Suarez and Hunterlaar deals he is lacking confidence at buying 'top' players for this caliber of team

he has done well here no doubt - but i have grave concerns that IF the talent which was here when he arrived was to be sold on - would he be able to replace them adequately ?

do you have faith that he could replace the 'Top' players in our side ? If so what do you base that on ?

do you think he is bringing in enough young talent for the years to come ?

Last edited:
That's simply not true.

3%2BTottenham%2BProfit.jpg

Our wages increased significantly last season due to player bonuses from our CL campaign. Our income increased massively as well. We invested heavily when Redknapp took over to get us back on track (note the high amortisation in recent years). As stated by Levy at the time, we cannot spend that much money every season. We might not have ?ú40 million in cash laying around, no businesses do, but when the right players come along we will spend, most likely with short term bank loans.

No one knows how much of that 24m jump is bonuses.
It seems ridiculous trying to get in the competition if the money is instantly fudged down the drain in player bonuses.

No one knows how much of that 24m jump is bonuses.
It seems ridiculous trying to get in the competition if the money is instantly fudged down the drain in player bonuses.

8+CL+Distribution+2010-11.jpg

That's not including match day incomes, which would probably be pretty high with a sell out stadium in every match we held at WHL.

Even if that 24 million was all spent on bonuses, it's likely we made double that.

Edit: Plus your likely to get far better sponsorship deals if your in the Champions League. Also it's extremely good publicity all around europe. It has far reaching consequences.

Last edited:
Look, I know we could have done so much better if every little detail went our way, but in real life most things don't go your way.

Football in general has tinkled me off so much that I no longer care. All that matters to me is Tottenham and one season without CL football won't change that. If someone turns us down because of that then fudge them. This club is so much bigger than any single ****.

I'm not talking about "every little detail" I'm talking about a manager who did not do his job properly, when the clear proof is that had he done so, we would have finished 3rd. As for loving the club, preaching to the converted...40+ years. I know mate.

Would love it we would get a nice pay off and then the stupid spurs fans would see him for what he really is especailly if he came back for modric.

No bookie would give you a price on that Chich...it's a banker. In fact, do you remember when he tried to actively shove Modric out the door last August in the final week of the window when Levy had been saying since June "no sale"? Hmmmmm...

I'd much prefer AVB in this case.

Better points per game, better goals scored, better goals conceeded.

All round better manager, plus our player would actually accept him as manager.

I would love to gamble on AVB to, but I fear the UK media has put paid to him working in this country for some time yet...

Surely it is better to get a loan for six months than get a player you dont want (because the first three or four targets could not be attained)?

In fact its cost saving is it not? Rather than fork out 10m on a player you dont want you just get a guy on half the wages for six months as a temporary stop gap?

A while ago I wanted a specific car but it wasnt available, so I brought a 200 quid run around for three months until the car I wanted was available. i then brought the car I wanted. I didnt fork out 20k on a car I didnt want and suffer depreciation etc.

Same principles. Yet people blame Harry for the high wages yet forget the fact that we have (should have actually) a tonne of money cos Harry wasn't allowed to spunk all on second rate players.

Fixed.
Honestly, can we all just agree on one thing? The man is going to deliver a cavalcade of flimflam that many will eat up with delight as the silver-tongued cavalier rewrites history and patronizes people who saw things with their own two eyes all at once? In fact he will, whether he's here or not, deliver words which will convince me he is football's version of David Blaine i.e. the smoothest, creates of escape artists who somehow leaves every situation with his own reputation untouched.

Harry is to honesty and integrity what Helen Keller is to basketball.

Subs

Harry Kane (18.)
Adam Smith (21)
Gio (23)
Thud (25)
Danny Rose (21)
Bongani Khumalo (25)

Top 4 subs if ever I saw them...in fact, we believe so much in The Bong that we gave him how much game time last season? Still, let's not criticize the Great Manager eh? Luvverly jubbly...

I would love to gamble on AVB to, but I fear the UK media has put paid to him working in this country for some time yet...

I think they'd be considerably more forgiving / less obssessed with us given our far more realistic season objectives than those pricks

Last edited:
That's simply not true.

Our wages increased significantly last season due to player bonuses from our CL campaign.

What proof there is this was actually the case?

Not saying we didn't pay bonuses but all of the increase (close to 25 million - and as far as 40m from another source) going to that?

I strongly doubt someone was stringent as Levy would make such questionable financial commitments to players based on our very first CL qualification, without having prior precedent how it would affect our books in the long run, etc. - similar to a chav winning some pessos from the lotto and buying a falt-screen TV and some new traines - ridiculous financial planning.

Back