• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Maybe Harry thought Parker was going to go on a mazy dribble and delicatly dink one over Given in an expression of finesse not seen since Cezanne and Manet?

Last edited:
I didn't say that it was easy, just that you have to try and have a positive influence as a manager.

It's definitely not an easy task, but that WAS the task unfortuntely, and in my opinion Harry was very passive again, as he has been on numerous occasions.

You seem to find it unacceptable that away, with 10 men, against a team that parked the bus and had a lot to play for we weren't able to just carve them open and create massive goalscoring chances repeatedly. I would have course prefer that we managed just that, but I'm not surprised that we didn't. We're certainly not the fist, or last, PL side to experience that kind of frustration.

You seem to assume that just because we weren't doing as well as you wanted us to do that bringing on Defoe or making some other sub or change would automatically improve our play. It might just as well have hurt our chances.

You seem to find it unacceptable that away, with 10 men, against a team that parked the bus and had a lot to play for we weren't able to just carve them open and create massive goalscoring chances repeatedly. I would have course prefer that we managed just that, but I'm not surprised that we didn't. We're certainly not the fist, or last, PL side to experience that kind of frustration.

You seem to assume that just because we weren't doing as well as you wanted us to do that bringing on Defoe or making some other sub or change would automatically improve our play. It might just as well have hurt our chances.

That's not what im saying.

I think that Redknapp did nothing to influence that outcome and was little more than a spectator. Most worryingly of all i really think he looked genuinely bewildered stood on the sideline not have a clue what to do. Parker in the 89th minute was a nothing sub. Villa weren't even looking dangerous.

A mild change of formation in the 89th minute isnt up there with the greatest managerial performances the world has witnessed.

I think that Redknapp did nothing to influence that outcome and was little more than a spectator. Most worryingly of all i really think he looked genuinely bewildered stood on the sideline not have a clue what to do. Parker in the 89th minute was a nothing sub. Villa weren't even looking dangerous.

A mild change of formation in the 89th minute isnt up there with the greatest managerial performances the world has witnessed.

Any team will struggle against ten men in the penalty area.

Look at Barca v Chelscum.

As a Manager and as a fan and as anything you want really - there is not alot you can do. If ten men are camped in there 18 yard box, how are you going to get them out of position?

You cant

Is that the position I'm supposed to be arguing?

I'm arguing against those saying that Harry was happy to settle for a draw. I'm arguing against those saying that subbing VdV for Parker was some kind of horrible decision.

As a Manager and as a fan and as anything you want really - there is not alot you can do. If ten men are camped in there 18 yard box, how are you going to get them out of position?

You cant

I dont think you can write the situation off as having been impossible. I'm sure some teams have beaten defensive sides in the past.

Did you want to see Defoe on? And / or a few positive changes?

You cant

ridiculous statement - yes it's a hard job to break down stubborn opponents but that's what managers get paid to do, it's not like we haven't had enough practice against teams set up like this over the past 2/3 seasons.

Is that the position I'm supposed to be arguing?

I'm arguing against those saying that Harry was happy to settle for a draw. I'm arguing against those saying that subbing VdV for Parker was some kind of horrible decision.

Lets not take the high ground too much hey, did i post this:

weren't able to just carve them open and create massive goalscoring chances repeatedly ???

I dont recall claiming that either.

I'm not the only one using a bit of artist license here.

You cant

fudge it they should have all given up and went home.

I dont think you can write the situation off as having been impossible. I'm sure some teams have beaten defensive sides in the past.

Did you want to see Defoe on? And / or a few positive changes?

I wanted to see Defoe on for sure.

But if you put Defo on you gotta take off VDV. You get Ade and Defoe up top. But then where does the creativity, that youre asking for come from? the wings? well only Lennon and maybe modric but nothing from the left.

Two things went against us - the first goal which played into Villas hands and the sending off (although rose is brick and we played better with the ten on)

Ultimately I just think its totally unfair and wrong to suggest Harry settled for the draw. He clearly didnt.

Lets not take the high ground too much hey, did i post this:

weren't able to just carve them open and create massive goalscoring chances repeatedly ???

I dont recall claiming that either.

I'm not the only one using a bit of artist license here.

You weren't happy with us dominating possession, chances, corners etc so I assumed you were expecting to see more clear cut chances. Is this not the case?

My point remains, I don't see why changing the team would have necessarily made a positive impact. I think we did quite well in the second half all things considered.

At the end of such a game,there is no creativity needed.Hoof the ball in their box,crowd it and hope for the best.The more strikers you have,the better

You weren't happy with us dominating possession, chances, corners etc so I assumed you were expecting to see more clear cut chances. Is this not the case?

My point remains, I don't see why changing the team would have necessarily made a positive impact. I think we did quite well in the second half all things considered.

What chances did we have in the second half, aside from the penalty? This is what I said, we have different opinions on the way the game was headed.

At no point did i think that we would score a second. I think it was important we scored the second. I think Harry didnt know what to do. I think by making a change or two we may have profited (we'll never know). And brining on Parker, after weighing up the change for 10 minutes, was a joke.

All only in my opinion of course.

The fact is Harry looked at the bench, saw Cudicini, Nelsen, Livermore, a 5'0 striker , Louis bleeding Saha, GDS and the England Captain and didnt trust any of them other than Parker. I dont think he settled for a draw at all. He just has no faith in players outside his usual first 11.

Well lets be honest - judging by the antics now - it seems like we shouldnt even play next week. We should just not turn up. There is no point is there.

What's the point in having 3 attacking options on the bench when he's not gonna use any of them. He's be better off going back to having 2 goalkeepers on the bench.

What chances did we have in the second half, aside from the penalty? This is what I said, we have different opinions on the way the game was headed.

At no point did i think that we would score a second. I think it was important we scored the second. I think Harry didnt know what to do. I think by making a change or two we may have profited (we'll never know). And brining on Parker, after weighing up the change for 10 minutes, was a joke.

All only in my opinion of course.

I don't think we have different opinion on where the game was headed. I also thought we would struggle to find a 2nd goal, didn't surprise me although I was obviously hoping and cheering for it.

Where we seem to differ is on what kind of effect a change would have had. I thought the reason we would struggle to score a 2nd was the situation we were in, not the team we had on the pitch.

Back