• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Also, its not like bringing on Defoe would have made us any more open at the back, Defoe could have played the exact role of VdV who did very little in terms of defence.

By taking off a striker for a defensive midfielder, we became less of an attacking threat.

And therein my friend lies the rub.

That makes no sense though. Why would Adebayor scoring stop him from taking Rafa off?

Decent point but obviously the goal settled us down and Harry thought lets give it five mins and see. Five turned into ten then twenty. We dominated. You guys are all acting like we didnt dominate we didnt even try. You lot are also forgetting we had TEN MEN against a team who DID NOT play in mid week.

Look, I'm not a Harry fan however really not sure that bringing Defoe on would have achieved anything. Answer me this: who would you have brought him on for? VdV is our best finisher so worth keeping him on and after losing Rose taking off Kaboul, Gallas or Sandro would ahve been suicidal. MOdric is our best player and Bale and Lennon should be dangerous late in a game. Am really not sure that Defoe owuld have improved things.

Had we had 11 men then yes I would have thrown bodies forwards and backed our superior ability

We were always going to fudge that up. Blame Harry for playing Rose, sending out Corluka on loan, more than anything. We had a few chances at the end, but not many in the box. Defoe for VDV would have made sense.

I dont have a problem with Parker,but in this situation he had absolutely nothing to offer us.We didnt need protection at the back,we needed a fudging goal.Modric,Lennon,Sandro,Gallas and Walker are unlikely to score one.That leaves us with Bale and Adebayor,which is clearly not enough and we needed Defoe.So many times the ball bounced around in their box and a proper poacher would have gotten a goal today.

Whichever way you wanna see it,fact is we needed to win today and he left our 2 strikers on the bench for the whole game.We could have played a 2-4-3 formation,Villa was fudging terrible.

Bringing on a defensive midfielder is not the same as settling for the current result. Mancini brought on De Jong for Nasri today after about an hour, 10 minutes later they scored the 1-0 goal. Would you all have cried out how he was settling for a point had they not scored?

VdV was holding his thigh on the touchline, could have been feeling an injury. Either way we were about to finish our third game in about a week, putting on more strikers making us stretched could have been a very bad idea and could have cost us possession.

I fail to see how you people get from "we had a lot of possession with one striker on the pitch" to "we should have had another striker on the pitch". Part of the reason we had so much possession was that we had 4 midfielders.

Well it's quite obvious isn't it, cause he was happy with a draw. no other way around it.

Well the commentator reckoned Adebayor's number was up on the sub board. But the comms were brick all day and they could have been wrong like they were about most things.

macaronic doesn't even begin to describe some people. Bringing on a striker doesn't mean an automatic goal ffs. How many times have we brought on Defoe and switched to a 4-4-2 when things were not going to plan, only to look and play even more brick and not even create any decent chance? it's happened so often this season but people still don't want to register it in their thick heads and continue this flimflam.

He put on Parker so we can get hold of the ball more, to keep possesion, and to hopefully create chances from it. "Put on Defoe, put on Defoe" oh shut up with that flimflam.

If that was a reaction to the first 20 minutes IÔÇÖd agree and understand it but I seriously have to ask if you saw the game because Villa almost didnÔÇÖt touch the ball in the latter part of the second half. I think itÔÇÖs pretty disrespectful to call out your fellow fans for not understanding this simple idea that Redknapp had when in fact they might have understood it completely but just disagrees with the notion that that move was a smart one?

Villa was there for the taking all game and especially after the sending off because the game opened up. Had we brought on an extra striker, preferably Defoe we would have been able to sit back and defend and catch Villa on the counter. ItÔÇÖs simple really.

BECAUSE

If we lost then Arsenal only need a draw at West Brom but now they need to win and at West Brom with Hodgson's last game; It's going to be tough for Arsenal.

Decent point but obviously the goal settled us down and Harry thought lets give it five mins and see. Five turned into ten then twenty. We dominated. You guys are all acting like we didnt dominate we didnt even try. You lot are also forgetting we had TEN MEN against a team who DID NOT play in mid week.

Another issue i have with redknapp during his whole time here he does not make changes quick enough.

BECAUSE

If we lost then Arsenal only need a draw at West Brom but now they need to win and at West Brom with Hodgson's last game; It's going to be tough for Arsenal.

It's going to be tough for them.

It's also going to be tough for us.

I'd much rather have my fate in my own hands rather then relying on others to mess up.

Bringing on a defensive midfielder is not the same as settling for the current result. Mancini brought on De Jong for Nasri today after about an hour, 10 minutes later they scored the 1-0 goal. Would you all have cried out how he was settling for a point had they not scored?

VdV was holding his thigh on the touchline, could have been feeling an injury. Either way we were about to finish our third game in about a week, putting on more strikers making us stretched could have been a very bad idea and could have cost us possession.

I fail to see how you people get from "we had a lot of possession with one striker on the pitch" to "we should have had another striker on the pitch". Part of the reason we had so much possession was that we had 4 midfielders.
They scored only after he brought on Dzeko.Not that Dzeko did anything amazing,but it created room for Toure to take his shot.We were never gonna create clear cut chances against such a defensive Villa side,we should have just kept throwing balls into their box and crowd it as much as possible.Posession meant fudge all today,unfortunately

The De Jong substitution was different. It allowed Toure to go from a defensive midfielder to an attacking midfielder, which is where the goal came from. Bringing on Parker just led to Gallas staying up front more, a role which Defoe would have been much better at.

You might say it let Bale go forward more, but I disagree. He was barely in a left back position for 10 minutes before the sub, he was constantly involved in attacks

They scored only after he brought on Dzeko.Not that Dzeko did anything amazing,but it created room for Toure to take his shot.We were never gonna create clear cut chances against such a defensive Villa side,we should have just kept throwing balls into their box and crowd it as much as possible.Posession meant fudge all today,unfortunately

The De Jong substitution was different. It allowed Toure to go from a defensive midfielder to an attacking midfielder, which is where the goal came from. Bringing on Parker just led to Gallas staying up front more, a role which Defoe would have been much better at.

You might say it let Bale go forward more, but I disagree. He was barely in a left back position for 10 minutes before the sub, he was constantly involved in attacks

My point was "Bringing on a defensive midfielder is not the same as settling for the current result" I then gave an example. More strikers doesn't equal more goals. "Harry settling" That seems to be the entire point of this thread and those complaining.

It not only allowed Bale more freedom it also allowed Lennon and Modric more freedom. If you actually think, if you really think, that the idea was to bring on Parker so that Gallas could stay up front you need to stop, breathe, relax and think a bit before you start typing.

The Defoe sub sums it up for me. His logic was Adebayor isn't doing enough, I'll sub him off for Defoe. Then Ade scores the pen. Now Redknapp things "oh fudge I can't sub off the scorer, that will look bad". I mean that's some departed playing to the media management right there.

So you think when Harry was making his tactical changes today what was on his mind was how it would look in the papers?

That is the most ridiculous thing I've heard on here in a long time, and it's a strong field.

My point was "Bringing on a defensive midfielder is not the same as settling for the current result" I then gave an example. More strikers doesn't equal more goals. "Harry settling" That seems to be the entire point of this thread and those complaining.

It not only allowed Bale more freedom it also allowed Lennon and Modric more freedom. If you actually think, if you really think, that the idea was to bring on Parker so that Gallas could stay up front you need to stop, breathe, relax and think a bit before you start typing.
They are all not natural goal scorers,Defoe is.We needed a goal,Defoe was the most likely person to score one

Back